Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DOC22

EMS Instructor Ray Thompson has passed away 12/24/07

32 posts in this topic

It is with heavy heart, that I announce the passing of one of the best instructors I have had the honor of working with. Our awesome EMS Instructor, Ray Thompson, passed away on the morning of 12/24/2007. Ray was a great Instructor and all around great guy. He will be sorely missed. As soon as I foin out about funeral and wake arrandements, I will post them.

It is with heavy heart, that I announce the passing of one of the best instructors I have had the honor of working with. Our awesome EMS Instructor, Ray Thompson, passed away on the morning of 12/24/2007. Ray was a great Instructor and all around great guy. He will be sorely missed. As soon as I foin out about funeral and wake arrandements, I will post them.

A dedicated professional and family man, a leading inspiration for EMS in Westchester.

DC2T

he was the best he was my emt instructor in the 90's rip ray

I feel a sad heart this Holiday with the passing of Ray - he was a great instructor as well as being a wonderful person. He will be missed by all in the EMS family as well as the fire family.

Rest in peace.....

A sad day for all of us that knew Ray and learned from him.

Condolences to Carol, Tracy, Gene, and his grandchildren.

Jeff.

Edited by Ex-2114

with a sad heart to hear about ray, ray was one of the best emt-instructors i ever had !!!!.

may he rest in peace. when will the wake be ??. :(

My Codolences to Ray's entire family. He was a Great man and will be sorely missed!!

God Bless Carol Thompson and her family. Ray was a great fire chief and excellent ems instructor. He will be sorely missed.

Lets all try and make a heart felt turn out during Rays wake and funeral.

My Codolences to Ray's entire family. He was a Great man and will be sorely missed. A dedicated professional and family man, a leading inspiration for EMS in Westchester

To all that knew him Ray was a great wealth of knowledge. Ray arrangements are as follows Wake will be at Okler & Cox on Thursday and Friday from 2 to 4 and from 7 to 9. The Bedford Fire department will be doing a fire department service at 7:15 on Friday. The funeral mass will be on Saturday at the St Patricks Church in Bedford, at this time the time of the mass is unknown. As a Ex Chief and a very good friend I know Carol,Gene and Tracy would love a great fire department turn out. Hope many can attend.

Ex Chief Andrew Klein

Very sad to hear that a family has to deal with the loss of a loved one around the holidays. My condolences to his family.

Condolences to Ray's family from the YFD. He instructed many of our probies...

Condolences to Carol, Tracy, Gene, and his grandchildren. Ray was a great man also Condolences to the members of the Bedford fire Department.

Lisa

Edited by MKAMB101

I took my very 1st EMT class with Ray Thompson at Northern Westchester Hospital in 1992.

I also recerted with him many times. He was a great Instructor.

He trained A LOT of EMS, Police, and Fire in Westchester County.

Carol, Tracy, Gene, and the whole family you are in my thoughts.

God bless you Ray

RIP!

Rest in Peace. Prayers and condolences to his family.

Ray was a major part of EMS in our area for many, many years and it is a very sad day for all who knew him or were touched by his teaching.

RIP and condolences to his family!

My condolences to the Thompson family. Ray was my original EMT instructor in 1979. He had a great impact on the entire Westchester County emergency services. Rest in peace, Ray.

RIP Ray. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ray was a great man and instructor. He was my instuctor for my original class in 1997 at the Radio Circle Annex. As we all know he didn't realy allow absences but when I told him I needed a night off to be sworn in to Pelham FD he made an exception and he even told me not to worry about coming up after the fact. It hurt me to have lost contact over the years and that I never got a chance to tell him when I got hired by New Rochelle. He always love to hear when his students did well. My condolenses to his family and friends. He shall be missed.

Mickey Melillo

Mamaroneck EMS - Larchmont VAC

Pelham FD - New Rochelle FD

Ray was the first EMT I saw in action in 1981. Up until then I thought the fire department just tossed patients into the Cadillac and drove fast. 12 years latter he was my instructor for the EMT course at Northern Westchester Hosp. I learned a lot from him both times. Rest in peace Ray.

I hope Ray and his family realize how many lives they touched and how he made The EMTs of Westchester County so much better due to his teaching.

You have answered your final alarm Ray; may you continue to guide us as we remember what you taught.....

My condolences to the Thompson family. Ray was my original EMT instructor in 1992. I will always remember his drive to assist with caring for patients at EMS calls. Prays for Carol , Gene ,Tracy . Bless you - Rest in peace, Ray.

Served Chief of Bedford Fire Department - Raymond Thompson 1985-1989

Tim R

Has anyone found out what the COD was??

do we have address for funeral home ??bedford ?? :(

do we have address for funeral home ??bedford ?? :(

I BELIEVE I READ IT'S ON MAIN STREET IN MT. KISCO.....THE JOURNAL NEWS HAD THE OBIT IN TODAYS PAPER.