Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DOC22

Nextel Phone Service Problems

67 posts in this topic

Has anybody had any problems with their NEXTEL Direct Connect? Service restricted or not completing on a DC call?

It's nextel, what do you expect?

lately after direct connecting with a person I will be talking and then the nextel will stop the transmission for no reason. It has been happening to me for awhile. Has anyoneelse had this problem?

I have an older i1000 and it regularly has problems with signal. I can stand totally still and have a full signal one second and then only one bar the next.....probably a phone issue more than reception but it's annoying.

Yes Cutty that's one problem I've been having I know that in the last three or four weeks the tower in the Bedford Hills/Katonah area has had some problems, but yesterday and today at home (in Lake

Carmel) When I would attempt to contact someone via Direct Connect, I would get the first "User not available" beep then nothing. I don't have a clue what that's all about. I think we all need to complain vigorously to Nextel!

I called NEXTEL about this but they were no help said there was no problems. I think if we could get a lot of people to keep calling maybe they will look into the problem.

Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I get service restricted on my i530 every once in a while. Shutting it off for 5 min and then turing it back on seems to clear the problem.

Put a call into a friend that works for nextel. It may be a problem with a tower up there, no problem in P'ville area it a different tower.

Yup, same shinanigens for me too...

The Croton/Cortlandt area is awful!!

I was sitting in my living room the other day, and my other half was right next to me. We both had "full signal service" but when I keyed her up, I got the notorious "User not reachable A5" message. This went on for nearly a whole week calling people and with my incoming calls.

If Nextel is reading this - "DO SOMETHING - YOUR SERVICE IS SUB-PAR AT BEST!"

I have an older i1000 and it regularly has problems with signal. I can stand totally still and have a full signal one second and then only one bar the next.....probably a phone issue more than reception but it's annoying.

Hate to say it, but I have a newer phone with the same issue. I think it's the service, not the hardware.

Yes thats the code..."A5" Not Reachable. This still happens to me about 3-4 times a week. :roll:

I just sent an e-mail to Nextel Customer Service about these problems. I stated that many Public Safety Personnel Use Nextel DC extensively and are VERY unhappy with these problems, so let's see what happens next LOL

i am haveing problems too..... i am in the middle of a conversation and all of a sudden i get cut off and it beeps. Its gets me real pissed off... hopefully nextel can do sumthing about it.

i am haveing problems too..... i am in the middle of a conversation and all of a sudden i get cut off and it beeps.  Its gets me real pissed off... hopefully nextel can do sumthing about it.

Yea Mike, I get that too as well as Service Restricted and a whole bunch of other crap. I think we should all send e-mails and phone calls to complain vigorously to them!

WOW....i haven't been online in a few days, but i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one experiencing Nextel problems! My friends tell me they've tried to key me up, but they get "user not available" or some other message, which is crap lol! One of my buddies had to come to my house because he couldn't get me on the 2-way, and he tried again in front of me (with my phone on my hand) and still no go! Like some of you have said, i'll be mid-conversation on the 2-way and i get cut-off...soo aggravating! I've come close to throwing my phone out the window a few times now lol! My regular phone service has been messed up too lately. People try and call and can't get through or it goes straight to voice-mail. I'll also call-out and it will say "connected" on the screen without me even hearing it ring or hearing anyone on the other end! It definately sucks, anyone have any info on what the problem is???

I'll also call-out and it will say "connected" on the screen without me even hearing it ring or hearing anyone on the other end!

I get this problem too. im starting to hate nextel. to many problems. but it is so convenient.... #-o

I have been having these issue as well. Cannot raise certain people, get cut off in the middle of DC's, phone doesnt ring or alert when I get a call, etc.

I really hate Nextel. I could be really saving a lot of money if I went with a company that has better plans, such as Cingular wireless. The only reason why I have, and stay with, Nextel, is because the Direct Connect is so convient and, IMO, a neccesary part of being in this business. It makes coomnicating so much easier and efficient. Otherwise, Nextel would be dumped in an instant.

Nextel is still very expensive $$$.

They lead customers to believe that the bigger they get the Better service (Coverage) we will have.

Here we are ,,with the same poor conditions! NEXTEL needs to be more reliable.I also would make the switch if it wasn't for Direct connect.

Oh, I forget, Customer service and billing via their 1800 number is absolutely awful.

Yes !! if you call from the NEXTEL it disconnects you ,,Bad signal.

Nextel is the WORST. The bigger Nextel gets the worse they get. What's the point of carrying a phone and worse yet paying for a service that doesn't work.

:-({|= is all you get from Nextel Customer Service

I dumped them and went with Verizon.

i would dump them too but I love my Direct Connects!

"USER NOT REACHABLE A5"

I get that a lot when trying to DC or I am told by friends they try to call me and my phone is off. It's not off just horrible service! I call Nextel and get the run around...

One day last week I could not make or receive any calls for a good

4 hours. I would dial a number and it would say "redialing" and NOTHING!

PS Dialing 911 also didn't work NICE!

OK EMTBRAVO NEXTEL USERS IT'S TIME WE LIGHT A FIRE!

TODAY, 11/17 AT 0801 HRS I HAD A LENGTHY CONVERSATION WITH A USELESS AND RUDE NEXTEL "CUSTOMER SERVICE REP"

HERE IS THE DEAL... A NEXTEL TOWER IN ARDSLEY, NY AND BRENTWOOD, NY (LI) ARE DOWN. THEY HAVE BEEN FOR A WHILE.

AS PER NEXTEL "WE ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND ATTEMPTING TO TROUBLE SHOOT" IN OTHER WORDS THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM.

PROBLEMS: NO SERVICE, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, ETC...

SO WE ALL NEED TO TURN UP THE HEAT BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF

BEING J/O BY "CUSTOMER SERVICE" THEY HAVE ALL OF US BY THE .....!!!!

GET OUT YOUR PEN AND PAPER NOW!

WILLIAM E. CONWAY, JR.

CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD

TIMOTHY M. DONAHUE

PRESIDENT & CEO

MORGAN E. O'BRIEN

VICE CHAIRMAN

TOM KELLY

EXECUTIVE VP & COO

PAUL SALEH

EXECUTIVE VP & CFO

CORPORATE OFFICE CONTACT:

NEXTEL COMMUNICATIONS

2001 EDMUND HALLEY DRIVE

RESTON, VA 20191

PHONE: (703) 433-4000

NEXTEL.DONE! :---)

i GET THE connected message, but hear nopthing on my regular phone often. more often lately. I am also getting the A5 note. It sucks, but The DC is so convenient for me.

I haven't noticed any problems, but then again, I can go all day without needing to DC until evening..

I also hate my phone, and a replacement is so damned expensive.. I coughed up $150 each for two i90s for myself and my wife, and they are crap. I want the new i730, i830 or i860, but they are too damned expensive. Unfortunately, like many, I'm too enamoured with the direct connect feature.. I couldn't see doing without.. unfortunately they are the only game in town.. Oh, and did I mention I pay $150 a month for both phones.. (yeah, I know I need to reevaluate my plans)

one of my co workers called them and bitched them out, got an i860 (the camera phone model I think) for $130