Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

East Fishkill (Dutchess NY) New Rescue 51

54 posts in this topic

The East Fishkill Fire District, in Dutchess County NY, has taken delivery of a new 2008 International/Marion 4x4 Special Operations Rescue Vehicle.

This vehicle features a non-walk-in box, with a 5 person International cab, pump and water tank (capacities I don't remember off hand) pre-connects for hoselines and Hurst tools, and compartments to host a pre-set Stokes with all equipment for FASTeam operation, Cold Water Rescue gear, Extrication equipment and cribbing, and Rope Rescue gear.

This vehicle will also be set up to respond as a first response vehicle to EMS calls, pump-outs, and brush fires. For MVAs, its intention is to eliminate the need to roll a rescue, and a pumper, and handle both in one vehicle.

This vehicle features an all Whelen lighting package, and yes, a REAL Q2B (first new one in the department in 15 years).

As I get more details, I will post them here, if someone doesn't beat me to it! This unit is not in service yet, and is being outfitted with all the tools, and mounts for the tools. No expected in-service date as of yet.

IMG_3772copy.jpg

IMG_3768copy.jpg

CopyofIMG_3767copy.jpg

CopyofIMG_3771copy.jpg

Is the district going to start painting everything black over red? I know 67 was, but none of the other newer engines had that scheme. Also, are you going to stop rotating the rescue with 2? Aaaand I thought St. 1 was out of bay room.

Is the district going to start painting everything black over red? I know 67 was, but none of the other newer engines had that scheme. Also, are you going to stop rotating the rescue with 2? Aaaand I thought St. 1 was out of bay room.

The new specialty vehicles had the intention of the Black over Red. 39-52 will in fact stop rotating with Station 1. 39-52 will run as the rescue vehicle for MVAs in the Station 2 and Station 4 area, and 39-51 will run to MVAs in Station 1 and Station 3 area. If a 2nd MVA outside of the respective area occurs, the other Rescue will be dispatched, as well as if there is extra needed extrication (manpower/equipment) a 2nd Rescue can be dispatched to the scene.

Station 1 will be getting rid of 39-61, and 39-51 will take its empty bay spot (at least so is the plan).

Where will 61 be going?

That is a very good question. No one knows yet. Whether it will go into reserve (like the former 39-62) or whether it be sold. No clue!

WOW! That is awesome, and awesome photos, Nate!! Thanks for sharing!

Very sharp!

Nice Engine and photos. Good luck with it.

Nice

In Commercial Rigs like these, are the paks next to or built in the jump seats? Or do they stay in compatments? Besides the fact you dont "ride backwards", Do cabs on commercial rigs differ from custom cabs like paks inside, radio & light box chargers, your average "grab tool" like Irons or a hook?

Ive never really seen a commercial rig before. Maybe once in white plains pasing by but never really up close.

Nice rig quick question though why do they rotate their trucks i know they have a big district but why don't they just leave the trucks where they are?

Just what EFFD needs, more trucks! lol. looks good nate. Our new rescue/engine should be here december/january time (fingers crossed.) we went with a Pierce PUC on a velocity chassis. its gonna be a sweet looking rig! Come to beekman once in awhile!

Nice rig quick question though why does east fishkill rotate their trucks I know they have a big district but why not leave the trucks where they are?

A question for East Fishkill. Didn't the Dept at one time not to long have a rig designated as a squad? If so will this replsace it?

Good luck with the new truck either way

A question for East Fishkill. Didn't the Dept at one time not to long have a rig designated as a squad? If so will this replsace it?

No, this is another Rescue truck that will split itself with the current Rescue. 51 will cover Station 1 (Hopewell) and Station 3 Hillside Lake and 52 will cover 2 (Stormville) and 4 Wicopee.....the squad is still there lol

Nice

In Commercial Rigs like these, are the paks next to or built in the jump seats? Or do they stay in compatments? Besides the fact you dont "ride backwards", Do cabs on commercial rigs differ from custom cabs like paks inside, radio & light box chargers, your average "grab tool" like Irons or a hook?

Ive never really seen a commercial rig before. Maybe once in white plains pasing by but never really up close.

I would venture a guess that they are built into the seats, but it is still not even close to being in service! There are only two other Commercial Rigs in East Fishkill, and only one is setup for packs as a frontline apparatus, and in that case, they are stored in a compartment.

I am not entirely sure, so as soon as I figure it out, I will let you know

Nice rig quick question though why do they rotate their trucks i know they have a big district but why don't they just leave the trucks where they are?

East Fishkill operates 1 staffed 24/7 ambulance. Since there are 4 stations, they rotate it to a different station for each week of the month, to be fair and not overwhelm any one station with the responsibility of houseing the ambulance every week. Station 2, where the current rescue vehicle is housed, has no spare bays, so when it is the week for Stormville to staff the ambulance, they send the Rescue to Station 1 (the only other station that has the bay large enough to house the Rescue) and use that open bay for the ambulance.

Just what EFFD needs, more trucks! lol. looks good nate. Our new rescue/engine should be here december/january time (fingers crossed.) we went with a Pierce PUC on a velocity chassis. its gonna be a sweet looking rig! Come to beekman once in awhile!

Thanks Robbie!! I guess I will have to! Always wanted to see one of those PUCs!!

39-67 is East Fishkill's 2004 Marion Squad vehicle. It is more of a support vehicle. It carries ventilation and haz-mat equipment, a cascade system, and houses a command center in the cab. It also does have a pump, and small tank of water for short initial operations.

EFW1.jpg

EFW2.jpg

EFW5.jpg

39-52 is the current Rescue, a 2001 Marion on a Freightliner FL80 chassis.

EFW3.jpg

No, this is another Rescue truck that will split itself with the current Rescue. 51 will cover Station 1 (Hopewell) and Station 3 Hillside Lake and 52 will cover 2 (Stormville) and 4 Wicopee.....the squad is still there lol

Already posted this same information in my initial posting.

39-52 will run as the rescue vehicle for MVAs in the Station 2 and Station 4 area, and 39-51 will run to MVAs in Station 1 and Station 3 area. If a 2nd MVA outside of the respective area occurs, the other Rescue will be dispatched, as well as if there is extra needed extrication (manpower/equipment) a 2nd Rescue can be dispatched to the scene.

Nice

Yes the packs are built in the jump seats. There are three seats in the back with the packs mounted in them and there is one mounted in the front officer seat. If you look at the pictures you can see the brackets in the seats for the packs.

Yes the packs are built in the jump seats. There are three seats in the back with the packs mounted in them and there is one mounted in the front officer seat. If you look at the pictures you can see the brackets in the seats for the packs.

Lol, you are much more observant than I am I guess!! I didn't even notice that when taking the pictures. I do know that there are 5 SCBAs planned for this rig, so I would assume that they are planned to be in those seat mounts!

39-51 is only a 5 man cab not a 6 man cab.. seats 2 in the front 3 in the back..its has a 250gpm pump and carries 600 gallons of water. Other than the special ops calls..no other assignments are in black and white...the chiefs havent discussed it yet.

There are 4 paks mounted into the seats and the 5th one will be mounted in a compartment. the drivers seat is the only seat without a pak.

Just for some info the are now 8 commerical rigs in East Fishkill..not 2..you have 39-32,33,34..39-14 and 22..39-51 and 52 and 39-81.

As of now 39-61 will either be retired and sold or be stored at HQ as a back up...hasnt been decided as of yet.

Edited by effd1055

Just for some info the are now 8 commerical rigs in East Fishkill..not 2..you have 39-32,33,34..39-14 and 22..39-51 and 52 and 39-81.

As of now 39-61 will either be retired and sold or be stored at HQ as a back up...hasnt been decided as of yet.

Ah, thanks! I forgot about the tankers and the other engines!!

Nate!!!!!!!!<br />Nice looking rig!!!!! I couldn't help but notice you guys were smart to keep the role-up doors bushed aluminum. Our rigs that have the roll-ups ae all painted. The Rescue, with the use it's seen, is showing its age, nd the aint is all scratched and chipped. Good Luck with it!!!!

Good luck with the new truck, very nice looking.

Just out of curiosity, how many rigs does EF have now?

Good luck with the new truck, very nice looking.

Just out of curiosity, how many rigs does EF have now?

EAST FISHKILL APPARATUS ID AND DESCRIPTION

39-11 ENGINE 1250 GPM PUMP, 1000 GALLONS

39-12 ENGINE 1250 GPM PUMP, 1000 GALLONS

39-13 ENGINE 1000 GPM PUMP, 1000 GALLONS, HURST TOOL

39-14 ENGINE 1000 GPM PUMP, 500 GALLONS, T.I.C.

39-15 ENGINE 1250 GPM PUMP, 1250 GALLONS, HURST TOOL, T.I.C.

39-16 ENGINE 1250 GPM PUMP, 1000 GALLONS

39-17 ENGINE 1250 GPM PUMP, 1250 GALLONS, T.I.C.

39-18 ENGINE 1250 GPM, 1000 GALLONS, T.I.C.

39-21 ENGINE 1250 GPM, 1000 GALLONS

39-22 ENGINE 1000 GPM, 500 GALLONS

39-32 TANKER 500 GPM PUMP, 3000 GALLONS

39-33 TANKER 500 GPM PUMP, 3000 GALLONS

39-34 TANKER 500 GPM PUMP, 3000 GALLONS

39-46 TOWER LADDER, 95', 1250 PUMP, FAST TEAM, T.I.C.

39-51 SPRING 2008

39-52 RESCUE, EXTRICATION EQUIPMENT, 4X4

39-56 FIRE INVESTIGATION UNIT

39-57 ATV W/TRAILER, POLARIS 6X6, BRUSH FIRE SKID AND RESCUE SKID

39-58 EXTRICATION TRAILER, MISC. JACKS, CRIBBING, ADDITIONAL

EXTRICATION EQUIPMENT

39-59 HAZMAT TRAILER

39-61 BRUSH TRUCK, 150 GALLONS, EMS, 4X4, TOWS TRAILERS

39-62 BRUSH TRUCK, 250 GPM, 300 GALLONS, EMS, 4X4, TOWS TRAILERS

39-63 BRUSH TRUCK, 150 GALLONS, EMS, 4X4, TOWS TRAILERS

39-64 BRUSH TRUCK, 250 GPM, 300 GALLONS, EMS, 4X4, HURST TOOL, TOW

TRAILERS

39-66 SUPPORT VAN, REFRESHMENT SUPPLY VAN

39-67 SQUAD, 1250 GPM, 600 GALLONS, CASCADE, T.I.C., SPECIAL METERS

COMMAND CENTER, HAZMAT

39-68 PERSONNEL TRANSPORT, 12 PASSENGER VAN

39-69 PICKUP FOUR DOOR, PLOW, 4X4, TOWS TRAILERS

39-71 AMBULANCE, ROSTERED

39-72 AMBULANCE

39-81 HOSE TRUCK, 1250 GPM, 500 GALLONS, 5000' 5" HOSE, SETUP AS

ENGINE

39-96 UTILITY VEHICLE, 4X4, PLOW, CAN BE BRUSH TRUCK IF NEEDED.

39-97 FIRE POLICE UNIT, TRAFFIC AND CROWD CONTROL

39-98 FIRE POLICE UNIT, TRAFFIC AND CROWD CONTROL

39-99 BOAT TRAILER, WATER/ICE RESCUE, BOAT A = ZODIAC

BOAT B = FLAT BOTTOM ROW BOAT, BOAT MOTORS

We really do not have alot of equipment I swear lol. 39-51 looked like a really nice truck (excuse me "Squad") in person! Now how come we still have to be stuck with 52 :( (at least we know.. ok I know.. that we can count on you guys getting out over Stormville) :lol:

How many square miles does the East Fishkill FD cover? ...and what is the government structure above the Fire Department? (i.e. Fire District, City, Town, Village, etc.)

How many square miles does the East Fishkill FD cover? ...and what is the government structure above the Fire Department? (i.e. Fire District, City, Town, Village, etc.)

East Fishkill Fire District covers approximately 54 square miles.

Nice looking and well thought out truck. I had the chance to look it over while at Marion in January during our prebuild conference for our latest Marion engine.

EGO!