Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

Pictures of apparatus that I have

29 posts in this topic

With EMTbravo's new found energy on taking photo's. I'm asking all member's post what photo's you have of anything fire or ems related on the topic. Disscuss on what you like or even dislike with eachother's photo's. DON'T BASH a members photo. Just give them advise on how to make there pictures better. Who know's maybe EMTbravo may take whatever is on this topic, and put it on the main page B) . So if you took a picture of an incident, and submited it, but had never saw it on the .com. Here's your chance to shine. ;) I'll start.

Car 2001

Car2001.jpg

Car 2242

car2242.jpg

66A1

Vac430.jpg

66A1 and 68A1

Vac430andEMS10.jpg

Empress 504

Picture108.jpg

Edited by ems-buff

Three More!!

Empress 703

Picture098.jpg

Con-ED Command center

Picture083.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Not bad, you should try to get the whole truck or what ever your shooting in the picture. I noticed some of the pictures were cut off. Play with angles also get down on one knee take a shot and see what it looks like. Example the second picture of the Con-ed mobile unit on the angle you got the whole truck with not much back ground "stuff" going on which makes the person looking concentrate more on the truck. The empress ambulance the front end is cut off, like I said try to get the "whole picture" Keep in mind these are just some ideas I'm by no means a professional but I try. On a side note Chief Pitocco needs a wash or a new truck ;)

Oh one more thing, lighting you don't want it overcast or cloudy. Also watch the shadows,some of the pictures theres a shadow on parts on the trucks on some of the pictures. Just somethings to think about.

I hope this helps... I know there are members with way more talent in picture taking and I hope to hear from them as well.

Edited by HFD750

Not bad, you should try to get the whole truck or what ever your shooting in the picture. I noticed some of the pictures were cut off. Play with angles also get down on one knee take a shot and see what it looks like. Example the second picture of the Con-ed mobile unit on the angle you got the whole truck with not much back ground "stuff" going on which makes the person looking concentrate more on the truck. The empress ambulance the front end is cut off, like I said try to get the "whole picture" Keep in mind these are just some ideas I'm by no means a professional but I try. On a side note Chief Pitocco needs a wash or a new truck ;)

Oh one more thing, lighting you don't want it overcast or cloudy. Also watch the shadows,some of the pictures theres a shadow on parts on the trucks on some of the pictures. Just somethings to think about.

I hope this helps... I know there are members with way more talent in picture taking and I hope to hear from them as well.

Thank you I will try that.

Also BUMB

Doesn't anyone have any pictures to share?....

is the ConEd mobile command center considered an emergency vehicle?

Bumb

Anyone else have any pictures to show off.....

Isn't Hancock waaaay up in central NY?? Kinda surprising to see Harrison E-11 running MA with them.

Isn't Hancock waaaay up in central NY?? Kinda surprising to see Harrison E-11 running MA with them.

Those big floods from a couple years back...

I bet they were up there for M/A when that big flood we have 2 years ago in Central and upstate NY.

Harrison was probably going to a call on the Hutch NB in my district and got lost ;)

Nice to know 2163... i mean 2161.... i mean 2162 and the boys have my back... Havent you been the head chief there for like 3 years now???

JBJ

Its going to be sad to see Engine 11 going. I think that it is one of my favorite rigs in all of Westchester.

Would be nice to see Harrison keep it as a parade piece. Fitz, your pictures are pretty good, you just need to work on the angle of the shot. Look at some of the pictures Seth and Mike Martinelli have taken. I wasn't too good at taking them myself, and I still can improve, but I did take some cues from them, and other photographers I know.

I don't know how this would affect Fire Apparatus pictures, but when I took a Photography class in college they taught about "the rule of thirds". What the "rule of thirds" is is the points of focus that the viewer will naturally focus on when initially viewing the photograph.

To determine these points divide the picture into thirds both horizontally and vertically. The intersections of these points are the focus points of the photo. See this link Wikipedia - Rule of Thirds for more info.

A Fairview fire, from a few years ago...post-128-1199583952.jpg

Hancock is located in western New York near the Pennsylvania border

A guy I used to work with lived up there along Rt. 17, that's why I was asking. Seemed like a hell of a relocation.

Two of my favorite rigs...

Engine 119

ffi_on_72507.jpg

Tanker 10

mypic03.jpg

Not sure if this fits the category. It's more about the flag, but...

161274237-L.jpg