Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPAGE

Bogota NJ 2 new engines

19 posts in this topic

Bogota NJ in Bergen Co. will be placing 2 new engines in service shortly they will serve as Engine 1 and Engine 3.

Photo's from the Bogota FD web site.

post-1209-1201737113.jpg

Nice!

I must say, square headlights make the Velocity look about 50 times better... amazing how such a small change can make such a difference! Congrats to Bogota and best of luck to them and their new engines.

I must say, square headlights make the Velocity look about 50 times better... amazing how such a small change can make such a difference! Congrats to Bogota and best of luck to them and their new engines.

I totally agree with you. It almost looks like a totally different truck from the original design.

Nice trucks. Good luck with them.

Sharp looking Engines!!! Good luck!! May they serve the Bogota FD well for a good long time!

Getting rid of those rediculous school bus mirrors helps too.

Getting rid of those rediculous school bus mirrors helps too.

I do agree. Getting rid of those "alienlike" mirrors and the "retro" round headlights makes the transition to the new Velocity and Impel from the Dash and Lance a little less drastic.

both nice looking best of luck with them both I will miss the 2 replaced units

I'm sure the engines are well thought out which is the number one priority, but it will take time to adjust to Engine 3 in a red paint scheme. The white scheme of the former engines was classic.

I believe those are impel not velocity chassis

They look far too nice and heavily, heavily custom to be Impels.... its possible, but these look like two seriously top of the line pieces of apparatus.

They may very well be Impels. Does not appear to be any chrome bezels around the headlights (tell-tale sign). Still very nice looking rigs.

Any idea when the wetdown is? I'm hearing two different dates.....and I hope it's not the second one!

the wetdown is June 14th.

That's what I was afraid of. Oh well.....hopefully at least one of 'em will make the trip to Photo Night. Three other things going on that day (6/14), don't know if it'll be possible to get them all.