Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Snow Stand-by's...What's to do?

30 posts in this topic

today and tonight i put primary and secondary crews on a snow stand-by in quarters. besides the typical tv, DVD's, pool, cards; does anybody do anything so over the top on their stand-by's?

...past years we've had snowball fights that've really gotten crazy, but thats it from me.

today and tonight i put primary and secondary crews on a snow stand-by in quarters. besides the typical tv, DVD's, pool, cards; does anybody do anything so over the top on their stand-by's?

...past years we've had snowball fights that've really gotten crazy, but thats it from me.

A few years back when I was a volly we had that big snowstorm on Christmas night and we ended up playing a big game of tackle football behind the firehouse. Good times, I dont know how much snow you guys are getting though. Down here on the island it just a dusting and a little ice.

I would definitly keep it "fun". It's hard enough to get people down there, stay away from training and "work".

I would definitly keep it "fun". It's hard enough to get people down there, stay away from training and "work".

thats the idea...

i brought about 20 movies from home and my Simpsons DVD collection (i love that show!), so we can have a nice selection, and all crew members are entitled to breakfast/lunch/dinner on the vac

just trying to see if there are any cool ideas out there, but i don't think we'll be playin football!

well since 8am we've clean the place up and down and put the chians on the all 4 trucks and washed them all and now we got xbox360 call of duty 4 goin right now and rescue me season 2 on the other tv in the other room and so afar its been an interesting day with air soft wars goin on so its a fun day

Cant wait to get Call of Duty 4, providing I get my ps3 for xmas! Looks SICK! Sorry to get off the subject

Cant wait to get Call of Duty 4, providing I get my ps3 for xmas! Looks SICK! Sorry to get off the subject

Best game I've ever played...too bad my roommate took his 360 home

It is the best FPS I have ever played, its like video crack

thats the idea...

i brought about 20 movies from home and my Simpsons DVD collection (i love that show!), so we can have a nice selection, and all crew members are entitled to breakfast/lunch/dinner on the vac

just trying to see if there are any cool ideas out there, but i don't think we'll be playin football!

Buying meals, I'm in, just send em to the Radio Room c/o MFY!

I used to enjoy stand by's, now I get paid so I like it even more!

Yeah they are fun until someone hogs the couches and you get stuck trying to decide between sleeping on the floor of the engine or on the stretcher in the ambulance.

Here's a good prank: wait till one person is asleep, go grab some snow and stuff it down their shirt or pants! Did that to my brother shoveling and it was funny as hell.

Mike

i remember hearing a story of someone who rigged the water hose to spray a mist over someone elses car so when it came time to go, there was a nice coat of ice covering his car. the guy had to chip his way into the car and then pull it into the bay to defrost his car

i remember hearing a story of someone who rigged the water hose to spray a mist over someone elses car so when it came time to go, there was a nice coat of ice covering his car. the guy had to chip his way into the car and then pull it into the bay to defrost his car

One word: Harassment!

It is better if you use D50!

Usually if there's over 2 inches or so, we'll go out and "stokes-ride" down the hill next to the firehouse. We've also been known to "test" the smoke machine inside apparatus room. :P

X-BOX, X-BOX, X-BOX...

Maybe some PS2 as well.

Back in my vollie days, we used to get a boatload of food and have marathon X-Box Madden tournaments. Those were the days...Belltown used to put on a heck of a spread for the standby crews, and I have no reason to think that they do it any differently today...

Joe C.

]

just hangin around the firehouse, had 2 amb. runs & watching movies stay safe everybody

besides the typical tv, DVD's, pool, cards; does anybody do anything so over the top on their stand-by's?

Apparently, it comes down to this...

Cruising EMTBravo! :lol:

Actually, we DO. do a LOT of xBox.

It seems that the more bored a fireman gets, the more dangerous the environment becomes.

LOL

Enjoy the storm. I personally like the storms better when I can enjoy them from the front of my fireplace rather than the front seat of Engine 3.

Keep it in the barn tonight folks...unless its WORK.

JVC

There's always the bozo bop bag.

post-6846-1197641585.jpg

Punching the clown is a great way to kill time during those long station standbys.

There's always the bozo bop bag.

post-6846-1197641585.jpg

Punching the clown is a great way to kill time during those long station standbys.

Put a suit on it and call him a politician! :P

Mike

How about building a snow firefighter (a snowman with a bunker coat and a helmet on).

Edited by pcfdrfd700

we just had one accident so we built a igloo...felt like kid fireman lol hopefully this ice dosent get to bad or its back at the firehouse tommorow....its already a big sheet of ice DRIVE CAREFULLY

im not sure about the firehouse, but if its an ems agency as well:

2 stair chairs + 2 long board splints = 21st century jousting!!!

im not sure about the firehouse, but if its an ems agency as well:

2 stair chairs + 2 long board splints = 21st century jousting!!!

nice! i just might take that idea!

or better yet, a longboard, and a spyder strap= cheap sled, equipped with a seatbelt!

Edited by EFFP411

play PS2, watch Emergency Season 1-3, TV, and sell trees

we were on stand-by last night...again

im not at all big on video games, but last night this kid brought over guitar hero. we started playin it at 11:30p and ended at around 4am and had a friggin blast playin that thing.

then we messed around w/ some people when they were sleepin! ...than i fell asleep and they messed around w/ me

it overall was a good stand-by

just make sure you don't fall asleep on something that can be lifted and taken outside. just some advice from experience

SLEEP !!!!!