Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

New NYPD Harbor vessel

12 posts in this topic

All photos from NY Daily News (nydailynews.com)

Boat has built in radiation detection equipment, and also comes with a 20 inch remote control submarine vessel to inspect underbellies of ships in the Harbor.

Awesome addition NYPD!!

gal_fast_boat2.jpg

gal_fast_boat12.jpg

gal_fast_boat13.jpg

That is one of the coolest tools I have seen in a long time. YPD Marine 2???? Right... Good for the NYPD staying on top of the counter-terrorism world. Do other major ports have similar vehicles? Newark, Wilmington NC, LA??????????????????????????????????

That is one of the coolest tools I have seen in a long time. YPD Marine 2???? Right... Good for the NYPD staying on top of the counter-terrorism world. Do other major ports have similar vehicles? Newark, Wilmington NC, LA??????????????????????????????????

I heard on the news here that the San Diego Harbor Police and USCG Station San Diego are getting the same type of boats.

She's a beauty!

Very nice, just one more tool in the line of defense on terrorism. Excellent combo speed and new technology.

It's interesting you should mention the CG, Duane. Especially since the CG had like 4 boats that weren't much bigger than that for drug interdiction back in the 80's and had to take them out of service due to the cost of operating them. Heck, that was one of the things that hooked me into enlisting.

Boston Police have a similar style boat. Delivered in 2004, I believe. Has twin outboard engines, though.

WOW! Nice boat! I wonder about operating in the wintertime, lol.

any reason for it saying nyc police rather than nypd on the side?

Seems like a fair weather only boat, doesn't it? I mean, unless it has a canvas you can put on top when it rains, I don't think it'd be much fun to take out in inclement weather. I wonder why they didn't opt for something more along the lines of the ridge hull, close cockpit boats that the CG uses. Something more along the lines of this: http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview...rve_protect.jpg