Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Photos- 30+year old Westchester Apparatus List

46 posts in this topic

For all of us "old timers" who remember, this list is from back in the day when "County Control" was a small room in the back of "Parkway Police" (County Police) HQ.

With the rotary dial phones and the dictaphone phone recorders.

And you better not forget to hit the outside speaker switch when you left the room. This was so that the Parkway Police officer that was working the teletype could hear if someone was calling County Control on the radio and then he would answer the radio. Fire communications in Westchester HAVE come a long way.

SteveOFD also gave me the Aug 1982 Apparatus Plate assignment for Westchester County.

I believe HAP602 may have made this list.

It includes the "County Cars" (way before Battalions) from 1982. Can you name some of them ?

Protection From The Past TRIVIA: How many coordianator names (deputy ,asst.Dispatcher )60- control cars can you name from 1982?

I will post photos of this 80's list also. Enjoy !

Car 2002....Ainsworth

Car 2003....Whalen

Car 2004....Ray Rush

Car 2007....Murphy

Walter Studwell was originally Car 2005 prior to being reassigned to Car 2001

Stay tuned for August 1982 list ...... will be shown.

The 1980's list gives the reserve apparatus as well as spare.

More to follow this week. Thanks

Protection From the Past - Welcomes information from all !

Please contact if you have something to share. EMTBravo

PHOTO Fairview Telesquirt 1 operates at the Tastee Freeze -Hillside Av & RT 119 in the 1980's

post-23-1200884143.jpg

2003 = Willys Goodrow, then later Richard Gallagher

With the rotary dial phones and the dictaphone phone recorders.

And you better not forget to hit the outside speaker switch when you left the room. This was so that the Parkway Police officer that was working the teletype could hear if someone was calling County Control on the radio and then he would answer the radio. Fire communications in Westchester HAVE come a long way.

WH9-8883 and WH9-8884

...and the apparatus tags that were hung off the wall behind you.

WH9-8883 and WH9-8884

...and the apparatus tags that were hung off the wall behind you.

If you leaned the chair back to far you would get an interesting pattern to the back of your head.

Out of curiosity who was Glenville, listed as Dept. 213. I have never seen their name mentioned anywhere before?

Out of curiosity who was Glenville, listed as Dept. 213. I have never seen their name mentioned anywhere before?

I don't know much about them, but I from what I have heard they were located on Spring Street off of Benedict Avenue in Tarrytown. Maybe one of the Tarrytown/Elmsford guys might know more.

Ok, so even having been around the department for quite a while I never realized we had and engine 195 and no ladder 25 at any point

Glenville Fire District is part of the Town of Greenburgh, and for the most part has a Tarrytown mailing address I believe. I believe it pretty much covers Benedict Ave from Rt 119 up to Hackley School and Rt 119 from Dunnings Dr up to the Tarrytown border. The Glenville fire house is still on Spring St off of Benedict Ave. I've heard that Glenville still houses their antinque there, but I'm not sure. Tarrytown FD covers the Glenville Fire District. I remember 2 or 3 years ago, prior to being a member of the Tarrytown FD, there was a brush fire behind the then Bayer property at which I believe 4 Tarrytown companies and I believe 1 Elmsford company worked at.

Question for everyone else: Does a "Pat" designation stand for patrol? And if so, weren't patrols later redesignated to rescues?

Can I see the Tarrytown FD listing please?

Thanks guys

Why Did the Apparatus Number change Like Yorktown had All of Verplanck Numbers now and I Believe Yorktown has Verplanck E 172 and E173 I know the Ambulance 8 got switch to 83B1 which some of the older member still cant figure that out.

COOL LIST!

Very interesting to see how Engine 134 has made it's way around

the county over the years....

E134 has been in:

-Somers

-Mohegan

-Peekskill

COOL LIST!

Very interesting to see how Engine 134 has made it's way around

the county over the years....

E134 has been in:

-Somers

-Mohegan

-Peekskill

Not only that, And now, it''s a Rescue!

City of Rye FD Apparatus Numbers

E 52 - 1937 SEAGRAVE PUMP

E 53 - 1950 WARD LAFRANCE PUMP

E 138 - 1947 MACK PUMP (Little Mack)

L 25 - 1929 SEAGRAVE AERIAL

L 26 - 1955 MAXIM AERIAL

P 3 - 1948 DODGE PATROL

DECEMBER 8 1962 Change to current numbers

Do you have the List for Mamaroneck Village, Town, and Larchmont?

Glenville Fire District is part of the Town of Greenburgh, and for the most part has a Tarrytown mailing address I believe. I believe it pretty much covers Benedict Ave from Rt 119 up to Hackley School and Rt 119 from Dunnings Dr up to the Tarrytown border. The Glenville fire house is still on Spring St off of Benedict Ave. I've heard that Glenville still houses their antinque there, but I'm not sure. Tarrytown FD covers the Glenville Fire District. I remember 2 or 3 years ago, prior to being a member of the Tarrytown FD, there was a brush fire behind the then Bayer property at which I believe 4 Tarrytown companies and I believe 1 Elmsford company worked at.

Question for everyone else: Does a "Pat" designation stand for patrol? And if so, weren't patrols later redesignated to rescues?

Can I see the Tarrytown FD listing please?

Thanks guys

Some became rescues and some utiliies. PCFD Patrol 4 Now Rescue 40, Rye Patrol 3 Now Utility 39. IT all depended what the vehicle carried and used for. Hope this helps.