Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Annoying Ads!

47 posts in this topic

Can we PLEASE remove the annoying ad spaces that suddenly popped up here on the forums? There's no need.

They already litter the front page, and now this? I come to read the topics, and now I get forced to look at ads. Not fair. Talk about clutter.

And, what's the donation link for if there are ads?

Can we PLEASE remove the annoying ad spaces that suddenly popped up here on the forums? There's no need.

They already litter the front page, and now this? I come to read the topics, and now I get forced to look at ads. Not fair. Talk about clutter.

Ads don't cover 100% of the expenses for the site(s) run and operated by the EMTBravo Group. If you hate the ads so much, feel free to donate and help to defray the costs so that we don't NEED advertising to keep the site going!

I havent had a single one pop up, get firefox

Right now, Ads are what is keeping the site alive. (and donations!) NoAds = No Site.

If every single member kicked in one dollar, there would be enough revenue from that alone, to operate the site for over two years!

As a FYI: There are different plans kicking around behind the scenes, like paid site subscriptions and other measures, with the intention of providing additional benefits to EMTBravo Members and to generate operating funds.

For now, Members may donate using the link on the Main Portal site, EMTBravo.com

I havent had a single one pop up, get firefox

I don't think he is referring to pop-up ads EMSJunkie. He is referring to the ads for products, other sites, and donations (Ask how to get your ad placed here) type things.

I don't think he is referring to pop-up ads EMSJunkie. He is referring to the ads for products, other sites, and donations (Ask how to get your ad placed here) type things.

gotcha

Are you kidding me? Do you think that running a site like this is free? Who do you think puts hard earned money into keeping it alive so people like you can complain for free? What you really need to do is lay off the attacks. If you don't like the ads and the requests for funds, walk away. Nobody is forcing you to participate.

Thank You.

Right now, Ads are what is keeping the site alive. (and donations!) NoAds = No Site.

If every single member kicked in one dollar, there would be enough revenue from that alone, to operate the site for over two years!

As a FYI: There are different plans kicking around behind the scenes, like paid site subscriptions and other measures, with the intention of providing additional benefits to EMTBravo Members and to generate operating funds.

For now, Members may donate using the link on the Main Portal site, EMTBravo.com

So, let there be no site! The ads are ridiculous enough, and now you're going to ask members to PAY to use the site? I thought that this site didn't make a profit?? I thought it was supposed to be free, and now we're having ads shoved down our throats AND being asked to donate as well? Didn't Seth used to pay for this site entirely himself, something he was proud of at the time? Maybe we should go back to that.....

Didn't Seth used to pay for this site entirely himself, something he was proud of at the time? Maybe we should go back to that.....

Well, from he's told us, he hasn't gotten a paycheck in two months, and is being piledriven and punished by his former employer for his accident/injuries, maybe that has something to do with it. I personally feel THEY should have to pay for the site, but that's a whole seperate story. I really hope this site doesn't go bankrupt like the rumor someone I am told from Putnam County is spreading. I know Seth will get back on his feet. I'm willing to look at a few ads and kick in a few bucks, I enjoy the site and if that's the price I have to pay to keep it online, so be it.

Edited by FF402

So, let there be no site!

WOW, Talk about selfish!

I bet you get bent out of shape waiting for a funeral to pass.

For those individuals who have a problem with ads or supporting the site, You know where the door is.....

So, let there be no site! The ads are ridiculous enough, and now you're going to ask members to PAY to use the site? I thought that this site didn't make a profit?? I thought it was supposed to be free, and now we're having ads shoved down our throats AND being asked to donate as well? Didn't Seth used to pay for this site entirely himself, something he was proud of at the time? Maybe we should go back to that.....

As a moderator, I am privy to info that you aren't. Seth makes no profit on this site. The ads pay for server fees which I know are costly because I run a site that costs several hundreds of dollars per year to keep alive. He is doing his best to keep this site alive and he has humbly asked for some folks to help him out with it. I still cannot believe your ungratefulness toward a few ads that may keep this information source available to all of us. Put your money where your mouth is!

Why should seth pay for the site himself when all of us and you too use the site. If it comes to a paid membership so be it. As far as maybe we should go back to that as you say maybe you should buck up or shut up. Seth has dug in his pocket for 5 years for us maybe it is time to pay him back a little bit.

Hey Seth thanks for all you do............Lets rock some more adds.................

Speaking of donations does anyone know if the PO box mentioned in the topic of emergency donations is still in use so I can send a cash donation in the mail.

Edited by rfdu39

Yes it is, but the PO Box will be shut down in the very near future. (PayPal is preferred)

And Thanks for your support!

I hope not JACK10562, This site rocks!!!!! I wish I Could help out with a donation but I have a baby due next month and its a little tight right now. very soon Seth I'll be helping out very soon.

LONG LIVE THE ADDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP THE ADDS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Money I spend here--is money well spent in my book. If someone disagree's with the ads, or the donation request (WHICH IS NOT MANDATORY) then-- as easy as you found the site--lose it--and don't let the door hit ya on the way out!!!

Seth--thanks for all you do!!!

I have to say, I may not agree with certain aspects of EMTBravo, but that is just a ridiculous statement to make. No one is asking you to be here, no one is forcing you to be here, no one is forcing you to read the content on here, and no one is forcing you to participate in the forums. If you don't like it, then start your own site with your own format. Otherwise quit complaining and enjoy this resource that has been made available to us.

well i understand why the ads are there. It takes money to run this website. well if you don't want the ads then make donation.

I just sent in a donation. keep up the good work guys

if you don't like the ads that keep this site going you don't have to use this site go some where else there is lots of

fireman, police . emt that likes using this site you won't be miss

Well, since you hatethe ads and the thought o any other help to deray the cost of running thois site, perhaps you can donate server space to keep it running. iIf not, then, as otheers have said, if ya don't like the site or the way it's operated, then LEAVE!!!!! Oh, and, have a nice day.

You are like a pack of wolfs... relax the original poster of the thread was stating his displeasure.. NOT A BIG deal , You cant make everyone happy but it is no reason to "attack" like a hungry school of shark.. This is a pleasant site and should be treated that way.

If the site is a business then the Moderator's should lead by example and handle the individual respectfully. You all let this escalate into something that makes a lot of people uncomfortable and it turns into an attack. If the MEMBER is upset with something on the site he belongs to then address the member and not start a re vault or an attack like we just witnessed.

I for one have donated in the past, not recently, but I do feel uncomfortable that I should donate to keep up the sites from all the other branches that were added. Why should I donate to the up keep for those if I only use the original site. Looking from the outside in it seems that the only reason the site is SO big is because of the additional sites. All we hear about is how much money the site cost to run, server issues, bandwidth issues, etc... So why not downsize? Regroup? Catch up? or Charge per year membership and maybe the adds can be downsized..

Just my thoughts....

Edited by LCFD968

You are like a pack of wolfs... relax the original poster of the thread was stating his displeasure.. NOT A BIG deal , You cant make everyone happy but it is no reason to "attack" like a hungry school of shark.. This is a pleasant site and should be treated that way.

If the site is a business then the Moderator's should lead by example and handle the individual respectfully. You all let this escalate into something that makes a lot of people uncomfortable and it turns into an attack. If the MEMBER is upset with something on the site he belongs to then address the member and not start a re vault or an attack like we just witnessed.

I for one have donated in the past, not recently, but I do feel uncomfortable that I should donate to keep up the sites from all the other branches that were added. Why should I donate to the up keep for those if I only use the original site. Looking from the outside in it seems that the only reason the site is SO big is because of the additional sites. All we hear about is how much money the site cost to run, server issues, bandwidth issues, etc... So why not downsize? Regroup? Catch up? or Charge per year membership and maybe the adds can be downsized..

Just my thoughts....

Well, I think that the member in question led the "attack" HE could have and should have worded his complaint btter, or used the PM (to complain in the manner he used).

LCFD968,

I understand what you are saying, but at the same time this site is here to be an informational guidance to those who are looking to get into emergency services and for those that are in emergency services to address situations in each others agency, department, and community. We are here to help everyone out. Remember regardless of what goes on this site and its members are a brother/sister hood when one struggles we all struggle. And Seth does need our help!!! As much as some people don't like the add space it's gotta be on there for a reason, because he needs those adds to help with the expenise of running a site like this. Who knows maybe one day we won't have to worry about this any more, but now we do.

Yes Doc22 You are 100% right but that is in no means a reason to not handle it in a professional manner and let things like this happen..

MoFire We are all "brothers/sisters" and on this site for the same reason, information... And yes the owner of the site needs help to keep it running.

But don't keep expanding and the cost won't rise...

The only way to get that information out is to expand. This site is very popular by people all over the United States. There isn't much to be done but to except the fact that everyone needs everyones help and the only way to do it quick and easy is with the internet.

No matter how many ways you say it, its still here for information. and its being used for that.

Edited by MoFire390

"Expansion" costs nothing but the time it takes to design a few web pages that sit on a server in Texas. That hardly caused a cash crunch. Deleting those "branches" would save NADA.

Seth used to cover the cost difference of what the site took in and the operating expenses out-of-his-own-pocket.

Anyone who has been around here for more than a few months knows that due to circumstances beyond his control, the pockets are now empty.

A paid subscription model is something that is being considered.

Like it or not, Ads and donations are the only things that are keeping this site online.

When these numbers don't add up and the server bills don't get paid, the site goes dark.

I do not and will not start a battle here so please don't take my line of questioning out of context....

Jack10562 are you saying that the cost now was the same as 5 years ago when the site started?

I thought the owner had to upgrade the server to handle everything which in turn cost more money...

Please do not bring his personal life into this because this has nothing to do with it...

Just my thoughts....

And the posters you are telling to relax and refered to as a pack of wolves were simply stating thier displeasure of what the original poster said.

LCFD,

While I take no offense at your post above, I do take exception to your comment about being a pack of wolves. I re-read all the posts and I saw no moderator comments that were "attacks" as you referred to them. The thread-starter posted an ignorant and not-well-thought-out post and he took heat for it, thats all. If someone is going to stir the pot like that and drop a bomb and run, he/she will take a ration of you-know-what for it, it should be expected. No one wishes to be unpleasant. I for one use the site as an information tool for my career, and I have learned a great deal. We don't need the forums cluttered with wining and crying about ads. I won't say anymore on this, I think the original poster knows where we all stand. And, for the record, I did PM the thread starter with friendly advice to tone it back with the ad complaining, and received no response.

Joe