Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ailc307

Need Help With A Vizio 32 inch LCD HD TV

17 posts in this topic

Ok guys, can anyone help!

I just purchased a VIZIO 32 inch LCD HDTV, and I need some help with the settings. I have the TV in my bedroom and I need to see what settings works the best. My display seems just a little blury!

Any imput will be appreicated!

Thanks

Well, the best advice I can give you is ship it to my house. I will get it tuned in properly!!! :lol:

The Vizio's are nice, but they aren't the sharpest LCD Tv's out there. The Sony's are really hands down the best, but the price is significantly more. Is it really blurry or just a tad bit unclear?

Ok guys, can anyone help!

I just purchased a VIZIO 32 inch LCD HDTV, and I need some help with the settings. I have the TV in my bedroom and I need to see what settings works the best. My display seems just a little blury!

Any imput will be appreicated!

Thanks

Hope you r using HDMI cable from cable box, that is best cable to use. I think ur

TV has an HDMI port.

I know this may be a silly question, but are you using SDTV or a HDTV signal? The best LCD in the world will not make a SDTV signal look 'good'.

You need to have the HDTV Box and the HDMI cable.

I know a guy who returned his Vizio for the same reason, the price was right but never got the picture he saw in the store. He brought home the Sony instead.

Iam using a 42 inch Vizio and have the HDMI cable and the cables that come with the Cablevision box 4250. so I can choose which picture I want. I find that there is very little difference right now between the 2. I know when I watch sports the pictures is very crisp. It could be your cablebox or maybe just that tv. I looked at the Sony except it was a grand more for the name. It had eveything the Vizio has. Good luck!

Edited by DOC22

You need to have the HDTV Box and the HDMI cable.

What kind of HDMI cable do you recommend I went to Radio Shack, and they have 2 different cords one was like $60 and the other is like $100. I believe the 1st one is the radio shack brand and the 2nd was monster?

Edited by DOC22

I upgraded my current Direct-TV receiver, to the HDTV DVR box and they're installing it Saturday. Do you all think that will help with the picture, or will I still need to purchase the HDMI cables?

Edited by DOC22

I upgraded my current Direct-TV receiver, to the HDTV DVR box and there installing it Saturday, do you all think that will help with the picture, or will I still need to purchase the HDMI cables!

You need the HDMI cables, or component cables at the least. you will not be disappointed with HDMI cables, we have our 52 inch samsung plasma, and with HDMI cables on both the Blu- Ray player and the cable box. It rocks!

Edited by DOC22

Check out http://www.monoprice.com/ for HDMI Cables.

What kind of HDMI cable do you recommend I went to radio shack and they have 2 different cords one was like $60 and the other is like $100. I believe the 1st one is the radio shack brand and the 2nd was monster?

Check out http://www.monoprice.com/ for HDMI Cables.

+1 for monoprice.com

HDMI and any cable actually shouldnt cost more than a couple bucks. Right now i see a 25 footer for 25 dollars. These are digital cables. Either they work, or they don't. There isnt a difference that you will notice between the "monster" cable and the 25 dollar "cheap" cable. Stores dont make a lot of money on the televisions themselves. they make huge profit on accessories like cables, mounts, etc.

To the OP, I have heard that many cable boxes require some setup in the internal settings to get an HD picture. These are apparently not as easy as getting all the necessary hardware and getting the programming. One must actually go into the setting menus to setup the cable box properly.

Edited by jayhalsey

I have a 42' Vizo and use the monster HDMI cable and it is a huge difference from the one the cable co. gave me

Try Amazon.com for the HDMI cables or just search internet for lowest price. Most cables can be found much cheaper on internet. HDMI is the way to go for best signals.

HDMI at cablesforless.com or cablewholesale.com please do a search for these

Wall mount on Ebay from lcdmountpros.com for $30 is holding up my 52" sony

Sorry for no direct link my old computer Hard Drive is shot and I just got a new computer

I BELIEVE CRUTCHFIELD.COM HAS A SECTION FOR TUNING IN LCD TVS. I think it takes some looking around but it helps. I have a philips 47" and love it, it actually has a setup wizard for choosing the best picture for your lighting conditions. I hear tv's are shipped set up for store displays, ie under bright lights, so your dim living room needs some new settings. Definitly happy with it, escpecially w/COD4 its sick! Your next step is a crisp sound system, I wont go on about that, but if youre going to get a nice picture, you might as well get some crispy digital sound as well!