Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turk182

Man arrested for forging an Emergency Medical Technician license

11 posts in this topic

NEW FAIRFIELD -- A New Fairfield man who went on 194 emergency calls with the town's Volunteer Fire Department ambulance service was charged Friday for allegedly forging an Emergency Medical Technician license and using it to get a job with the department's ambulance service

Link to article:

http://www.newstimes.com/latestnews/ci_8493017

I did not know that you had to be MRT minimum to drive, and an EMT to be in the back. Are these state or Dept. requirements?

They did not say in the article, but I am assuming that he forged documents stating that he had the certification.

Nice pick up! I wonder what he must have done to get caught...

Nice pick up! I wonder what he must have done to get caught...

I bet some cop in the sky was able to zoom in and see it with all that high tech spy stuff

I did not know that you had to be MRT minimum to drive, and an EMT to be in the back. Are these state or Dept. requirements?

They did not say in the article, but I am assuming that he forged documents stating that he had the certification.

You don't have to be an MRT to drive, the snooze-times is full of it.

I just saw this story on CT FOX 61. The news said he was a CSP Troop A dispatcher. Since this is a state charge, I wonder if the troopers had to take him into custody.

JVC

Actually to everywhere I've seen in CT, they require you to be at least an MRT to ride somewhere on the rig (driving/etc.) - I had figured it was a state mandate, but maybe just most depts adopt it?

How is it that you can go for that long without someone from your department checking your status? I know we use the states website to keep track of the various different expiration dates, so I would think that at some time the lack of a listing or an expired listing would be a red flag.

I dont know how many calls they get per year, but a little over 30 calls answered per year indicates a low volume. Where & how he forged the documents is more interesting to me now. Smaller agencies often don't check on-line, they look for a copy of it. Sometimes they dont eveninsist on seeing the original.