Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Glenbrook FD (Stamford,CT) FF Firefighter Gabrielle Costello Killed In Iraq

32 posts in this topic

It is with a heavy heart and profound sadness that Chief Frank Passero of the Glenbrook Volunteer Fire Dept announces the death of Firefighter Gabrielle Costello, killed while serving his country in Iraq on November 25, 2007.

Posted on 29 Nov 2007 @ 11:11 by Tom Alessi ScanCT.com

I received a news text message today that a member of The Glenbrook FD in Stamford was killed in Iraq.

JC

I received a news text message today that a member of The Glenbrook FD in Stamford was killed in Iraq.

JC

Rest in peace.

My thoughts are with the Costello family and the Glenbrook FD family in their time of grief. May he truly rest in peace.

God Bless and rest in peace. Thank you for your selfless sacrifice for our great country.

God Bless his Family and the Glenbrook FD. May he Rest in Peace, and may God hold him in the Palm of His Hand.

An terrifying shame. May God bless him and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with his family at home and his family at Glenbrook FD.

RIP, my prayers are with his family and friends.

ONE BRAVE MAN , thanks for ''PROTECTING US '' from fire and our way of life. FIREFIGHTER ANGELO J. SPOSTA PCFD

May God bless his soul and rest in peace. My prayers as well as those of the Bethel Fire Dept go out to his family.

RIP, may god bless his family

Rest In Peace , Brother.
RIP Brother and thank you...

From GreenWichtime.com

Stamford volunteer firefighter killed in Iraq

Donna Porstner

Staff Writer

Published November 29 2007

A volunteer firefighter from Stamford has been killed in Iraq, according to Glenbrook Fire Department officials.

Gabrielle Costello, 26, a U.S. Army ranger, was killed in action Sunday, Glenbrook Fire Lt. Troy Jones said.

Costello's mother called the department early today to tell them about her son's death, said Jones, who took the phone call.

"We just found out at about 6 a.m. this morning," he said. "We're still trying to absorb it all right now."

Costello, who lived on Rose Street a few blocks from the firehouse, was an active member of the department from March 2004 until October 2004, when he went into the Army, Jones said.

A spokesman for the U.S. Department of Defense could not confirm Costello's death.

Glenbrook Fire Chief Frank Passero said the department will dedicate its annual tree lighting, slated for 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Hope Street Park, to Costello.

"We have a great deal of sadness and our hearts are broken," Jones said.

RIP

Rip brother. Thanks, and much gratitude for serving your country!

to a man who served his community and his country, may you rest in peace.

rest in peace brother, you will always be in our hearts

Rest in Peace Brother

Rest In Peace Ranger

Thank You

Edited by kfire94

A heartfelt Thank you to Firefighter/Army Ranger Gabrielle Costello for his willingness to protect our values and way of life. Unfortunately there are factions in the world today that will do anything to destroy our values that our forefathers brought forth when this country was born. Today, peace is through strength, because anything less can destroy our way of life. My condolences to the family and friends of Firefighter/Army Ranger Gabrielle Costello for making the ultimate sacrifice to protect all of us back home. We must never forget 9-11 and the lengths some people will go to , to inflict harm on innocent civilians on our home turf.

Rest in Peace, Brother.

My condolences to those affected by your loss.