Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Future Fireman

What do you scan with?

18 posts in this topic

I currently scan with a Radioshack PRO-528. I've made 'upgrades' to it by purchasing the following:

Radioshack Adapt-a-Plug/Rechargable Batteries (Plug it in every night to charge 'em) ;)

and 2 antennas:

a Radioshack 800 Mhz Trunking antenna.

and I now scan with a Radioshack VHF/UHF antenna, brand new, (purchased it only 8 hours ago) to increase my scanning power. (Buff multiple 30 MHZ range frequencies and 800 MHZ trunked system as well as several 150 MHZ frequencies.)

Yes, I know I ask alot of my scanner, but it works, and it has taken a few hits. :o It's really a great scanner, but it has a downside, I can't program PLs.

Forgot 1 thing: Every frequency and channel was programmed BY HAND into this scanner.

So what do YOU scan with?

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

Radio Shack PRO97. I programmed it with te Starscan. software which works directly off radioreference.com

It is a trunking scanner which works very well with Westchester County system. I have the Diamond RH77CA antenna which works great! I recommend that to anybidy with a portable scanner. I have the rechargable bateries and power supply. It seems to get everything I want it to plus a whole lot more! It's a GREAT scanner!I bought the full year subscription to both, and have programmed them for others, and had to reprogram them as well. I keep the info saved on my laptop.

pro-582 which i thought was a good deal $120,rechargable batteris,i have a diamond rh77ca for home use,a radio shack 800 mhz for outdoor use and i just ordered a MINI MOB SCAN ANT MAGNET. i listen to mosrtly fdny,nypd sod,sanitaion,mta and northern jersey fire departments

I have a Bearcat 996 and a 396, BCT-7 Uniden 560XLT 16 channel, a Relm (don't remember the model number) but it works great on UHF and 800 MHz and a Shack Pro-2046.

Just picked up a Radio Shack Pro-2066 from a guy at work, it will replace my Uniden BC-860xlt for a desktop scanner, just need to find an AC power supply for it (he had it vehicle mounted)

I have an old Bearcat 210XL, and a Radio Shack Pro-433 on my desk, and I have a Radio Shack handheld forget the exact model number...all work great and get pretty good distance as far as reception. My Radio Shack Pro-433 gets all FDNY frequencies that I have in it.

Uniden Bearcat Trunktracker IV BCD996T base and and Uniden Bearcat Trunktracker IV BCT396T portable.

I use the Butel software and Radio Reference to program them.

Both scanners are VERY complicated, I'm still figuring them out- but they offer so many great features and I can't wait to be able to put many of them into use.

For an antenna, my portable has the OEM one. I use this for my base scanner:

http://www.scannerworld.com/content/product/model/ANT135BNC

As for purchasing my scanners, I use Scannermaster, they have the best selection, website, and service IMO.

It works great for me.

I have two new trunking scanners, a Uniden BCD996T used as a base unit, connected to a roof mounted Radio Shack Discone Antenna,

and a portable Uniden BC246T with a Diamond RH77CA antenna.

Both are Butel ARC software programmed- I can't imagine trying to set these up manually!!!

(I'm told that it can be done!)

Then I have two other older hand-helds, A Uniden BC120XLT, and a really, really old, Realistic Pro31.

I Scan with a Radio Shack digital trunking base Pro-2096. And of course my Minitor 5.

C,mon noone else wants to show off their scanner(s)? BUMP

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

i got a radioshack pro 96 and a radio shack pro 82

Using Radio Shack Pro-2051 & Pro-2032 both use stock antennas both get good signals down here by Glen Island in New Rochelle.

Glenn

BUMP. C,mon, I know more people here have scanners. I'm not asking you to do say what you scan, only what you scan with!

Mike

Pro2055-Home, Pro2051-Mobile, Pro97 w/Diamond RH77CA antenna-portable

Home scanner is a Radio Shack Pro 433 trunking scanner and portable is a Uniden BC246T trunking scanner, both programmed through Radio Reference with Butel ARC software.

I have a realistic pro 2020 (old)

Radio Shack 200 channell PRO 2037

Currently I have a Uniden 760XLT in the kitchen, scanning the local FD and EMS stuff. This seems to be less annoying for the rest of the family who only care to listen when something big is going down.

I have a couple of portable scanners a Uniden BS250D with the apco-25 card and a Radio Shack Pro 96 which I rescued from the trash last week. My uncle had thrown it away and told me he got it from another cop he works with and it was broken. Well 4 AA batteries and a new antenna and it works fine for me. I have been reading the manual I downloaded and think this is much easier to program than the BC250D.

I have used Butel Pro and Radio Reference, but still don't fully understand talk-grounds and trunking.

I have been considering a Uniden BCD996T for my car, but with the FREE po-96 may wait a while and see how this works. I did get an antenna for my car and it improves the range.

I also have boxes of old stuff out in the garage, I think a 210XL and several Motorola portables.

post-6632-1217467077.jpg

post-6632-1217467099.jpg