JetPhoto

Vice President Dick Cheney to hunt in Dutchess County again

14 posts in this topic

From the Poughkeepsie Journal

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Exclusive: Cheney to hunt in Dutchess County again

By John Ferro

Poughkeepsie Journal

Vice President Dick Cheney is coming to Dutchess County again to go hunting, according to two sources familiar with his plans. Cheney will arrive Sunday night and head to a hunting club in Dutchess Monday morning.

Cheney is expected to arrive Sunday night at Stewart airport and travel to a hotel in Poughkeepsie, sources said.

On Monday morning, he is expected to leave Poughkeepsie and head to the Clove Valley Rod & Gun Club in LaGrangeville.

Motorists can expect road closures and considerable associated delays on Interstate 84 and Route 9 Sunday night, and on Route 55 and again on Interstate 84 on Monday. Depending on what time he travels Monday morning, his trip could disrupt school bus service in affected areas.

Cheney last visited Dutchess County in December, 2003, when he attended a fundraiser at the Pawling Mountain Club. His arrival shut down Interstate 84 for about an hour, including many crossings. On his departure, I-84 was closed again for about 20 minutes.

In October of 2001, Cheney hunted at the Clove Valley Rod & Gun Club.

Cheney last made plans to go hunting in Dutchess in 2005. He was expected to visit the Orvis Sandanona shooting grounds in Millbrook on Oct. 29. The trip was canceled hours after Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis Libby, was indicted in the CIA leak investigation.

Put on your duck costumes, he won't shoot at you that way!!

Oh crap..... Here we go again waisting local resources and tying up traffic...... Last time this chucklehead was here it was a joke......

All lawyers should stay clear of this area and please ensure this man is not served BEvERages prior to this hunting trip! :lol:

Put on your duck costumes, he won't shoot at you that way!!

Yeah, and have someone else dress up as Big Bird! :lol:

Hope he gets BLANKS to shoot with, not the real thing! :P

Mike

They still let him carry a gun, Notify the Hospital to perpare a room for a victim of a gun shoot wound caused by Cheney.

Yeah, and have someone else dress up as Big Bird! :lol:

Hope he gets BLANKS to shoot with, not the real thing! :P

Mike

At least he didn't kill anyone...like Ted Kennedy did <_<

They still let him carry a gun, Notify the Hospital to perpear a room for a victim of a gun shoot wound cause by Cheney.

HAHA! I'm working St. Francis ER Sunday night into Monday, should prove to be interesting.

This should be intresting.

Edited by pentax02839

Dick your welcome at my house anytime. I'd like to thank you for the support and equipment you afforded us when you were Sec. of Defense unlike Bill Clinton and Bill Cohen after you left. There's wood in the fireplace and your choice of hot buttered Rum or warm hard cider.

Tying up local resources? In my business we call that OT baby! I could get into a deep winded discussion of waste of local resources and tax dollars...but Seth's server might crash...lol.

Dick your welcome at my house anytime. I'd like to thank you for the support and equipment you afforded us when you were Sec. of Defense unlike Bill Clinton and Bill Cohen after you left. There's wood in the fireplace and your choice of hot buttered Rum or warm hard cider.

Tying up local resources? In my business we call that OT baby! I could get into a deep winded discussion of waste of local resources and tax dollars...but Seth's server might crash...lol.

Here here!

Let's not forget how RARE it is in this liberal, (aka women's genatalia) world, for a politician; let alone "Car 2", to be a hunter and a gun owner.

And I guess it was ok when Slick Will and his wife" tied up traffic when ever they were in Chappaqua...you know the house they purchased (or was purchased for them) along with thier office in Harlem. Shutting all highways when they traveled to the city, diverting air traffic, etc. Not bad for people who dismantled our military, pardoned criminals, and even lied about being a Yankee fan. Hiliary couldn't find Yankee stadium on radar before she became Senator.

And if she wins we will be in the same boat again. Who knows, they may sell the house. They won't need a NY residency anymore if she wins. She will have got want she wanted all along. God help us !!!