Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PVFD113

Future Firefighters

15 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this while in the hospital this week with my wife and newborn son. We have alot of different chats and forums going on here. We need to start a Future Firefighter forum where all us proud parents can boast about our new additions.

I do have to say, this is my first child--Never have I encountered a more amazing thing than child birth. And my wife--I cannot express how proud I am of her-- morning sickness till the last day, 15 hours of labor and then the C-section and never once complained. (screaming doesn't count).

Finally at 1927 hours on Tuesday July 29th Adam John Savino II (A.J.) was brought into this world weighing a whopping 10 lbs and measuring 22 inches.

He was almost a week late, and we were expecting to be around 9 or so--he fooled us !!!

I think he waited purposely. PVVFD has something--a work detail, drill, meeting every Tuesday--most often beginning at 1930 hours. He didn't want to be late for his first drill LOL

Okay--I am done gloating now!!!

post-128-1217837159.jpg

Edited by jack10562
added photo!

Congrats! There is NOTHING better than being a Daddy.

congrats to your new addition!

Congrats Brother!!! Be careful though, I was 10 lbs 24 inches long and thats how I got the nick name Moose!! lol

Best of luck to you and your family!!

HEY! Any Pictures??????

Congrats from another proud father. Start the college savings, feed him good, throw a baseball, football, whatever to him as soon as he can walk. Time flies so enjoy it while it lasts.

CONGRATS.. I am sure this kid will be spoiled rotten, by you and the rest of PVVFD/PVVAC.

So where is the 8x10 ??? No pictures yet...

Just what the FD needed another provider of NATURAL GAS :lol:

Edited by smwells

Congrats bro! Welcome to the world of little sleep and pure vulnerability!

Congrats and good luck, speaking from much experience, you'll need it. I have found that the hardest attribute to have as a new dad is patience. Its real hard to find and real easy to lose!

Joe

reagrding a post above, nothing beats being a dad, I think being a grandpa to 2 beautiful grandaughters is pretty darn great as well, c'mon some of you older guys chime in here! Congrats Chief. Be careful he may grow up to be a Chief and you will have to serve under him (which by the way is also a tremendous honor)

This is my 2 year old daughter Isabella, quickly approaching the "Terrible Twos" !! LOL

post-3032-1218115124.jpg

Congrats!!! I'm due in October...hope my little one isn't that big!! Glad to hear everyone is doing good. Speaking from experience, being a "firehouse brat" is the best!! Your "family" is always there for you. Best of luck with everything. I did see bunker gear (more like a set of overalls but looked good) somewhere for the wee little ones. If I come across it again I will post the info for ya!

Well A.J. is just over a week old and it just keeps getting better. I seem to have the calming effect so apparently that is the green light to dirty the diaper!!!

Moose--your daughter is beautiful--GOOD LUCK--I watched my niece and nephew go through that -- driving their parents insane. It is so well worth it.

1094--Best of luck to you. You are probably showing fairly well by now, the heat must be killing you!!! If you are going to et the epidural--make sure they get it right. Don't settle for close or almost!!!

Gerry--What can we say--under roundhead you serve!!! I hope A.J. lets me be as much of an influence in his life.

And to the rest of my family here. Thank you all so much for your kind words, messages, and encouragement. I am including the link to the thread started by Seth as well. I can't figure out how to combine the 2 posts!!!

Thank You all

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry145142

I don't know Adam. The worst that could happen is that AJ grows up and installs FiOS, no?!

Best of luck to you guys, see ya soon!