Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smwells

N.Y. Driver Clocked Doing 144 MPH In 55 MPH Zone

21 posts in this topic

Doesn't Brewster have enough calls on I-84 without this guy on the road??

N.Y. Driver Clocked Doing 144 MPH In 55 MPH Zone

BREWSTER, N.Y. -- A motorcyclist clocked by state police driving 144 miles-an-hour in a 55 mile-an-hour zone in Putnam County faces having his license suspended.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/16722371/detail.html

Edited by jack10562
Source Site Copyrighted Material- EMTBravo posting Policy

what a moron

what a moron

I used to be that moron . the first mistake he made was stopping.....

not that i condone speeding but cmon 144 mph he could have made it home.....

I'm surprised they caught him

I'm surprised they caught him

like i said i think he was dumb enough to stop at that speed most officers will not pursue its just not safe for anyone

like i said i think he was dumb enough to stop at that speed most officers will not pursue its just not safe for anyone

That's it... encourage running from the police... I thought this was a website of emergency service PROFESSIONALS... it's great when a member of the emergency service field encourages fleeing a police officer after being reckless enough to drive 144MPH....

I used to be that moron . the first mistake he made was stopping.....

not that i condone speeding but cmon 144 mph he could have made it home.....

Based on your statement I think it is safe to say you may still use that moniker..... ;)

can't outrun a radio

Based on your statement I think it is safe to say you may still use that moniker..... ;)

.as stupid as it sounds no i do not encourage it BUT if you are stupid enough to ride @ that speed and endanger everyone in your path why stop there ......... i have been dumb enough to ride that fast and faster in excess of 190 that was a former me.

i live life much more laxed these days and if he was bagged on 84 and lives in carmel @ 144 mph i truly dont think the officer got a clear description of the ride where as he could truly state he never lost sight of this person. this dope cvould have very easily made it home......

i have been dumb enough to ride that fast and faster in excess of 190

Glad you're not my kid!!!!

Driving at that speed they should not only revoke his license for the next 20 years but take his library card too and anything else as well. He'll probably get a slap on the wrist and a 1 year suspension otherwise he'll be right back doing it the next day.

Driving at that speed they should not only revoke his license for the next 20 years but take his library card too and anything else as well. He'll probably get a slap on the wrist and a 1 year suspension otherwise he'll be right back doing it the next day.

.SAD PART IS .... he will probably be able to get a restricted use license to travel to and from work only that he will abuse also

Most can outrun a Crown Vic.... but nobody can outrun a Motorola.

What a putz!!!!!!

Most can outrun a Crown Vic.... but nobody can outrun a Motorola.

Or a helicopter!!! :P

[shameless plug/]

The one intelligent thing that he did was stopping! He didn't endanger himself (any further) or anyone else by fleeing nor did he compound the charges against him. Now he has one traffic infraction to contend with (albeit a serious one); he doesn't have penal law charges and legal fees to deal with and he didn't crash and become another statistic. I give him credit for at least that much responsibility. Others on the other hand get no such credit for their juvenile remarks about such conduct.

stupid and thank god he didnt hurt or kill anyone.

Same name in both articles....

guess the forum title is off, thanks

That's batshit... in the UK travelling at that speed would probably get charged as dangerous driving, not just speeding, and a month or two in jail would be a possiblity - would be a virtual certainty at just a few MPH more.

Mike

I absolutely agree, he would have gotten his just desserts no matter if he stopped or not. If he wouldn't have stopped one of three things would have caught up to him.

1. the radio.

2. a helo

3. the law of probabilities, and the meat wagon that would follow.

Same article just different numbers? What I cant see is him getting clocked , the trooper throwing his lights on and him pulling over.. At that speed your are not seeing anything but blobs in your rear view mirrors, if you even have the balls to look. Forget the license, dosent he lose the bike? I thought at certain speeds you also get charged with wreckless driving a misdemeanor? Can any LEO's answer this?