Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

No Straight Sticks For Putnam?

10 posts in this topic

If I'm not mistaken (with the exception of Cold Spring, which I believe is an older, older piece), all the truck companies in Putnam County are Tower Ladders.

I'm curious as to why there aren't any departments in Putnam that don't have a straight stick? With the way Putnam is developing, I'm sure there's a need for one is some communities, even communities that already have a TL.

Are any departments in Putnam planning to get a straight stick, or quint, in the future?

And, where is your closest straight stick coming from?

Cold Spring's Ladder (Ex-Carmel 1964 Oren/Grove)has been removed from service with no plans for replacement. On the Western side of Putnam you have Peekskill ( 95' Tower) to the south and Rombout (100' Tower) and Fishkill (65' Stick) to the north.

In Eastern Putnam you have 4 Towers (Carmel, Mahopac, Brewster & Pattterson). If a stick in needed we have Mohegan Ladder 10 (75') or Ladder 35 (110') to the south and Danbury to the east. If needed we could also get Dover (75' stick) from the north.

I beleive Somers has plans for a 65-75' stick in the next few years also.

New Fairfield also has a 1975 100' Seagrave (Pierce Refurb) straight stick, we border Putnam Lake and Patterson and are minutes from Brewster.

If needed we could also get Dover (75' stick) from the north.

Call often ;)

Call often ;)

For a while back inthe 80's, we (Mahopac 18-5-1) were the 3rd or 4th due ladder on the preplan for Westchester Module Homes. We never got to take the ride. ;)

Edited by EJS1810

East Fishkill once got called to Patterson with 39-46 (FAST vehicle) for a fire. Seems on that night there were several large scale incidents going on at the time.

East Fishkill (95' aerial platform) has been called to Putnam for other things in the past as well.

Mohegan Ladder10 and 35 have responded a few times in recent years to Continental Village to fires plus into the Mahopac Falls FD's Fish Bowl area and to Putnam Valley HS (PVFD), where there is automatic dual dispatch set up.

Edited by CG206

yorktown has a stick too

True, but we're in Westchester, not Putnam

True, but we're in Westchester, not Putnam

i know yorktown isn't in putnam i was just replying to where the nearest stick could come from if a putnam department needed one .

Edited by texastom791