Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

City of Poughkeepsie Fire Engines For Sale

13 posts in this topic

And some police cars.....DPW vehicles.......Light towers (I always wanted one or two of these for my FD)......a bus......impounded abandoned cars...........

Getchyou some;

Link to Firetruck page

I beleive one of these is the old PFD Engine 2...which has most likely seen THE most fire duty in Dutchess County.

I believe one of these is the old PFD Engine 2...which has most likely seen THE most fire duty in Dutchess County.

You are correct. The pictures of the engine labeled "3" are actually the previous engine 2. When we purchased our current engine 2, the old unit was designated engine 3 reserve. Of course, that was when we had our first due engines designated 1, 2, and 4. Currently we run first due engines 1, 2, and 3, with engine 4 as a reserve.

If you think we were confused, Dan can give you some incite on how dispatch handled it :D

If you think we were confused, Dan can give you some incite on how dispatch handled it :D

Some of resisted....Ok, just me, but I can appreciate the OLD SCHOOL PFD....my how times have changed.... ;)

How did an Alamo rig wind up in the impound yard? Even if it was wrecked, they would have dragged it back to the shop to be scavenged for usable parts.

How did an Alamo rig wind up in the impound yard? Even if it was wrecked, they would have dragged it back to the shop to be scavenged for usable parts.

I Beleive, but do not quote me on it, but that bus was donated by Alamo to the CPPD to use for wither ESU, CST, or something, but was never used.

I thought fire depts just gave away old fire trucks to friends and family.

The high bid now stands at $51 (1987 engine) and $30 (1990 engine). Thats like 4 T-shirts. The scrap metal alone is worth $10,000 - $15,000 each.

What ever happened with that? SWEPT UNDER THE RUG!!!

How old was the Alamo rig? I didn't see it on the page. Either way, it might be in better shape than some of the stuff they have on the road.

How old was the Alamo rig? I didn't see it on the page. Either way, it might be in better shape than some of the stuff they have on the road.

Not really, with 8 new ambulances and 3 more on the way the fleet is not bad at all.

What ever happened with that? SWEPT UNDER THE RUG!!!

I heard someone went from stars to bars. Is there any truth to that?

Brian I don't know about you but i miss engine 4.

You weren't in group 2. Open cab.......long drives........crappy brakes........makes for a long night.

I'll stick with the Gowans :D