Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OnTheWheel

Port Chester Parade Results?

16 posts in this topic

That was a great parade yesterday congrats to Mellor engine and hose company #3 for 125 years of service

I think it was a disgrace that the apparatus & marching was judged by sitting on the curb

I think it was a disgrace that the apparatus & marching was judged by sitting on the curb

I SECOND THAT

Did Montrose win anything?

2nd Most men in line and 2nd BEST REGULATION

Verplanck won longest distance

Buchanan won second longest distance

That covers for what I know as per TRI-Village

ossining got best overall and most men in line and 3 for their band as well as something for ladder41 i believe

tarrytown got 1 for eng 80 adsley got best combo for ladder50 montrose got best non requlation uniform i believe and katoah got at least 2 trophys

What is everyone talking about with the judging from the curb?

Sounds like they were judged just prior to the parade...during the lineup.

Sounds like they were judged just prior to the parade...during the lineup.

From what I am told they were "judging" as the rigs went down the street during the parade. Wasn't there so I don't know for sure.

From what I am told they were "judging" as the rigs went down the street during the parade. Wasn't there so I don't know for sure.

You weren't there, but your company was...and they still lost...I mean I could see if you were there...you have never been in step!

Tarrytown:

Best Engine over 10 years old

2nd Best Color Guard

Ossining won several, the only one I know for sure was Best Color Guard. Good job to all the guys in the Color Guard, you did a great job.

You weren't there, but your company was...and they still lost...I mean I could see if you were there...you have never been in step!

A. I am always in step....with myself.

B. We did win - an apparatus trophy - but that stuff means nothing to me.

C. I had to work otherwise I would have been there....maybe. Did the route pass Hubbas? ;)

From my expierence (24yrs) the county parade was always judged by Westchester county judges. I have seen the parade judged before (which is you bring your rig up to a site to be judged prior to the parade) or it is judged during the parade so what I'm saying is that the guys that know how the rigs & marching are judged spent a lot of time & energy on cleaning these rigs & all you had to do is clean the driver side of the rig the time that was put into cleaning the rigs was a waste.

im not going to bash anyone from port chester but it was poorly planed. The judging was awful I have never seen a parade judged by sitting at a table. When we where marching I didnt even know that there was a reviewing stand. Any one know how many guys Otown had in line? I know that MFD had 35-40.

The parade was handled by Mellor Engine and Hose.