Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

IAFF Supports Obama

90 posts in this topic

Did the IAFF poll its members to see who the majority wanted to endorse? If not my hand would be cramped writing letters to as many union officials as I could.I dont see how a union as big as IAFF would blatenly disreguard the indivdual feelings of its members.

The simple answer to your inquiry about the IAFF polling it's members, that would be NO. They leave the decision on who to throw thier money (and my union brothers and sisters') behind to lobbyists in DC. I still feel that this is a travesty, but, the other part of it is that neither candidate seems to have what it takes to lead such an unstable economy and warped foreign policy to the right track. We are screwed either way. I personally think the country would be better off with McCain, but he definitely has no use for organized labor, while Obama says that he does. What to do? What to do???

JVC

Personally I think EVERY able bodied 18 year old should serve a minimum of 2 years in the military...right after high school and before college..no deferments...period. What a great equalizer that would be. Not to mention that the miltary DOES mature most people, and instills in them pride, responsibility and dedication in our country.

I have often heard the cliche that the military makes men and to a point I agree. What I don't agree with is relying on the military or anyone else to make men out of our kids. It is my job as a father to make a man out of my son and to teach him to he proud, responsible, patriotic and loyal. If this does not happen than I have failed as a father.

After watching Hiliary's speech I can only conclude that she will be back in 2012. Not once did she mention that she has any faith in Barack other than to say she supports him.

After watching Hiliary's speech I can only conclude that she will be back in 2012. Not once did she mention that she has any faith in Barack other than to say she supports him.

Man Hiliary is really turning into the guest who wont leave.

What to do? What to do???

Richard Pryor (in Brewsters Millions) may have the answer........Write in "None of the Above" on the ballot.

No American flag on lapel!

No hand over heart during National Anthem, Pledge Of Allegiance, or God Bless America!

Took the American Flag off of his Campaign jet! Whats next if he gets elected, changing the flag all together!

And three final words-

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA!

Need I say more!

Actually, you do need to say more. Despite whether your for McCain or Obama, can you seriously base your entire vote on his middle name? That to me is more scary than the prospects of either of these candidates winning the election.

(And about 1 minute of BASIC research will debunk your above statements.)

Sorry to hear about the IAFF's bad decision. I'm sure my Union (IBEW) will follow suit, as will most others. As for those who still believe that Dems are good for labor, and Republicans favor corporations, remember that Bill Clinton is a Democrat. He is a close personal friend of Don Tyson, the chicken magnate. Tyson Corporation is one of the largest employers of non-Union, minimum wage workers in its home state: Arkansas. As governor, Clinton kept Arkansas a "right to work" state, which simply means you can have the job without joining the union. Talk about anti labor!

And as President, didn't Bill Clinton support NAFTA? You would really have to see some of those maquilladores down there that sprang up as a result of NAFTA to believe some of the deprivations that American corporations are still capable of.

"Zenith loves me, this I know.....they sent my job to Mexico!

Bottom line? They are ALL full of s*** where politics are concerned. You just have to search your heart. BTW, I'm a long time registered Republican but I voted for Bill Clinton twice and Al Gore once. I don't necessarily toe the party line.

Edited by Stepjam

He doesnt wear a pin cause he's a POS. He is running for the damn Presidency of the United States! Thats our flag! He can go back to Indonesia! Ill bet my left nut he doesnt get elected.

And as President, didn't Bill Clinton support NAFTA? You would really have to see some of those maquilladores down there that sprang up as a result of NAFTA to believe some of the deprivations that American corporations are still capable of.

NAFTA was signed into law in 1994 by Bill Clinton.

Get your facts straight kid. He became a Muslim when he lived in Indonesia with his mother. His father was never a part of his life, not really that shocking either. You should take your anti-American idea's to Canada, preferably Quebec.

Get your facts straight kid. He became a Muslim when he lived in Indonesia with his mother. His father was never a part of his life, not really that shocking either. You should take your anti-American idea's to Canada, preferably Quebec.

You are correct, he did live in Indonesia for a time and I have deleted my incorrect post. In reguard to your comment that he became a Muslim, he is and always has been a christian.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/christian

Even if he was a Muslim, I know I would not have a problem with that. A close friend of mine practices Islam and he is one of the nicest guys I know. Muslims does not = terrorist or someone who hates this country.

You are correct, he did live in Indonesia for a time and I have deleted my incorrect post. In reguard to your comment that he became a Muslim, he is and always has been a christian.

Even if he was a Muslim, I know I would not have a problem with that. A close friend of mine practices Islam and he is one of the nicest guys I know. Muslims does not = terrorist or someone who hates this country.

Terrorists come from all religious or ethnic backgrounds; ie; Irish Republican Army or United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia (AUC) comes to mind. Doesn't mean that all Christians or Latinos are terrorists.

Edited by gamewell45

"Even if he was a Muslim, I know I would not have a problem with that. A close friend of mine practices Islam and he is one of the nicest guys I know. Muslims does not = terrorist or someone who hates this country."

It's funny though how so many Muslims were dancing in the streets on 9/11. Yeah they love this Country. To this day, not one Muslim nor Mosque has condemned the cowardly acts of their muslim counterparts on that horrific day. To hell with them all! Call me a bigot, I really don't care. I won't loose sleep, believe me. These skells brought it upon themselves, so if they feel targeted, oh well, go back and play in your sandbox.

Edited by moosecfd368
fixed quote tags

I don't want to sound harsh. It's nice that your passionate, but lets face the fact. Obama is a piece of crap who made his millions on a shady real estate deals with a now convicted felon who is married to an anti-American and who was married and had his children baptized by an anti-American. Don't even get me started about that America hating piece of garbage Joe Biden. That bottom feeder is an ardent hater of the military and will do anything to short change our troops.

The bottom line is that Obama is nothing but fluff. Hes a fantastic speaker who can say change about 4,000 different ways, but at the end of the day neither him nor biden offer any honest or logical plan for the future. They say a whole lot of nothing. And this whole "we arent taking a dollar from PACs or lobbyists" is a total lie - just take a look at any third party political reporting organization and you'll see there is money from big business, oil, massive unions, etc.

Look at the hottest issue - Iraq. Both Biden and Obama went out of their way to trash the "Surge" and General Patraious (remember when this was going on Obama HADN'T EVEN BEEN TO IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN!!!! How in the hell can you call yourself a candidate for president and not even visit the two central theaters of operation overseas?!?!). McCain on the other hand knows that war is not won in Washington. Give our boys the tools they need and take the handcuffs off - that's how you win a war and that's just what is happening. The data is overwhelming and clear that despite the prayers from Biden and Obama that our troops would fail they prevailed even when "their" elected representatives were slandering them on national TV. Thats a testiment to the strength of the American Military and more importantly American Sailors, Airmen, Soldiers, Marines and Coast Guardsmen.

And this doesn't mean i support or agree with everything McCain has to say but the fact is hes got the experience and credentials to be president.

Edited by Goose

"Even if he was a Muslim, I know I would not have a problem with that. A close friend of mine practices Islam and he is one of the nicest guys I know. Muslims does not = terrorist or someone who hates this country."

It's funny though how so many Muslims were dancing in the streets on 9/11. Yeah they love this Country. To this day, not one Muslim nor Mosque has condemned the cowardly acts of their muslim counterparts on that horrific day. To hell with them all! Call me a bigot, I really don't care. I won't loose sleep, believe me. These skells brought it upon themselves, so if they feel targeted, oh well, go back and play in your sandbox.

If you're a racist, so am I! We infidels are all going to hell!

Do some people even do the most basic of research before posting some of their "thoughts"?

Ask the believers in Jesus what happens to them in Indonesia. And where is the name Hussein in the bible, either book? Oh wait its not, but it sure is in the Koran!

Do some people even do the most basic of research before posting some of their "thoughts"?

Yes its called email from friends that’s all research most people do, and the scary thing is they actually believe these emails, and what’s even scarier is these people are allowed to vote.

I have officially become more dumb by reading this thread.

Everyone needs to get their facts straight about everything!

Yes its called email from friends that’s all research most people do, and the scary thing is they actually believe these emails, and what’s even scarier is these people are allowed to vote.

I have officially become more dumb by reading this thread.

Everyone needs to get their facts straight about everything!

I could not agree more!

I must once again say that I am very dissapointed to see the IAFF coice on whom to support for President. I have been an IAFF member for the last 9 plus yerars and up until 4 years ago was a supporter of the IAFF PAC. I regularly gave and was proud to do so. When the IAFF supported John Kerry, I stopped giving. I could not give money towards a PAC that supported a person who turned his back on men he served with in war.

With that being said, I am extremely upset with the IAFF support of Obama. In today's America we need an individual who will unite us and help up become a better country. The IAFF should have bit the bullet and supported McCain as he is what is best for the collective United States of America. Maybe not the best for labor, but the best choice given the two people running. He will continue the fight against terrorism, keeping our country safe. Additionally, he will not bargin with leaders of foreign countries who support terror.

The IAFF got it wrong both this election and in the last election. This year I will be sending my check and my vote to McCain!!!

I must once again say that I am very dissapointed to see the IAFF coice on whom to support for President. I have been an IAFF member for the last 9 plus yerars and up until 4 years ago was a supporter of the IAFF PAC. I regularly gave and was proud to do so. When the IAFF supported John Kerry, I stopped giving. I could not give money towards a PAC that supported a person who turned his back on men he served with in war.

With that being said, I am extremely upset with the IAFF support of Obama. In today's America we need an individual who will unite us and help up become a better country. The IAFF should have bit the bullet and supported McCain as he is what is best for the collective United States of America. Maybe not the best for labor, but the best choice given the two people running. He will continue the fight against terrorism, keeping our country safe. Additionally, he will not bargin with leaders of foreign countries who support terror.

The IAFF got it wrong both this election and in the last election. This year I will be sending my check and my vote to McCain!!!

What are you getting so worked up over?? What does it matter who the IAFF supports? most people are going to vote how they want to; only a moron would blindly vote without investigating all of the candidates backgrounds and positions and relying soley on the unions recommendation.

What are you getting so worked up over?? What does it matter who the IAFF supports? most people are going to vote how they want to; only a moron would blindly vote without investigating all of the candidates backgrounds and positions and relying soley on the unions recommendation.

Probably because he pays dues to the IAFF

Its staggering how many posts are on this thread by guys whose opinions carry no weight as they are not members of the IAFF. This would be like me commenting on a PBA thread, none of my business.

Its staggering how many posts are on this thread by guys whose opinions carry no weight as they are not members of the IAFF. This would be like me commenting on a PBA thread, none of my business.

You are absolutely right roof....my opinion here carries no weight, as I am not an IAFF member. So I will simply leave you with this. The IAFF has made it's choice and it shall reap what it has sown. You'll get what you deserve.

Cogs

Your 100% wrong roof; you post it here and it becomes everyone's business. It's fair game whether you or I like it or not. If its so important that only IAFF members only need to discuss it, then it belongs on a union website with a password.

If he's unhappy with his leadership recommending the wrong guy, then he should work to vote out those officers who supported the recommendation and work to put officers in the union who support his best interests.

but bil14ga, thats the point. The IAFF is a union first and foremost. They lobby politicians, support legislation and get behind politicians that best represent their needs. They are not there for teh betterment of the country. They are there for the betterment of the IAFF and their members through their gains. You as a citizen are suppose to vote based upon who you feel will do the best for the country in respect to your needs. Thats why the IAFF says this is who we suggest rather than you have to vote for him to maintain your membership. The IAFF will always go for a Democrat. The NRA will always back Republicans. The same applies to any group who's agenda happens to side with a specific party. This is not the IAFF abandoning its members. This is the IAFF doing its job and supporting the party that will most likely do the most for its causes.

Exactly, I am a dues paying member. I have an opinion and I have made it known what my opinion is.

Ok guys, this was a thread about the IAFF decision to support Obama, not intended to become a pissing match about delegate loyalties, campaign promises and arguments about IAFF members and non members. SO, as is usually the case this topic is here by closed. There is no additional constructive ideas and opinions being shared and this is a Firefighting web site anyway, so take your arguments about voting and campaigns to PM or E-mail please. Thank you.