Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Gas Prices WOW!

67 posts in this topic

OK, so as we all know the Gas Prices are going up and up. :lol:

Most places have hit or soon to hit the $4.00 mark.

Will they hit $5.00?

I figured we could post a thread with some local

Gas Prices here in the Westchester County area

and UPDATE it as often as possible to help each

other out.

As of May 1, 2008

Mobil

Welcher Avenue / Route 9A

PEEKSKILL

-Regular $3.83

-Mid-Grade $3.89

-Super $3.99

Getty

Washington Street / Welcher Avenue

PEEKSKILL

-Regular $3.83

-Mid-Grade $3.93

-Super $4.03

MEMBERS POSTING PRICES IF YOU COULD PLEASE UPDATE THEM

ONCE A WEEK IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP!

post-3-1209622987.jpg

Ah great, just when I thought I could go to America and get some releif from high fuel prices !! Although we are still paying roughly 7 dollars a gallon.

Ah great, just when I thought I could go to America and get some releif from high fuel prices !! Although we are still paying roughly 7 dollars a gallon.

the new 5 dollar bill

post-10044-1209625833.gif

post-10044-1209626176.gif

Several Wall Streeters have predicted $5 a gallon next summer. The one thing to remember is that between the state, federal and sales taxes it adds close to 75 cents a gallon here.

I have a friend who just got back from Hong Kong and Regular is $5.62/gallon. I have another friend studying in Venezuela and gas prices down there are $0.14/gallon...imagine that!

Gas prices around the US and Canada: www.gasbuddy.com

Edited by MRK303

In San Diego regular gas was going for $4.23 a gallon. I just filled up my jeep yesterday in White Plains and it cost me $78.00 for I think it was about 18 gallons. It's getting crazy I really want to get rid of my SUV and go back to my nice Honda that got like 21 miles to the gallon.

I'm predicting $5.00 by this Christmas.

But don't worry about the gas prices. Wait until the rest of the commodities futures markets antics hit the grocery stores. I'm estimating $8.00/gallon for milk.

Anyone drive diesel? Just saw their prices at $4.75!!

Does anyone know about Armageddon?? Is this how it starts off?! lol

VACGUY where have you been? I've seen Diesel up here for $4.89. Many on Wall Street say it'll level off after it hits $4 till the next round after the summer. Milk and Beer are cheaper than gas today. But as fuel goes up consumer goods will surely follow.

You know it is bad when Hawaii is right around our prices. I remember when I was there it was high but now it just seems like the norm. If we weren't so cheap as a Nation to dig into our OWN OIL REFINERIES then we wouldn't have this problem. Stop bying from other Countries. Buy it from within and help the Economy two fold. In our pockets and in the Deficit. As of right now it is 9,340,689,509,227.85.

The estimated population of the United States is 303,910,220

so each citizen's share of this debt is $30,735.03.

Now wonder why my credit rating is so low. LOL

I have a friend who just got back from Hong Kong and Regular is $5.62/gallon. I have another friend studying in Venezuela and gas prices down there are $0.14/gallon...imagine that!

Gas prices around the US and Canada: www.gasbuddy.com

As long as we are dependent on foreign oil we will continue to pay the amount we are paying. We get alot of oil from Venezuela where people are paying 14 cents a gallon.

VACGUY where have you been? I've seen Diesel up here for $4.89. Many on Wall Street say it'll level off after it hits $4 till the next round after the summer. Milk and Beer are cheaper than gas today. But as fuel goes up consumer goods will surely follow.

wow, $4.75 is the highest i've seen it the north white plains stretch of Rte 22. that's primarily where i get my gas. they do have some of the lower prices in my area

You know it is bad when Hawaii is right around our prices. I remember when I was there it was high but now it just seems like the norm. If we weren't so cheap as a Nation to dig into our OWN OIL REFINERIES then we wouldn't have this problem. Stop bying from other Countries. Buy it from within and help the Economy two fold. In our pockets and in the Deficit.

As Jimmy Carter continues on as a "independent worldwide election monitor," we keep paying for his utter failure as president during the last energy crisis.

As long as we are dependent on foreign oil we will continue to pay the amount we are paying. We get alot of oil from Venezuela where people are paying 14 cents a gallon.

Blame liberals for that. They're the ones who don't want us to drill for OUR OWN OIL in Alaska, among other places. I'm sure the caribou could find a way to cope.

LEWISBURG, TN ...$2.90 per gallon......why am i paying $3.90 per gallon??????????

I will keep the words i am saying to my self right now.

LEWISBURG, TN ...$2.90 per gallon......why am i paying $3.90 per gallon??????????

I will keep the words i am saying to my self right now.

yea you can also still buy a really nice house for $100K

I just paid $3.89 a gallon at a station in Elmsford...probably one of the cheapest since a gas station over off of Benedict is something $4 or more I'm not sure.

$3.39 on The Garden State Parkway. How many people travel to NJ for gasoline?

It's the only good thing about NJ at this point.

$3.39 on The Garden State Parkway. How many people travel to NJ for gasoline?

It's the only good thing about NJ at this point.

doesn't make sense if i gotta pay to cross the bridge, but if i happen to be in rockland, than yea

Be careful getting gas at Lukoil on the Garden State. I was on the Parkway the night one of them had bad gas. There were cars broken down all over the side of the road. It was on Eyewitness News later that night. 60+ cars had to be towed off the Parkway; some people were waiting 3-hours for tow trucks! You're better off getting off the Parkway - gas is usually cheaper!

Citgo in Valhalla has the cheapest I have seen. Shell in N White Plains is always cheaper than everyone else.

There was a gas station in Elmsford that didnt have bad gas, but was apparently not reseting the pumps and charging people for the gas they got and the gas the person before them got.

The one good thing about getting gas on the NJ Turnpike (I think the Parkway also) is that they are only allowed to raise their prices once every seven days at 0500 on Friday.

I guess I should have never sold my Motorcycle.

Would be GREAT to have now! lol

I use this web site

http://www.newyorkstategasprices.com/

A site that shows NY lowest & highest prices reported by anybody for everybody

The parent site for each state is

http://www.Gasbuddy.com/

Lots of information availible, like

Gas prices

a nation wide view of highest & lowest prices

Tax's and surcharges for each state

much much more

I guess I should have never sold my Motorcycle.

Would be GREAT to have now! lol

I'm getting average of 45 Miles to a gallon on mine, and it costs me 12 bucks to fill up on premium.

There are so many reasons why we cannot be self reliant with gas production that it will NEVER happen. Forget Liberals, Conservatives, and environmentalists. First and foremost we consume far more than we could ever produce. Next, the Crude we do have is better suited heavier molecules like those used in heating oil, diesel, and lubricants. Another problem is much like their military we're also primarily responsible to Japan for much of their natural resources. We all want more refineries until someone tries to put in our community. Natural Gas terminal for the sound, no go. Blame all the whiny not in my backyard liberals, then why do they have the same expansion problems good old Texas. Its nearly impossible to build new refineries. Just shutdown and rebuild on top of the old ones. So lets go and tap into ANWAR. They are 5 to 10 years away from any production, another 5 to 10 from peak production and even if the best case scenario is right using current consumption and future extrication technology production begins to decline after only 50 years of operation. In short I love my 32mpg with my little civic.

For all you Nutmeggers, especially around the Norwalk area, the Citgo on Main Avenue in Norwalk is still in the 3.73/gal range but climbing steadily.

Do you people think perhaps the days of the BIG SUV are over ? We noticed it over here, Ford's F truck series has been pulled off the market, small diesel cars are selling like hot cakes now. I can see you guys heading the same way.