Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bottle smashes into Yonkers police cruiser

13 posts in this topic

Lookout above! I remember a friend telling me this used to be a problem at Schroeder St. Housing Projects in the 1980's....I hope this doesn't become a "fad" again.

Bottle smashes into Yonkers police cruiser

Will David • The Journal News • January 23, 2008

YONKERS - Yonkers police today are trying to find out who threw a glass bottle at a police cruiser on a school bus safety detail where a 9-year-old had been hit by a car.

The bottle damaged the cruiser's passenger side roof, but the officers were not injured during the 2:49 p.m. incident yesterday in front of 85 Riverdale Ave.

The officers believe that the bottle was thrown from one of the large apartment buildings along Riverdale.

FULL STORY: http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...EWS02/801230410

The bottle was thrown from the notorious Buena Vista Condo's building. This encompasses 47, 85, 95 Riverdale, 34 Prospect, 50, 70, 90 Hawthorne, as well as numerous courtyard apts with their own addresses. Some of us gave this place the nickname "Maze Projects", although not a true "PROJECT". Once inside, certain elevators only go to certain floors, most apartments are duplex's and garbage!, and all of the building are connected on the inside...really confusing. This location was the same as the recent homicide of the Emerald Diner delivery guy and is known to house a number of violent offenders including one that recently threatened to shoot any cop and then fled from the YPD the other day and disappeared inside the premise...not hard to be Houdini in there if you live there and know people...

This place needs to be cleaned up more than anywhere else in Yonkers right now...yet the tenants are fighting a raise in rent which may "weed" out some of the more unwanteds than we know right now!

Man...I remember an Officer from YFD giving a probie the business about going into Sloboms without his lid!

I've heard lots of people call it the "Habitrail"... named after some sort of hampster maze product. I think it describes it well.

I've heard lots of people call it the "Habitrail"... named after some sort of hampster maze product. I think it describes it well.

I beleive the Habittrail is the wooded are between there and Schroder Street, along the creek????Been a long time...

We transported a 9 year old from YGH to WCMC who got shot in the chest after he and some buddies found a handgun in that creek....

I beleive the Habittrail is the wooded are between there and Schroder Street, along the creek????Been a long time...

We transported a 9 year old from YGH to WCMC who got shot in the chest after he and some buddies found a handgun in that creek....

I thought a gun seized up after it was underwater? Or does that only happen when FIRED underwater?

Mike

I thought a gun seized up after it was underwater? Or does that only happen when FIRED underwater?

Mike

I'm a bow & arrow Pro....don't know squat about guns though...sorry :(

I'm a bow & arrow Pro....don't know squat about guns though...sorry :(

It's alright x129k, maybe someone else knows.

Mike

Mike

Depends on the type of gun. I know Glocks can fire after being submerged, and I imagine others can as well.

We were calling it the "Habittrails" back in the mid '90s. Not only did the elevators not stop on every floor but once you found the appartment you were confronted with a flight of steps just inside the front door.

X129, didn't you get a bottle launched at your ambulance outside that place?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitrail

We were calling it the "Habittrails" back in the mid '90s. Not only did the elevators not stop on every floor but once you found the appartment you were confronted with a flight of steps just inside the front door.

Wasn't me - I had the firecrackers thrown into the cab as I was driving through Ghetto Square :blink:

We used to call the buildings on Riverdale av Habittrails they were all Connected by Hallways, all the Apt from floor 4 & up had stairs cases in them you need a stretcher & a stair chair to get the pt out

Edited by fac911

Those buildings on Riverdale may end up converted to market rate( or even higher) priced housing when their state financed mortgages are paid off very, very soon. This has already occured in NYC with several structures under the Mitchell Lama program. The ones are Riverdale were built under the state Section 278 program with the same state financed mortgages.

Any old timers remember the Ed Agramonte gun store that was formerly located on Riverdale at the site of those projects??

Seems like yesterday!!!

Congratulations to Truck 4 on his promotion, remember to swing through 101 sector please.

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital