Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Greenwich EMS Takes Paramedic Safety To A Whole New Level

19 posts in this topic

This is one of the BEST innovations I have seen in ambulance design in my life!

.........features Life Line's innovative Safety Concept IMS layout that places the most commonly needed supplies and equipment within arms reach of a seated paramedic

post-11-1226704097.jpg

(Photo by Eastford Fire And Rescue Sales)

I hope this becomes the new standard!! Kudos to Greenwich EMS, Eastford Fire & Rescue (the dealer), and Lifeline Ambulance (manufacturer)

More photos here:

More photos of Greenwich's Newest Ambulance

looks great hope they have the best of luck with it

I notice 5 point harnesses for the bench seat and the paramedic seat, but the crew chief chair is a standard seat belt?

Having seen Greenwich EMS in person ,they are so leading edge as far as life safety and technology that a lot of EMS should come and check out thier systems

Curious what is that white gadget to the right of the paramedic seat looks like a little drug scale Hahaha!

That's a LP-12 bracket.

I see one thing with this rig I don't particularly care for, and I see it on more and more ambulances.

STOP MOUNTING AIR HORNS ON THE CAB ROOF!

The NFPA knew how damaging it is to your hearing to have speakers and airhorns overhead, and that's why they were moved to the front bumper. Ambulances can (and should) put their air horns (not that I think they are needed in most cases) in the front bumper, which will help the hearing of crew members over time.

Other then that, a lot of neat concepts, good luck with the rig!

Interesting concept and something I'd be interested in seeing how ergonomical it is.

585 I'm with you also. Why exactly does an ambulance need air horns for exactly I don't know. I seemed to get around just fine with an electronic siren in them for years and the last thing I think is needed is another device that someone will be worried about making noise with instead of the other 400 decisions every second to get there safe.

The air horns aren't there for traffic warning....they were installed to keep the medic awake enroute to calls.

The air horns aren't there for traffic warning....they were installed to keep the medic awake enroute to calls.

No no no. They are activated by the dispatch console to wake up the medics when they get a call! Hahah, just kidding.

No no no. They are activated by the dispatch console to wake up the medics when they get a call! Hahah, just kidding.

Another reason to love fire based EMS...a bed and an alert system...lol. Problem is there are far to many nights where we don't get to see the bed all that often.

I like the idea, but the transverse compartment goes against one of the best advantages to a type 3 ambulance- if the patient in the back loses their s**t the attendant in the back has nowhere to go.. at least you have a securable passageway to the front if something goes REALLY wrong back there in a normally spec'd type 3.

The lower center of gravity comment on the manufacturers' website is retarded.. the backboard and misc. long supplies weigh maybe 300 lbs (incl. M O2 cyl)... not a huge difference. Perhaps the transverse could be engineered to be made at the rearward most lower compartment area behind the rear tires to be a little more efficient if they want to spec a compartment of that style. It's like advertising an "air bag deflator"- sounds good but does it truly serve the best purpose for the money?

You have to unbuckle if in the "medic seat" to make a radio report or switch channels.

The crew chief chair doubles as a child safety seat (which rocks)... that's why it doesn't have 5 point harnesses.

Air horns are for squads that need to compensate for something..

....which is why I spec'd 2 on our new ambulance (in the front bumper of course) :lol:

I really wish I had $130,000 to spend on an ambulance.. nice thought on the rig though

That's a LP-12 bracket.

What's an LP-12 ?

I don't know about you rich, but not many typical size adults and even fewer of us EMS folks can fit through those openings without some lard and a prayer.

LP-12 is short for Lifepack 12. Its an EKG monitor/Defibrillator made by physiocontrol. Probably the most common one around here in the northeast.

5 point harness looks neat would like feed back fro a medic to see if a medic can actually work with that on them ?

Is there a bench seat on the opposit side of the ambulance not pictured or is there not one at all? How would you tarnsport a second person?

Great idea,but now get the members to wear it.

AIR HORNS - For use when the 200 watt siren is not penetratating the "'new sound proof steel" of todays cars or getting the attention of the young adults driving with a 1000 watt sound system..

I would like to see this harness in use, to see if it impeds working on a patient. Our Corps is specing a new rig, it may be something to consider.

Edited by smwells

I notice 5 point harnesses for the bench seat and the paramedic seat, but the crew chief chair is a standard seat belt?

I imagine the five points are for the attendants riding sideways to the path of travel? They seem slightly restrictive of the provider. So where is the line draw between provider safety and patient care? If the 5 point harness was on a retraction system allowing some range of movement, it might be more functional.

In all the only real innovation I see is that the box is set up mirror image of what our Type I's are. Our action areas and benches look very similar so I'm not seeing the advantage? Of course I don't ride the short bus anymore either.

Edited by antiquefirelt