Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdny2003

Any Idea What's going on at Fox Lane School 3-6-08?

22 posts in this topic

So far I've heard Bedford toned out to assist police, I just heard Bedford Hills toned out for an engine mutual aid, Bedford EMS to go to Foxlane High School, and Batallion 16 just got toned out...does anybody know whats going on?

Been monitoring 46.26...

Bedford FD Toned out to stand by in quarters for police assist.

Bedford Hills FD Toned out 1 Engine to Baldwin Rd and Rt172 to close the road.

Bedford EMS Toned out to Fox Lane School for a standby

Anyone know what this may be about?

From the school's website:

The Bedford Central School District has ordered the evacuation of the Fox Lane Middle School and the High School after a threatening graffiti message was found at the high school.

The safety and security of the students and staff is our primary concern. As a result, students will be placed on busses and kept safe and warm. At this time, parents will not be allowed on campus to pick up their children.

We will keep you informed when any new information comes to us.

Does anyone know what the message said?

Maybe Greeley is finally showing fox lane who's boss... ;)

fianaly showing whos boss?!?!? greeley beat fozlane al the time untill my class graduated in 03'

Any updates on situation over there?

Must say as I recall when I was there in the 70's Greeley schooled us in football, we maid them our bitches in soccer though.........ahhh a walk down memory lane, cant forget my girls from JFK lol......they are all old and tired now I bet....

Must say as I recall when I was there in the 70's Greeley schooled us in football, we maid them our bitches in soccer though.........ahhh a walk down memory lane, cant forget my girls from JFK lol......they are all old and tired now I bet....

Ah Tony, you gave yourself away. Your dad was an ex-chief in Bedford Hills.

Good grab!!! yes he was......thats how I got into this crazy obsession......BTW BHFD equipment rocks!......T

Good grab!!! yes he was......thats how I got into this crazy obsession......BTW BHFD equipment rocks!......T

Tony, check your PM.

Been monitoring 46.26...

Bedford FD Toned out to stand by in quarters for police assist.

Bedford Hills FD Toned out 1 Engine to Baldwin Rd and Rt172 to close the road.

Bedford EMS Toned out to Fox Lane School for a standby

Anyone know what this may be about?

Yeah, it's about juvenile delinquents thinking they can get out of school for the day by putting vague threats on the wall!

They should extend school one day for every HOUR that schools are disrupted by this stupidity! And the school districts need to get their heads together and figure out a good strategy to deal with the miscreants causing all this trouble!

/rant]

While we're on the topic. Mamaroneck High School has had their 4th consecutive evacuation today from school. Supposedly it was a similar threatening message. People are calling it a "bomb scare" but I dont know what they have specifically said. The middle school was also evacuated today for the same reason.

Yeah, it's about juvenile delinquents thinking they can get out of school for the day by putting vague threats on the wall!

They should extend school one day for every HOUR that schools are disrupted by this stupidity! And the school districts need to get their heads together and figure out a good strategy to deal with the miscreants causing all this trouble!

/rant]

In a way I agree with you Chris. If they extend the school year by a full day or a day and a half for each incident maybe the kids will think twice. Or better when everyone suffers they will turn in the person.

These kids are getting out of control, my co-worker said that they should leave the kids outside in the elements while they search...you wouldn't see a scare happen again haha. But I know that wouldn't go well with all the liability issues these days.

And by the way, I belive Fox Lane owned Greely in the late 80's, especially in 1987, FL 42 HG 12

We finished what the 79' class couldn't.:lol:

While we're on the topic. Mamaroneck High School has had their 4th consecutive evacuation today from school. Supposedly it was a similar threatening message. People are calling it a "bomb scare" but I dont know what they have specifically said. The middle school was also evacuated today for the same reason.

Totally ridiculous! Mamaroneck ought to close for the rest of the year and tell parents that all the kids will have to repeat the year because of this nonsense. That would probably get the parents involved and put some peer pressure on the kids who think it is "just a funny prank" to give up the morons who are doing it. Imagine if all the parents who use school as day care had to deal with their little monsters all week!

/rant]

Or worse think if it could be a person with a serious issue and is waiting for the school to take the bluff a few times then do something terrible. Given all the incidents that have gone on in colleges in the past year, it is possible for something like that to happen at a high school.

Perhaps a few days of R+R are in order in a cozy facility encompassed by steel and concrete complete with bright orange clothes where you get to share a shower and toilet with other disgruntled, frustrated individuals and experience quisine at it's best.

This was the third time this year that this type of incident has occured.

Ya get the idea that somone has figured out this is a pretty surefire way of getting out of doing hw?

few bad apples spoil it for the kids that want to learn

Totally ridiculous! Mamaroneck ought to close for the rest of the year and tell parents that all the kids will have to repeat the year because of this nonsense. That would probably get the parents involved and put some peer pressure on the kids who think it is "just a funny prank" to give up the morons who are doing it. Imagine if all the parents who use school as day care had to deal with their little monsters all week!

/rant]

Chris, you are absolutley right. Why do you think some kids have such great attendance records? I teach down in the city and it shouldn't say "teacher" on my occupation title, sometimes i feel like a "Professional Babysitter"