Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

East Fishkill (Dutchess NY) New Rescue 51

54 posts in this topic

How many square miles does the East Fishkill FD cover? ...and what is the government structure above the Fire Department? (i.e. Fire District, City, Town, Village, etc.)

well, it varies on who you talk to, its between 54 and 58 square miles(they picked up a few more when they started using GPS mapping-lol). The fire department is governed by the town board and the fire district. Why do you ask??

Edited by EFFP411

I am digging the "squad" but the new rescue does not appeal to me for some reason.........

VERY nice rig! Looks like it'll actually be able to run the median and shoulders of I-84 and the TSP!

We really do not have alot of equipment I swear lol. 39-51 looked like a really nice truck (excuse me "Squad") in person! Now how come we still have to be stuck with 52 :( (at least we know.. ok I know.. that we can count on you guys getting out over Stormville) :lol:

Firemt1671,

This forum is not for bashing or airing our dirty laundry. I will assume since you are from Hopewell Jct that you are a member and if you have a concern there is a chain of command to be followed.

Scott Post

Chief

EFFD

Firemt1671,

This forum is not for bashing or airing our dirty laundry. I will assume since you are from Hopewell Jct that you are a member and if you have a concern there is a chain of command to be followed.

Scott Post

Chief

EFFD

Ouch....

We really do not have alot of equipment I swear lol. 39-51 looked like a really nice truck (excuse me "Squad") in person! Now how come we still have to be stuck with 52 :( (at least we know.. ok I know.. that we can count on you guys getting out over Stormville) :lol:

Getting it out before 3rd dispatch is another thing.

Firemt1671,

Scott Post

Chief

EFFD

I was honestly just kidding

what is that 'fog light' looking thing under the front compartment?

never seen one before. their's another one in the rear.

post-4073-1206761673.jpg

That is a "trailer" hitch receiver. Can be used to host a hitch mounted receiver, or attachments of the sort!! It just has a Marion plate set into the receiver.

FrontBumper.jpg

That is a "trailer" hitch receiver. Can be used to host a hitch mounted receiver, or attachments of the sort!! It just has a Marion plate set into the receiver.

FrontBumper.jpg

These are a couple weeks late there kid...

What WHOOHAA designed this? Air Horns under the mirrors............... those spot lights...............lets not forget that ILLEGAL blue light in the rear................................................

What WHOOHAA designed this? Air Horns under the mirrors............... those spot lights...............lets not forget that ILLEGAL blue light in the rear................................................

It was well designed by the members of the fire district. The vehicle is a multi functional rescue so the spot lights will come in handy..whats so illegal about the blue light on the rear...the police have them why cant we??..good for visiblity on the parkway and interstate...air horns under the mirror..where? look like they are on the hood to me...if you dont like the rig thats fine..no need to bash!!

like nate said its a reciever...there is one on each side of the rig so we can use the winch from any side.

..whats so illegal about the blue light on the rear...the police have them why cant we??..good for visiblity on the parkway and interstate...

The NYS V&T Laws were changed to allow rear facing blue lights on Police Vehicles only. While I agree that fire vehicles can also benefit from the increased visibility that the blue lights give, they are still illegal on a fire vehicle under the current NYS laws.

The Fire Services needs to lobby our lawmakers to allow us to leagally display the blue light to the rear. Until then we need to follow the existing laws.

The NYS V&T Laws were changed to allow rear facing blue lights on Police Vehicles only. While I agree that fire vehicles can also benefit from the increased visibility that the blue lights give, they are still illegal on a fire vehicle under the current NYS laws.

The Fire Services needs to lobby our lawmakers to allow us to leagally display the blue light to the rear. Until then we need to follow the existing laws.

Yes you are right and it is being worked on already see below:

A10412 Summary:

BILL NO A10412

SAME AS No same as

SPONSOR Ball

COSPNSR

MLTSPNSR

Amd S375, V & T L

Allows affixing of blue light on emergency vehicles for rear projection

only;affixing blue light to front of emergency vehicle exclusive to vehicle

owned and operated by volunteer fireman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A10412 Actions:

BILL NO A10412

03/28/2008 referred to transportation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A10412 Votes:

A10412 Memo:

BILL NUMBER:A10412

TITLE OF BILL:

An act to amend the vehicle and traffic law, in relation to authorizing

certain lights to be affixed to emergency vehicles

PURPOSE OR GENERAL IDEA OF BILL:

To authorize emergency vehicles to display blue lights for rear projec-

tion only when engaged in an emergency operation.

SUMMARY OF SPECIFIC PROVISIONS:

Amends Chapter 45 of the Laws of 2006. Section 1 amends Section

375(41)(4)(a) of the Vehicle and Traffic Law to affirm that the affixing

of a blue light to the front of a motor vehicle is exclusive to a motor

vehicle owned by a volunteer firefighter. Further amends paragraph 4( B)

of subdivision 41 to authorize other emergency vehicles, as defined in

section 101 of the Vehicle Traffic Law, to display blue lights, in

combination with red and white colored lights, for rear projection only

when engaged in an emergency operation and authorizes the Commissioner

of the Department of Motor Vehicles to promulgate rules regarding the

use, placement, power and display of blue lights on emergency vehicles.

JUSTIFICATION:

Currently, only police departments are authorized under the Vehicle and

Traffic Law to use rear projection blue lights as part of their emergen-

cy equipment. Other emergency vehicles are currently authorized to use

red and white colored lights.

Several studies have determined that blue colored lights attract the

attention of drivers better than any other color. For safety reasons,

blue-colored lights in combination with red and white lights would

greatly enhance safety for motorists and emergency response personnel.

This legislation does not change current Vehicle and Traffic Law in

regard to providing volunteer fire personnel with the exclusive use of

blue colored lights when responding to emergency situations but author-

izes the use of blue colored lights for rear projection only for other

emergency vehicles.

PRIOR LEGISLATIVE HISTORY:

New bill.

FISCAL IMPLICATIONS FOR STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS:

None.

EFFECTIVE DATE:

Immediately.

I have personally spoken with our area representatives and explained our point of safety and the fact that the fire service responds to the same incidents as police departments with typically more personnel. The original law should have been passed for all emergency vehicles.

Specs and description from Marion's website.

Bruce Paupst of Hopewell Fire Equipment sold this 14’ Rescue Truck to the East Fishkill, NY Fire District. Features include a Hale 250 GPM PTO driven fire pump mounted between the chassis frame rails, pump operator’s panel located inside a compartment, 500 gallon polypropylene water tank, front bumper extension with storage for 100’ of 1 3/4” pre-connected fire hose and storage for a pre-connected cutter and spreader, roll up compartment doors, roof top storage compartments, storage for 200’ of 1 3/4” pre-connected hose located on the roof, portable winch with connection points at front, rear and each side, Ziamatic swing out and down ladder mounted in the rear to gain access to the roof top, transverse compartment with storage for a stokes basket and a Little Giant 17’ ladder, oil dry hopper, Safety Vision rear vision camera with color monitor, Whelen LED warning light package, Onan 25kW hydraulic generator, Will-Burt Powerlite 6,000 watt light tower recess mounted in the roof of the body, compartment in hosebed to hold two 2 1/2” hard suction hoses and three pike poles. The chassis is an International 7400 4 x 4 with a Navistar 330 HP engine and an Allison automatic transmission.

39-51 is only a 5 man cab not a 6 man cab.. seats 2 in the front 3 in the back..its has a 250gpm pump and carries 600 gallons of water. Other than the special ops calls..no other assignments are in black and white...the chiefs havent discussed it yet.

There are 4 paks mounted into the seats and the 5th one will be mounted in a compartment. the drivers seat is the only seat without a pak.

Just for some info the are now 8 commerical rigs in East Fishkill..not 2..you have 39-32,33,34..39-14 and 22..39-51 and 52 and 39-81.

As of now 39-61 will either be retired and sold or be stored at HQ as a back up...hasnt been decided as of yet.

Hey Cap, where did you get all that knowledge, must have been from a former chief!!

Stay safe!

Hey Cap, where did you get all that knowledge, must have been from a former chief!!

Stay safe!

Hey Chief....I was taught by the best!!

Edited by effd1055

when will it be put into service

when will it be put into service

Not sure when its going into service....still needs the radios installed and some more equipment added to the vehicle...hopefully by the end of the month at the latest...but we are hoping it will be sooner!!