Followers 0
RWC130

Westchester County - Police Officer Exam # 60-006

9 posts in this topic

Westchester County

Police Officer Exam

# 60-006

Last Filing Date: 9/22/08

The list will be used to fill vacancies as they occur in the Westchester County Department of Public Safety and in all Westchester County Towns, Villages and the Cities of Peekskill and Rye.

http://www.westchestergov.com/csexam/exann...exams/60006.htm

i'm taking it.

i heard you can cross file w/rockland county, which is the same date...

true?

u can take as many as you want just pay the filing fees and put all the exam numbers on your answer sheet

bump:

From the North County News 8/13/2008:

"This exam is only given once every FOUR years, so those who want to be police officers must take the exam now, or wait until 2012 for the next one.

Those who take the test are put on a list in order of test score and the list is used to hire police officers as positions become open.

The Westchester County Department of Public Safety and all local police departments with the exception of Yonkers, White Plains, New Rochelle and Mt Vernon hire from this list."

How exactly do you crossfile? I thought you had to file the applications and then send Westchester County HR a letter telling them that you did and where you want to take the test?

Thats not true...during the academy your tested 2-3 times on the physical part you had to take for the physical portion.

I just filed for this exam, seeing as how i missed the last one. Didnt realize Rockland Co. is the same day or i would have cross-filed. The more tests you take, the more opportunities you may have.

If you cant pass the physical you are destined to be either in EMS or behind a desk!

The deadline to file an application is now a week away, Sept 22nd.

For those who may be interested,

"Westchester offers prep course for police exam".

"A course is being offered next month at Westchester Community College to assist people taking the civil service examination for police officer in Westchester County."

"The deadline to register for the prep course is Sept. 29."

LINK