Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Verplanck's New Engine 128

39 posts in this topic

Photos of Engine 128 at the Buchanan St. Patrick's Day parade on Sunday 3/16/08.

All photos by ONLOCATION.

post-34-1205991266.jpg

post-34-1205991303.jpg

Photo of Engine 128 and 83B1 at the Buchanan St. Patrick's Day parade on Sunday 3/16/08.

post-34-1205991375.jpg

Another awesome Green Rig from Verplanck! Here's to many years of good service!

-Joe DA BUFF

notice the Irish color flag on the truck Orange Basket to white hood to green body lol

Beautiful engine, congratulations Verplanck FD and good luck for many years to come!

Great looking engine, I hope it serves Verplank well for many years...but just one question...the basket on the top of the cab like that, is it easier to get to there or harder? Because it looks like you would have to climb onto the hosebed and walk to the front of the cab to get. Or is it just me.

Great looking engine, I hope it serves Verplank well for many years...but just one question...the basket on the top of the cab like that, is it easier to get to there or harder? Because it looks like you would have to climb onto the hosebed and walk to the front of the cab to get. Or is it just me.

I know of many departments around here that carry stokes baskets like that on the top of their rigs. Now is it easier to get to.....no, but it is a good spot for it because it takes up less space than it would in a compartment. Verplank, very nice rig and good luck with it for the years to come.

Nice rig. Godd luck with it.

Looks sharp! I'd like to see a shot of it with the Bronto, that would make for an awesome photo

Seth

Nice Pics, sharp looking vhicle!!! Good luck hith it!!!

Nice rig. Good luck with it.

Not crazy about the wheel covers, but aside from that, it's a very nice rig. Best of luck to the Verplanck FD with their new addition to the fleet.

Not crazy about the wheel covers, but aside from that, it's a very nice rig. Best of luck to the Verplanck FD with their new addition to the fleet.

Believe me Andy, what's under those wheel covers is a LOT worse!!!!! :P

The Stoke Basket is Easy to get to You dont have to jump over the hose bed there are three side steps on the driver and passanger side near the pump panel that you can use to get up to the Deck gun and to the stoke basket I like it up there because it does not take up to my compartment space. But Thanks to all I hope the trucks gets put to good use Now that it will be doing the work of two Trucks

As this engine is going to replace two rigs, an engine and a rescue, does it have extrication tools pre-connected or will the extrication tools be used with a portable generator?

As this engine is going to replace two rigs, an engine and a rescue, does it have extrication tools pre-connected or iwill the extrication tools be used with a portable generator?

All extricatation tools are connected to the truck in the rear back step compartment

All extricatation tools are connected to the truck in the rear back step compartment

Just to add on here is a picture

post-2846-1206155661.jpg

Believe me Andy, what's under those wheel covers is a LOT worse!!!!! :P

I know, I saw the Spy Shots a while back. Why didn't they just get real Alcoa rims in the first place? Cost issues?

VERY NICE!!!

Best of luck to the Verplanck FD!

:D

Just saw it today for the first time. What a wonderful addition to the Point. The "dry" down was great some corned beef, irish soda bread, beer, and soda. Good Luck Verplanck hope all works out well. look for some pictures soon saw JTcamp with his camera.

just good time in verplanck . Took some good pics will post them soon

As a Member of Verplanck Fire Department I would like to take this time and thank everyone that came down to our dry down. Hope everyone enjoyed themself and had a great time, We did go though alot of Cornbeef. As For the members of Verplanck we were also giving a wonderful treat today with reappearence of our old MACK E-127 as see in prev post. As some of our olders members were able to take it out around the block a few times. What a Treat. I was able to go through the truck and take some really good shot hope to have them up sometime this week under protection from the Past. The owner even said he wants to clean it up and bring it to our upcoming parade in July. It is Amazing to outcome that has come for an old truck to a brand new truck. :rolleyes: but once Again Thank you for coming out and hope you all had a Wonderful time.

As a Member of Verplanck Fire Department I would like to take this time and thank everyone that came down to our dry down. Hope everyone enjoyed themself and had a great time, We did go though alot of Cornbeef. As For the members of Verplanck we were also giving a wonderful treat today with reappearence of our old MACK E-127 as see in prev post. As some of our olders members were able to take it out around the block a few times. What a Treat. I was able to go through the truck and take some really good shot hope to have them up sometime this week under protection from the Past. The owner even said he wants to clean it up and bring it to our upcoming parade in July. It is Amazing to outcome that has come for an old truck to a brand new truck. :rolleyes: but once Again Thank you for coming out and hope you all had a Wonderful time.

when was it

was today or yesterday which ever way you want to look at. At 1:00pm at Verplanck FD.

I'm still gonna miss that Hahn...

Photos of Engine 128 at the Buchanan St. Patrick's Day parade on Sunday 3/16/08.

Is that a front suction or front discharge?