Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hudson Valley Paramedics?

76 posts in this topic

In another thread, I read about Empire being rebranded as "Hudson Valley Paramedics"

I'm confused on many levels, and wanted to start a fresh thread to figure things out.

First, is Hudson Valley Paramedics a spinoff of Empire, Empire's new name, or a completly new venture?

Empire's history has been turbulent.......is there another new management team?

In another thread, I read about Empire being rebranded as "Hudson Valley Paramedics"

I'm confused on many levels, and wanted to start a fresh thread to figure things out.

First, is Hudson Valley Paramedics a spinoff of Empire, Empire's new name, or a completly new venture?

Empire's history has been turbulent.......is there another new management team?

Empire will cease to exist and be replaced by Hudson Valley Paramedics, Over the last few months a completely new managment team has come in with new philosophies and ways of doing things so to an extent it really is a new company and hence the name change.

Empire will cease to exist and be replaced by Hudson Valley Paramedics, Over the last few months a completely new managment team has come in with new philosophies and ways of doing things so to an extent it really is a new company and hence the name change.

Are they still affiliated with Emergency Ambulance(EAS) on LI?

I wonder if anyone can answer the question I asked in the other thread... how can you call a company "Hudson Valley Paramedics" when your ambulances don't have paramedics on them in many cases?

I wonder if anyone can answer the question I asked in the other thread... how can you call a company "Hudson Valley Paramedics" when your ambulances don't have paramedics on them in many cases?

I answer you by saying. NDP. Northern Dutchess Paramedics. I doubt they had a medic on their BLS ambulances.

Same way Northern Dutchess Paramedics did it when they branched out from fly car ops to transports....Unknown-2.gif

I answer you by saying. NDP. Northern Dutchess Paramedics. I doubt they had a medic on their BLS ambulances.

OK. So the answer is that just because someone else did it, it's acceptable. I can't wait until the first time I'm dispatched mutual aid to Hudson Valley Paramedics for a paramedic. :o

I really don't think you will be called in mutual aid, but in EMS anything can happen. The new team is dedicated and come from companies that they have ran a class act. The staff need the time to prove they can do it. Give them a shot. I only wish that we would use the old Hudson Valley Amb patches. I think I have come full circle.

Care to mention who this new management team consists of?

OK. So the answer is that just because someone else did it, it's acceptable. I can't wait until the first time I'm dispatched mutual aid to Hudson Valley Paramedics for a paramedic. :o

Does it also bother you when an ambulette bears the name of it's parent ambulance service? Not an ambulance, but has the name...

A name is just a name.

Frankly, the general public doesn't know the difference between "Paramedic" and "EMT" or "ALS" and "BLS". As long as the ambulance drivers show up they're happy! </bitter>

HAHA!! Yea, we're all "ambulance drivers" anyway.. :lol:

No "Glorified Taxi Drivers)

Isn't the reason (well one of them) that Northern Dutchess Paramedics changed to NDP was because they had the word "Paramedics" and were showing up on serious calls where they needed a medic and it was only a BLS bus?

HAHA!! Yea, we're all "ambulance drivers" anyway.. :lol:

I always liked being"Da Am-Bo-Lance Man"

The faces change the name changes. They fire everybody and move in inexperienced people who will work for less just to be called Captain. Nothing will change. Everybody will know it is just Empire by another name.

As mentioned Empire's history has been um "turbulent"

Most commercial ambulance services hit bumps in the road from time to time.

I also hear Empire State Ambulance has another new management team.

I would also like to hear WHO they are?

Let's give them a fair chance before we bash them!

Maybe things can get turned around?

I can say this from experience...

I have worked with the ESA Paramedics several times, I call 911 and they show up.

"turbulent" company or not the employees have always been PROFESSIONAL!

Correct me if I am wrong? I don't think Patient Care

has ever been compromised during the up's and down's

GOOD LUCK TO HUDSON VALLEY PARAMEDICS!

Isn't the reason (well one of them) that Northern Dutchess Paramedics changed to NDP was because they had the word "Paramedics" and were showing up on serious calls where they needed a medic and it was only a BLS bus?

If I remember correctly, NDP changed its name from Northern Dutchess Paramedics because they expanded out of just serving northern dutchess. After that the name didn't really fit anymore...

The faces change the name changes. They fire everybody and move in inexperienced people who will work for less just to be called Captain. Nothing will change. Everybody will know it is just Empire by another name.

Changing the name is just like putting Vinyl siding on a 100 year old house, It may look good from the outside but its just covering up all the problems on the inside.

The names of the new mang team:

Mike Witkowski VP/CEO; Worked HVA, MLSS, Regional, & if I recall NYS DOH (maybe mistaken about that one)

Joel Ingold is the DO; He is from Sloper & Beacon.

Anyways so far it has been no BS and everybody seems to be getting a fair chance.

We the working Medic have been doing our jobs. Lets give them the same to do their job and make the improvements. I think they can. Old name or old.

That is what a Medic that has returned to Putnam said to me the other day. He return to Putnam because of Joel.

Mmm... Maybe if they get their act together, I would consider going back. It was a good part-time lunch money job. I guess if they can get enough people to fill shifts so that you don't have to drive 60+ miles to do a 10 minute transport, it wouldn't be too, too bad.

Anyone know who all is still left there doing scheduling and dispatching?

Right, more often then not in the BLS areas such as Dover they operate under NDP EMS, too confusing and misleading the other way.

Dave, you have obviously been through this in the past too...LOL

Mmm... Maybe if they get their act together, I would consider going back. It was a good part-time lunch money job. I guess if they can get enough people to fill shifts so that you don't have to drive 60+ miles to do a 10 minute transport, it wouldn't be too, too bad.

Anyone know who all is still left there doing scheduling and dispatching?

Amy is still there! Scheduling is Bobby Rose (Nice Young Man and he is trying)_

They have changed the schedule a bit to make more medics available on the transport side as well as the 911 side.

Well, good luck to them. Joel is indeed good people; I worked under him at Sloper and he was one of the nicer administrators I have worked under in my career. I know quite a few of the Putnam medics who have gone through quite a few uniform changes just to cover the same area. They do a good job and I always hope for the best for them.

Didn't Joel become a DCSO Officer? OR am I thinking of someone else?

Didn't Joel become a DCSO Officer? OR am I thinking of someone else?

City of Beacon

If I remember correctly, NDP changed its name from Northern Dutchess Paramedics because they expanded out of just serving northern dutchess. After that the name didn't really fit anymore...

Very true Northern Dutchess Paramedics name is NDP EMS due to the expanded area of coverage, i.e. - Columbia County. If you have noticed alot of agencies do not put Paramedic on thier trucks any more...MLSS trucks use to read "PARAMEDIC UNIT". Now most of them read Mobile Life Support Services.