Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy98988

Who Pays for Your Cellphone..?

14 posts in this topic

This is a topic where i have been hearing more about lately. As an officer in your department (paid/volunteer) who pays for your cell phone.. does your department pay, or do you pick it up yourself? I've heard both, that some departments refuse to pay or even split the bill. Whats your opinions?

In my district, the 3 chiefs phones are paid for by the Fire District, the rest of the officers and members all pay for our own, unless, of course they have one thru their jobs, snd even then not that many jobs will cover them.

In my VAC, the three operations officers and three civil officers get reimbursed monthly for our cell phones.

In my Department the 3 chiefs are paid for by District as well we have Nextels in most of our apparatus.

Officers and Members pay for their own.

In my department all of the line officers from the chief down to the 4th lieutenant's nextel is all paid for by the fire district plus the 5 commissioners phones.

In my VAC, the Line Officers and the Chairman of the Board get a $50/month cell phone allowance. In our Fire District, just the (3) Chiefs get cell phones bought and paid for.

3 Chiefs Nextels are paid for by the District and we have a Nextel in our ambulance.

My old department had phones paid for by the chief and if any officers had phones it was the individual company's call if they wanted them to have them or not but it would have to be paid for by the company.

My current dept has one for car 1 our cheif but the assit cheifs have there own with no rebates

In vermont where i have a cabin the fire department issued radios to all active members and they use them like phones its kind of funny. All of a suddon you will here car 19 meet me at the gas staiton or things like that. Apperently they got a grant for radios and got 20 of them. for a small town of maybe 1000 residents all twenty active member got radios since all the truck were all ready had old raidos

The Officers of the VAC get a set Lump Sum (Not sure of the amount) at the End of the year. It is coming soon $$$

I'm sure alot of members MOMS pay the cellphone bills

And your point???????????

umm deffinatly not........dad does when im short $$$ :lol:

I dont get a cell phone from work. I pay for my personal phone

The truth is nowadays their is no reason why departments should pay for cell phone use. Cell phones are no longer a luxuary but a part of most peoples life.