Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Delivery Roundup: Who's Getting What?

44 posts in this topic

NEW ROCHELLE FIRE DEPARTMENT

DECEMBER 2007 NEW 110FT ALF REAR MOUNT TO BE DELIEVERED

FY2008 NEW HEAVY RESCUE TO BE ORDERED

FY2008 NEW 1500GPM W/750 TANK TO BE ORDERED

FY2008 NEW MASS CASUALTY UNIT TO BE ORDERED

Somers is just about ready to go out to bid on a Quint. hopefully for delivery early in 09

Today's journal news legal notices:

Village of Pelham accepting bids for 1500gpm demo pumper to be delivered within 90 days of the close of the bids on 12/7

Heard some whispers it might be a Ferrara, but nothing certain.

Putnam Valley FD is replacing our 1988 Pierce Lance formerly rescue/engine 24-2-1 out of station 2 currently engine 24-2-2 out of Sta1. Contracts being signed shortly for a Spartan/Marion 1000/1000 pumper. Details will follow soon.

I haven't had a ton of contact with the committee, but given the information that has been relayed to me.... Paint that rig red and you've got the new Ladder 52.

I'd prefer to see it labeled as an Engine not a Ladder, but that is a different discussion for a different time.

We are looking to get the same exact rig. We are in the very early stages of specing this out. What are you guys looking to do with the rig? Will it serve as a Ladder, Quint or Engine? Also, how much hose, water and ladders are you looking to put on it? We are looking at other departments to see how they have set up this type of rig.

Last thing. Have you demoed the SL75 at your station and who did you go through?

Very Nice Engine!!!! May you have many years of great service eith it!!!

Winona Lake, T/Newburgh, will be receiving their refurbished 87 Pierce Engine 322. It went OOS in July(?) and went back to Pierce for refurb. Tank was upped from 500 to 1000. Seats, lighting, etc brought up to current NFPA. Engine was supposed to be back in mid-November, but was delayed. We should have it sometime between Christmas and New Years.

New Hamburg Fire District just ordered a Sutphen SPH100 Tower. This will replace the 1987 Tower that is housed at Station 1. We should get this Tower late 2008.

The New Engine 51

More Pictures to Follow !!!

Ok Men - I should be ashamed.. Seth Do Not kick me off for these.. but I have to brag.

I know better but here are a few quick shots from tonight.

I promise to get some great daytime shots in the next week or so.

Should be inservice in a week or two

E-ONE Cyclone II

Total Custom Rescue Pumper

515 HP Detroit (All I have to say is WOW !!!)

1500 Hale

54" Crosslay Height !!

Holmatro Core System

post-4472-1196044260.jpg

post-4472-1196044282.jpg

post-4472-1196044320.jpg

post-4472-1196044339.jpg

post-4472-1196044378.jpg

We are looking to get the same exact rig. We are in the very early stages of specing this out. What are you guys looking to do with the rig? Will it serve as a Ladder, Quint or Engine? Also, how much hose, water and ladders are you looking to put on it? We are looking at other departments to see how they have set up this type of rig.

Last thing. Have you demoed the SL75 at your station and who did you go through?

Again, I'm not part of the committee and have been inactive since moving to Florida 3 years ago, BUT from what I understand it will be Ladder 52.

It will run as a Quint out of headquarters first due to all structure fires and general alarms within the district.

E-247 and/or MA-10 will continue to handle first due vehicle, brush, and second due engine responsibilities from HQ for the east side and E-248 and Tanker 15 will handle the first/second due general alarm and structure responsibilities (depending on arrival order with L-52) as well as first due vehicle and brush responsibilities on the west end.

I'm not sure what they did as far as demoing a unit. When I was on the committee to build E-248 in 2002-2003 I drove just about everything that Sutphen made. The guys might have just gone over Chappaqua's tower which is nearly identical to what MFC has on order minus the bucket. Mike Myers of Sutphen East was the rep for E-248 and I'd assume the same for the new ladder.

Keep eyes on bergen county in 2008 quite a few sutphens coming :D

In Derby we're getting a 2008 lifeline ambulance on a gmc 4500 chassis and an engine to replace Engine 14 a 1987 Pierce Lance.

Beekman (dutchess cty) is in the planning phase of Purchasing a Pierce PUC on a velocity chassis. not set in concrete though.