Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

Special Weather Statement- 2/29/08

15 posts in this topic

Ummmm Takeing bet's on who's getting what. Let's see how many time's 60-Control page's me out to I-95 for some MVA's

So I'm takeing bet's, how many for each village.

Larchmont

Harrison

Mamaroneck

portchester

rye

hawthorne

vallhala

oh here's a good one Armonk, last time I heard them they said, and I quote "I-684 is a sheet of ICE I passed atlest 10 accidents no injuries, Can I have a sander please."

Winner get's a cookie!!!

Special Weather Statement

SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN- SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-ESSEX-HUDSON-UNION-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER- NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)- BRONX-RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)- KINGS (BROOKLYN)-QUEENS-NASSAU-NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- 403 PM EST FRI FEB 29 2008

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP THIS EVENING AS A STORM SYSTEM MOVES THROUGH THE AREA. LIGHT SNOW WILL BEGIN TO FALL ACROSS NORTHERN NEW JERSEY AND THE NEW YORK METRO AREA BETWEEN 6 PM AND 8 PM...AND SPREAD EAST ACROSS COASTAL CONNECTICUT AND LONG ISLAND THROUGH 10 PM. WITH TEMPERATURES AT OR BELOW FREEZING ACROSS THE REGION...SNOW WILL STICK TO ROADWAYS AND LIKELY RESULT IN HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.

WARMER AIR IS EXPECTED TO WORK ITS WAY ACROSS THE REGION FROM SOUTH TO NORTH TONIGHT...ALLOWING THE SNOW TO MIX WITH AND CHANGE TO RAIN. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION BEFORE CHANGEOVER WILL BE 1 TO 2 INCHES...WITH UP TO 3 INCHES POSSIBLE NORTH OF NEW YORK CITY AND AWAY FROM THE CONNECTICUT COAST.

THOSE TRAVELING TONIGHT SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROAD CONDITIONS AND REDUCED VISIBILITIES DUE TO SNOW. ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR TRAVEL...AND KEEP UPDATED ON LATEST FORECASTS FOR THIS STORM.

We heard 5-10 Inches up here by me, which means I will be plowing for the next 24-36 hours...SIGH...I cant wait untill I dont have to plow any more!!

I actually USED to like the snow...

Stay Safe tonight everyone, drive safely and get home safe.

Moose

Well as usual the Weather People can't get it right. They said it was supposed to start between 1700-1900hrs. I would rather it start early and get called in for OT then to go in on straight time and deal the morons still out driving. Oh well. I love driving in the snow.

I95 doesn't go through Hawthorne and Valhalla.

It's beginning in Ossining. It will start in Mt Pleasant at 23:01 :P

I'll take Mohegan Lake and Yorktown for most MVA'S Taconic State Parkway

I will say one or two for Rye.

I95 doesn't go through Hawthorne and Valhalla.

for some people it does...than again, that's kinda the problem!

for some people it does...than again, that's kinda the problem!

I dont get it :unsure:

I dont get it :unsure:

lol just how some people drive through town roads and parkways as if they're on 95

lol just how some people drive through town roads and parkways as if they're on 95

ahhh ok don't mind me Im a little slow today! Long day.

ahhh ok don't mind me Im a little slow today! Long day.

no prob, just let me know where to send the bill for my services!

As of now, the Hutch sux, the Sprain sux and the local roads suck....Be Safe Everyone!!

2nd time in a row these weathermen have been right....scary!