Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WHarley3

New Firehouse For FDNY Rescue 3?

15 posts in this topic

That's what is sounds like to me by reading that. Good for them they need it.

And as an extra added bonus, the two buildings they now occupy will probably not be torn down. Most of, if not all of the alarm box feeder cables run through that house. Used to be the Bronx CO at one time, and the former quarters of E-46/L-27 and the Bronx Electricians.

give the kid a break. He was right. The city has for far too long been neglecting the houses. They wait for them to fall apart, condemn them and then move the guys out.

Rescue 3 is going to be squeezed in EMS Sta 18's parking lot. The vacant lot next door is in the process of being obtained to become a parking lot for the two facilities.

I guess I'll have to have my buddy take me on a tour of the old quarters sometime soon before its OOS.

Huh, Fire and EMS together on the Same property, Imagine That?????

Congratulations and I can't wait to see it, once it is built...what 2020?

Congratulaions to all rescue 3 members and good luck with your new facility in the future.

E-168 is Staten Island has a house that cant be more than 5 years old, and they are in with EMS batt.23. Theres a double house in far rockaway, i think E-266/TL-121 and a chief that has a brand new house, and they are also in with EMS.

E-201 is relocated to the former E-278s firehouse, while there firehouse has been torn down, to build a new one for 201, TL-114 and mabe the 40 batt.

And the House of Pain is 277/112

E-168 is Staten Island has a house that cant be more than 5 years old, and they are in with EMS batt.23. Theres a double house in far rockaway, i think E-266/TL-121 and a chief that has a brand new house, and they are also in with EMS.

E-201 is relocated to the former E-278s firehouse, while there firehouse has been torn down, to build a new one for 201, TL-114 and mabe the 40 batt.

And the House of Pain is 277/112

you are correct with the Rockaway house EMS and E-265 TL-121 and the 47 Batt moved into that house with EMS batt 47.

Who said FDNY took over EMS..................EMS took over FDNY..............

I recently visited their house, it wasn't great, but it wasn't the worst I have seen. Anyway, I wish them the best and hope that operating in the same station as EMS won't be too much of an issue.

Engine 75/TL-33 in the Bronx has a relatively new firehouse, it opened in 2000 according to their web-site.

Nope, that's how it looked when it opened. There were a whole batch of houses built in the late 60's/early 70's.

Edited by JBE

I was down at Station 18 the other day picking up my partner and they have pretty much the whole parking lot fenced off and have broken ground. EMS had a nice parking situation going before the construction, now they are all on the street. I wonder what the parking is going to be like once it is built.

Obsolete quarters????? With NYC, unless the building's condemned, you're not getting a new firehouse anytime soon. Besides, isn't that why they spec their apparatus so high and so wide and so long? So the damn thing can fit in the firehouse?

Mike

But hey... One mans condemned firehouse is another man brand new EMS station... ie my station 19 (E75/L33)

JBJ

I recently visited their house, it wasn't great, but it wasn't the worst I have seen. Anyway, I wish them the best and hope that operating in the same station as EMS won't be too much of an issue.

I think they are sharing property, not the building itself. Either way, it doesn't make too much of a difference as EMS is on the road all day.

Also, there are many similar firehouses throughout the city, but they are not obsolete. Many could use a little TLC, but they are great buildings with a lot of history. The trouble with R3, so I hear, is that they have special needs as a SOC Company. They have several rigs and need to store a lot of extra equiptment.

Edited by M' Ave

Separate buildings same property. I get along great with the fire companies, but truth is EMS and fire in NYC are two different jobs with two different personalities. Even though we're suppose to be out on the road all tour we're in and out of our stations constantly and when things are good and the troops are happy we spend a lot of time in the station before and after our tours.