Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONEEYEDMIC

Discovery Channel 911- The Bronx

30 posts in this topic

So I was setting up my DVR for the next week and I saw a New show coming on Discovery Channel called 911- The Bronx.

Does anyone have any intel on what this is about? I have tried to google it but nothing comes up.

So I was setting up my DVR for the next week and I saw a New show coming on Discovery Channel called 911- The Bronx.

Does anyone have any intel on what this is about? I have tried to google it but nothing comes up.

Do You Have A Date, Time, Or Channel Info? And A Ruff Idea Of What It Is About? Thanks.

Thomas

May 22 8pm - 11 pm

Thanks. Maybe It Is Top Secret Because I Can't Find Anything At All.

Thomas

Here is the descrip:

May 22nd 8pm

911: The Bronx [TV14 ]

8:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Patient fights for his life after a fall; 12-year-old boy is hit by a car.

May 22nd

10:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Man falls five stories; shopkeeper shot in the head; woman drinks cleaning fluid.

Here is the descrip:

May 22nd 8pm

911: The Bronx [TV14 ]

8:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Patient fights for his life after a fall; 12-year-old boy is hit by a car.

May 22nd

10:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Man falls five stories; shopkeeper shot in the head; woman drinks cleaning fluid.

It sounds like Rescue 911....oh boy I hope they got Shatner to do it....lol. :P

It Sounds Good. Anyone Know If Thier Will Be Any Fires? Or Is Thier Anyone On Here That Might Be On The Show?

Thomas

I found nothing on it on the Discovery Channel website?????

That is what I was trying to find out. Sounds like and EMS show but who knows. Saw it while setting up DVR for next week.

It sounds like Rescue 911....oh boy I hope they got Shatner to do it....lol. :P

Great show they need to bring that back!

Finally A show where EMS seems to be in the lime light. I have waited for a show like this to come on the air for awhile. I use to watch Paramedics on Discovery Health channel, but as usual it was taken off the air. I would hope they make this a great show and edit it well, Make it sorta like Boston Fire's show (What was that called again.... Seth ;) ) I hope this show takes off. We need more drama shows like this, to help the public in knowing what we go thru, and maybe help us get better things. Such as better PAY, better HEALTH CARE, and respect that we deserve.....

Finally A show where EMS seems to be in the lime light. I have waited for a show like this to come on the air for awhile. I use to watch Paramedics on Discovery Health channel, but as usual it was taken off the air. I would hope they make this a great show and edit it well, Make it sorta like Boston Fire's show (What was that called again.... Seth ;) ) I hope this show takes off. We need more drama shows like this, to help the public in knowing what we go thru, and maybe help us get better things. Such as better PAY, better HEALTH CARE, and respect that we deserve.....

I think one of the reasons that EMS does not get a spotlight on network TV is because of the abundance of hoakie medical shows like Greys Anatomy, House and ER. The viewing public is barraged with these unrealistic and melodramatic crappy shows. Plus, lets face it...it is simply not enjoyable to watch people suffer. I can think of many shows I'd rather watch than one that shows residents of the Bronx getting shot in the head or falling 5 stories. If anything, there may be lessons to learn as a responder so we can take away something tangible from the programming.

But other shows like CSI and the First 48 are doing unbelievably well and they show some of the same stuff. Although CSI is an undercover soap opera...it shows some gory things. The problem with EMS shows is, how long each call actually last. There is really nothing to follow. You could do a new show for each day in the life...

Here's what I found:

May 29, 8:00 pm

(60 minutes)

Remind Me 911: The Bronx

Episode 1

TV-14

Dr. Zambito helps a patient fight for his life after a four-story fall. Dr. Szabo and her team race to save the foot of a 12-year-old boy hit by a car. Dr. Appelbaum administers to a gun-shot victim.

May 29, 9:00 pm

(60 minutes)

Episode 2

TV-14

Dr. Appelbaum brings a heart attack victim back to life. Dr. Watkins helps a mom and her newborn survive a horrific car crash. Dr. Zambito helps a 65-year-old man who has fallen two floors down an elevator shaft.

May 29, 10:00 pm

(60 minutes)

Episode 4

TV-14

Dr. Acosta treats a man who fell five stories. Dr. Garcia treats a shopkeeper who was shot in the head at pointblank range. Dr. Szabo treats a woman who accidentally drank a bottle of cleaning fluid.

May 30, 12:00 am

(60 minutes)

Episode 1

TV-14

Dr. Zambito helps a patient fight for his life after a four-story fall. Dr. Szabo and her team race to save the foot of a 12-year-old boy hit by a car. Dr. Appelbaum administers to a gun-shot victim.

May 30, 1:00 am

(60 minutes)

Episode 2

TV-14

Dr. Appelbaum brings a heart attack victim back to life. Dr. Watkins helps a mom and her newborn survive a horrific car crash. Dr. Zambito helps a 65-year-old man who has fallen two floors down an elevator shaft.

May 30, 2:00 am

(60 minutes)

Episode 4

TV-14

Dr. Acosta treats a man who fell five stories. Dr. Garcia treats a shopkeeper who was shot in the head at pointblank range. Dr. Szabo treats a woman who accidentally drank a bottle of cleaning fluid.

Anybody recognize those names...I wonder which hospital they work at...maybe Lincoln or Jacobi???? I know someone must have seen the cameras that works EMS!

Methinks its Saint Barnabas Hospital.

Actually now that I think about it, its definitely St. Barnabas Hospital.

Cool...I didn't go there much in my career, maybe 2-3 times...

Crap, I had completely forgotten about this. They filmed it about a year or year and half ago at St. Barnabas. At the time it was billed as a new show for TLC, but with actual footage as opposed to all the re-enactments used in other shows.

bumb

Anyone remember to watch this. How was it

It Hasn't Been On Yet, That I Have Seen. From What I Have Seen It Is On This Week. On Thursday The 29th.

Thomas

Just a reminder 1 hour and 30 min. away.

Thomas

It;s on now. 3 straight episodes. between 8-11pm.

The show wasn't bad, but wasn't what I expected. I thought it was a ride around with the FDNY going to calls. Kinda like Cops or Beach Patrol. I didn't think I was gonna be watching ER. All in all it was a good show.

Thomas

The show wasn't bad, but wasn't what I expected. I thought it was a ride around with the FDNY going to calls. Kinda like Cops or Beach Patrol. I didn't think I was gonna be watching ER. All in all it was a good show.

Thomas

Its interesting at best for those who have seen it all in the field its a waste of your time.....

I started to watch it before and just couldn't get into it I don't it's that good.

first episode... GSW to arms...

JBJ1202 was teching that one...

I watched all three episodes last night and I thought they were pretty darn good.

Actually, I missed it, but my father and my brother in law both ran into it on TV. Other than not being able to handle the gruesomeness at times, they liked it. And then they had questions for the ex EMT of the family and my wife the ER Nurse...lol

They really made Barny's look good. So good I'd be willing to go there if I hadn't known better. Hopefully it inspires HHC to open up Kings County or Lincoln and people can see how nuts it really can get.