Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Possible Marijuana Found at VA Montrose Chief's Office

12 posts in this topic

VA probes pot-like substance found in chief's office

(Original publication: August 27, 2007)

MONTROSE - The Inspector General's Office of the Department of Veterans Affairs has taken over an investigation of four small packets containing a substance resembling marijuana reportedly found in the police chief's office at the Montrose VA hospital.

Four "glassine envelopes containing a brown and green in color leafy substance" were found last month behind the desk of Police Chief Brian Pack, according to a police report sent anonymously to The Journal News.

No VA officials would comment on the July 27 incident.

The offense report indicates the packets were found while the chief and a VA employee were moving furniture in his office, and says Pack summoned a drug-sniffing dog to search his office upon the discovery. The report also indicates that tests on three of the four packets showed that the substance was not marijuana.

Hospital police had three testing kits, and and an inspector general's agent picked up the evidence and took over the probe before the fourth was tested, the report said.

Special Agent Chris Wagner picked up the evidence on Aug. 1, according to the report.

Edited by Remember585

I fail to see the problem here, he reported it, it was tested and found to not be marijuana and it is now being investigated by an outside agency. How is he possibly in trouble? Heck, even if it was marijuana, it still only a violation, 100 bucks maximum.

Hey, i was moving furniture the other day and I lost three packs of Oregano, has anyone seen it???? OH...............

Just joking, this does not look good at all.

Looks like the Chief has a whole bunch of management issues. I just hope the fake pot wasn't someone's ill advised attempt at making the Chief look bad, because if it is, he will end up smelling like roses as a victim.

its just a little bit of marijuana, not like its 98 lbs of it! I know of a place that rehired someone In the fire dept. who was busted for 98 lbs of pot! so whats the big ''DEAL"!!!!!!!!!

what they failed to mention there was that the reason he was moving office furniture was because he was removed from the police station and put into a office in another building because of his actions towards the officers. its sad to see these people get treated the way they do. most of them are retired officers from big area departments with a lot of experience. this guy is just ruining the department and any credibility it may of had.

Ummm....none of the packets have been confirmed to actually be Marijuana.

I always wondered why I was in a good mood when I stopped in to say hi to some of the co-workers I was friendly with. LOL.

Otherwise lets look at all the staff there and see who has gained weight and has potato chip crumbs all over the office, car and their uniform. Munchies never lie.

All kidding aside...the guy did the right thing by reporting it. At least he found it.

he just likes cooking italian food from scratch in his office. C'mon, give the guy a break. :P:P

don't you love how when joe shmo gets caught with 6 baggies of weed theirs nothing in the paper, but when a ranking officer gets caught with 3 suspicious baggies theirs a full spread on it