Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

What Is An Alpha Member? New EMTBravo Membership Status

43 posts in this topic

An Alpha Member will be a member with 350+ posts. It will be to signify a member who regularly contributes to this forum, has experience posting, and has been around for a while.

If you have 350+ posts and aren't clasified as an Alpha member yet, then you will be promoted automatically on your next post.

If you have LESS than 350 posts, you will be automatically promoted on your 350th post.

Again, I want to reenforce that posting to increase your post count, or "spamming" the forum is not tolerated, so anyone found to be doing so will have their post count reduced by 350 posts. If you want to get to Alpha status, then continue making quality posts and the time will come where you will get it.

ALPHA-QUALIFIED MEMBERS: You may make a post in this thread to automatically promote you.

Cool,

as always great job and another nice touch to the board.

Aside from the designation, does the "alpha member" have any more user-rights to the web site, ie. a separate threads that are locked out to the general public?

Aside from the designation, does the "alpha member" have any more user-rights to the web site, ie. a separate threads that are locked out to the general public?

Yes, the second phase of this program will give Alpha Members additional features. I'm not sure what they will be yet, but it will be along the lines of they can store more PM's, can start polls, along with other enhancments to current features and additonal privledges, etc.

Ok, got my curiosity going here. Will there be additional tiers to the membership levels. Since 500 gets Alpha Member, would there be anything for 1000 posts? 1500? etc....

So being a male, does this now make me an "Alpha-Male"?

And actually, now that I re-read this thread, I thought it originally said 500+ posts, and now it reads 350. Did I mis-read it originally, or did you decide to change the requirements??

And actually, now that I re-read this thread, I thought it originally said 500+ posts, and now it reads 350. Did I mis-read it originally, or did you decide to change the requirements??

UPDATE (Sorry, meant to do this before but got caught up):

You are correct. After studying some numbers, I determined that there were some loyal and steady contributors to this forum that had a post count of less then 350. They were way short of 500, so I wanted the number to be fair and obtainable to the majority of the Verified Members.

Also, I reserve the right to promote any member who I feel contributes positive and constructive information to this forum but probaly won't reach 350 for years, such as SNOTTY and johnvv, who contribute excellent postive and constructive information on a steady basis, although not that frequently.

(To be fair, requirments are: Must be a member for 2+ years, log on at least twice a week, and have 15+ posts spread out over the duration of membership)

YOU CANNOT REQUEST THIS, IT IS TO BE DETERMINED BY EMTBRAVO NETWORK WEBTEAM!

I think Baboosky has a great idea in that each level of mebership should have access to special forum topics that only that level can discuss. This should allow for further discussion and constructive criticism without all of the obscenities and name calling that some of the more "immature" members contribute to discussions.

Great Idea and as always I support it completely.

Moose

I think that this is a good idea. there is so much to learn on this forum, and I do see it as an aide to training. but the special forum topics is sometihng that i do not agree on everyone should be able to see everything discussed in the forum

promote me

OK, you're now part of the lesser known special membership level B - for BUFFY!!!

:P

Edited by Chris192

This sounds like a great way to encourage more members to post more frequently by giving them something to look forward to, and lowering the required number of posts was also a good idea.

So is being an Alpha member anything like being an exclusive member of the Skull & Cross bones?

i'll think of it as being a member of the Free Masons!

An Alpha Member will be a member with 350+ posts. It will be to signify a member who regularly contributes to this forum, has experience posting, and has been around for a while.

If you have 350+ posts and aren't clasified as an Alpha member yet, then you will be promoted automatically on your next post.

If you have LESS than 350 posts, you will be automatically promoted on your 350th post.

Again, I want to reenforce that posting to increase your post count, or "spamming" the forum is not tolerated, so anyone found to be doing so will have their post count reduced by 350 posts. If you want to get to Alpha status, then continue making quality posts and the time will come where you will get it.

ALPHA-QUALIFIED MEMBERS: You may make a post in this thread to automatically promote you.

:blink:

<--- With the new improved graphics below, you think I should change my avitar????

Seriously though, I think this is a good idea as long as everyone keep within the rules.

Only a few hundred more to go....

Very Good Idea

:lol:

Be Safe and everybody have a Good Holiday

Seth

As always you keep making the site better and better.

Thanks for your hard work

Chris

<--- With the new improved graphics below, you think I should change my avitar????

Seriously though, I think this is a good idea as long as everyone keep within the rules.

Nah, change him out for Homer Simpson! :P

Speaking of which, should i change mine?

Finally before I forget, again (:rolleyes:) thank you seth for everything you do!

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

I would have to disagree with the idea of making forums that normal Verified Members cannot access. The point of EMTBravo, if I understand correctly, is to share information with all members of the emergency services. While I'm all for encouraging people to post more often, that kind of pseudo-elitism, IMHO, is not fitting for this site.

UPDATE (Sorry, meant to do this before but got caught up):

You are correct. After studying some numbers, I determined that there were some loyal and steady contributors to this forum that had a post count of less then 350. They were way short of 500, so I wanted the number to be fair and obtainable to the majority of the Verified Members.

Ok, good, I thought I was losing it there for a minute!!

Ok, good, I thought I was losing it there for a minute!!

Well, I'm not too sure we can rule that one out quite yet. LOL

Nice graphics seth looks sharp, Is the Moderator graphic new too?

I think its a good idea why not, with membership comes privelages???

So does being an Alpha member mean the non Alpha members have to roll the hose?.... :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Just want to go over a couple of points....

-There won't be any special forum for Alpha members.

-If you have 350 posts or more already, the next post you make your group will automatically upate and reflect in your profile. You may make that post in this thread if you don't want to wait until the next time you make a post.

-For those in the 14-17 class, it's not about quantity so much, it's about quality. Threads and posts that are vague or clearly made to increase post counts, will be deleted and you will be docked posts in your post count Please do not post unless it is something of substance. Example: Don't post a bunch of posts with links, or make a thread about "Who Are You Dispatched By?". Neither accomplishes much IMO other then to add clutter to the topics list and takes away from other members topics.

I'm sleepy, so more tommorow, and I'll give more details about a couple more changes to membership levels on this forum.