Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

Port Chester new Engine 58

8 posts in this topic

From today's JN Legal Notices, the Village of Port Chester approved $500k for a new Engine 58 at their August meeting. If anyone knows who gets the bid, please advise.

FD171

I'm just curious if it was spec'd out with the end-user in mind- the single career firefighter who staffs it. Not trying to create any conterversy, just wanted to know if any of the spec's kept that in mind?

Great thought Seth, and a totally fair question. What kind of features does everyone think we would find on such a rig? I'm not familiar with what function these rigs serve (i.e. relay pumper, rescue, engine, etc.) Can anyone from those parts fill us in on what E-58 & 59 currently carry?

The specs were done by the paid staff. One of the members is a rig and truck collector. Alot of you will know who I am talking about. It will be a great rig that will serve them well. I am sure at some point he will fill you in with more info.

Dont forget Ang that the roof needs to be BLACK!

Thanks to the PC guys for the response.

While on the PCFD apparatus topic, what is the status of the delivery of the new E-62?

First vist last month to the plant, sometime in oct. I am told. great looking rig new engine 62 ;)