Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SRS131EMTFF

Rye cruiser catches fire; officer hurt

10 posts in this topic

I was not on scene, however according to a very reliable source who was, the officer's injuries were far from serious and he was in good humor considering what happened.

Glad he is ok. And how many times do we have to ask law enforcment not to "play" with fire.

Edited by Bnechis

Maybe he was trying to live up to his last name.

Balls?????? That is great!

Hope Balls' elbow is better....

Balls?????? That is great!

Hope Balls' elbow is better....

Yeah all kidding aside it's good to hear the officer is doing well and able to joke about it.

Car was set up by TCD in Mamaroneck. We are trying to determine the exact cause, but the vehicle is really charred. We would like to see if it is a Ford or an aftermarket situation.

New Haven PD up here just got like 20 new cruisers, LED light package and quite a bit of other toys, all CV's, bout a week or so after they hit the road dispatch put out an all call to all officers with the new cars to pull the power plug on the "silver box" right rear of trunk. Not sure what that was all about, but makes me wonder if they knew of an issue like this one.

Great story, glad he is alright! Another not so common event!

Joe, as for the silver box, that may have had something to do with onboard MDT power supply if those cars have MDT's. I know that in the past they have had to unplug ones all over to reset the system during maintenance and such.

Ed is a great guy and I am glad to hear he will be fine. BTW... he comes from a long line of Balls!