Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

EMT AND Volunteer FF On Fox's "Moment Of Truth"

25 posts in this topic

Fox has been airing clips of this Tuesday's episode of their disgusting show, "Moment Of Truth", in which contestants sell themselves and ruin relationships for money by exposing secrets. This is done by asking a canidate a question on stage, and verifying it via lie detector.

On this Tuesday's episode, there is a canidate they are promoting as an "Emergency Medical Technician".

Two of the questions they asked him on the promo were:

1. "Have you ever touched a female patient more then you had to?" His apparent answer, "Yes".

2. "Have you ever knowingly falsifed a report?". His answer, again, was an apparent yes.

Both questions were confirmed by the "lie dectector" as "true".

This is a nationwide show, and seen by millions. This guy is representing the entire Emergency Medical Services community. And, for the money, he possibly just ruined his career, and damaged credibilty of EMT's in a lot of peoples eyes. Also, by admiting what he did- I wonder if any criminal or civil reprocussions will follow? I certainly hope so.

I realize we're all human, but to conciously do this, not to even get started on actually doing what he admitted, is just disgusting, and I also blame Fox for exploiting anything for money.

Wait to show sirs because the promo is edited ... if you look behind him the question he answered yes to .. wasnt the one in the promo

This guy is representing the entire Emergency Medical Services community. And, for the money, he just ruined his career, and damaged credibilty of EMT's in a lot of peoples eyes. Also, by admiting what he did- I wonder if any criminal or civil reprocussions will follow? I certainly hope so.

I realize we're all human, but to conciously do this, not to even get started on actually doing what he admitted, is just disgusting, and I also blame Fox for exploiting anything for money.

While I agree, criminal prosecution is doubtful. I am guessing he didn't need to identify the specific incidents, and without those, you have no criminal case.

And as for Fox, par for the course.

Wait to show sirs because the promo is edited ... if you look behind him the question he answered yes to .. wasnt the one in the promo

You do have a point- Fox can edit anything into something. Regardless of what happens on the show, the commercial which airs frequently prominetly displays that he is an Emergency Medical Technician and implies that he answered "Yes" to the question(s). We'll see what happens....the commercial has already done some damage....

Also, lie dectectors, operated by a tv network or by a police official aren't admissible in court.

Also, lie dectectors, operated by a tv network or by a police official aren't admissible in court.

Yes and no.

You mean to tell me that none of you have written on a PCR that you checked something on a PT when you didn't? You have never written in a BP, Pulse, Resp, Etc... when you didn't actually perform the duty. You know at the ER when you need another set of vitals because of the short ETA to the ER. Come on now. That is what he could mean when he says that. As for the touching of a female pt. That is such an open ended question and usually after the person answers it they can give a reason for why they said Yes. The commercials are made to get you interested so you tune and watch the show. Obviously it has worked.

It could also be that this show is fake...

You mean to tell me that none of you have written on a PCR that you checked something on a PT when you didn't? You have never written in a BP, Pulse, Resp, Etc... when you didn't actually perform the duty. You know at the ER when you need another set of vitals because of the short ETA to the ER. Come on now. That is what he could mean when he says that. As for the touching of a female pt. That is such an open ended question and usually after the person answers it they can give a reason for why they said Yes. The commercials are made to get you interested so you tune and watch the show. Obviously it has worked.

I completly understand what you're saying...but that's not how the show portrays it and that certainly isn't how America is going to see it when it airs, based on the show's previous history.

EMS is a struggling professions, and this kind of stuff doesn't help.

I completly understand what you're saying...but that's not how the show portrays it and that certainly isn't how America is going to see it when it airs, based on the show's previous history.

I agree with that. Just saying I have watched the show and what they show you on the commercials is not always what is going on when you watch it.

x2

Maybe he would have been better off on Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader???

Everything aside, it bothers me that people are willing to go on such a trashy TV show for the chance to make a quick buck while sacrificing dignity and possibly a career.

You took the words right out of my mouth brother.

So the issue is more that some dark secret might get out more then its occurring. I don't think it will effect the profession one way or the other. We live in a very individualistic, me me me soceity and they will view him as an individual, not the ultimate representative of a service/profession.

If we want to make an argument, how about the fact that the show which can be watched worldwide, depicts how our entire society can be viewed. The world isn't on the same page we are, but possible divorces, lack of ethics/morals and such will be considered on a much larger grand scale.

So the question now is, how many of you are going to watch???

I never even heard of this show until this post! I am not going to watch it.

As for Are you smarter...that looks like a good show, and I would love to be a contestant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth brother.

So the issue is more that some dark secret might get out more then its occurring. I don't think it will effect the profession one way or the other. We live in a very individualistic, me me me soceity and they will view him as an individual, not the ultimate representative of a service/profession.

If we want to make an argument, how about the fact that the show which can be watched worldwide, depicts how our entire society can be viewed. The world isn't on the same page we are, but possible divorces, lack of ethics/morals and such will be considered on a much larger grand scale.

I always love the old QI thing about 2 sets of vital signs. I've seen paperwork come across with 5 minutes of patient contact time and 2 sets of vitals. Come on, give me a #$%$# break. But a lot of EMT's/Medics are told they will have some type of QI monster come after them if there aren't 2 sets. However, with that said, I'm sure pretty much everyone has done that once or twice in their careers.

As far as touching a female patient more than he had to, I sure as heck hope he answers that question no or has a darn good reason why yes was his answer. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm scared to death of getting arrested or sued. I won't even do a 12 lead on a female patient unless I'm the only one qualified to do it (since I work with 3 female partners out of 4, I have them well trained).

They should have named the show "Moment of stupidity".

Insofar as liability, the EMT most likely will face administrative sanction from the Department of Health Bureau of EMS. As long as you are certified, you can be sanctioned by reprimand, suspension, and/or revocation.

Insofar as civil penalties, an aggrieved individual or entity would have to prove the act or omission caused harm to the patient. In addition, the act or omission would have to be within the statute of limitations.

Insofar as criminal penalties, the statute of limitations likely expired, and, even if it didn't, the District Attorney would have to want to prosecute the case.

So far, the opening was hyped by the host as "Those who are sworn to protect us".............

Also, there's actually two contestants- one's an EMT and the other is a volunteer FF.

So was it as bad as it was made out to be? I missed the show

Really was not as bad as it was made out to be.

The EMT, did admit to Falsifying Documents, but they didn't get into it. I am sure his Boss will be talking to him today though.

When he was asked about "Touching a Female Patient", he answered NO (Truthfully), so that was all hype..........

He quit with $100K in his pocket, but will be getting an a** whopping from his girl when they get home. I am sure $100K will dull the pain though.

The Firefighter was a girl from someplace on Long Island. She didnt make it too far and got the boot when she said that she never lost intetest sexually in her husband (who was sitting there). And BZZZZZZZ the lit detector said different. So she goes home and sleeps on the couch empty handed.

These "reality" shows are for the birds....along with pretty much all the other "network" entertainment programming....

What some people will do for money.....

I mean, really.... 'nuff said.

From a friend who works for the agency this EMT does.......he does transports, and that's it. I felt bad for his girlfriend.

As for the Volunteer Firefigter, she admitted to shoplifting on several occasions, and that she enjoys the male attention around the firehouse. I think the question about ignoring emergency pages wasn't fair, because all volunteers do it at some point (have to pick up the kids, etc)

Disgusting show and I'll never wast an hour of life watching it again.

I missed the show what happened with the EMT and his girlfriend? Did he admit to cheating on her or something?