Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Wassaic 225 Returns to WFD!

176 posts in this topic

It's a shame to see such a beautiful piece of apparatus in such poor condition

well hopefully if everything goes well we can get her back to the glory days, time, $$$ and alot of dedicated work.

U got her back?

I came to an agreement with the guy last night, so I just need the blessings from our Company President for some paperwork, I spoke with our Chief and is ok with our plan, so as the signman says time will tell, I just need to find someone willing to help us out with getting her out of the lawn and back to Wassaic or was that Tinkertown road.

I came to an agreement with the guy last night, so I just need the blessings from our Company President for some paperwork, I spoke with our Chief and is ok with our plan, so as the signman says time will tell, I just need to find someone willing to help us out with getting her out of the lawn and back to Wassaic or was that Tinkertown road.

The Hyde Park location is fine To!!!!! You spoke to Jan I heard LOL I will help you all I can

Craig I am working on trying to get it towed, waiting to hear back from 36-C1.

Edited by markmets415

Craig I am working on trying to get it towed, waiting to hear back from 36-C1.

And as you know Iam working on a place to store and show her

And as you know Iam working on a place to store and show her

ok, man what more can we ask for THANKS!

Still waiting for word whether 36-C1 tow truck will be large enough to pull her home, hopefully we will know Monday evening

Here are some shots of the FWD in service.

post-16297-1228008683.jpg

And no that is not Eric Clapton on the right

post-16297-1228008675.jpg

Edited by markmets415

The latest is that we had a board of directors meeting this AM and it was decided before the truck can be taken back to her home it needs to be approved by the membership regardless if the company or us privately get her. The meeting is Thursday night so I will keep you posted.

The latest is that we had a board of directors meeting this AM and it was decided before the truck can be taken back to her home it needs to be approved by the membership regardless if the company or us privately get her. The meeting is Thursday night so I will keep you posted.

Why does it have to be approved if you buy it privately or are you guys buying for the company

Edited by JHK3605

The present owner will only give it back to the company at this point, kinda a long story that is better to tell you in person than here.

SO when you get it back is it gonna be painted blue?

Mark have him sign it over to the Explorer Post and I will explain the rest

:rolleyes: Yes, that would be the best way to do it. I agree. Thanks for your in put.

I will talk to you about this, when is a good time?

Tonight is the night whether the company wants to take her back, our meeting is tonight and the President wants me to bring to the membership, if they do not want it then we move onto plan B which is for me and the signman to obtain it privately.

It went well at our meeting last night, there were alot of older members that love this rig, so it was no problem getting the paper work needed to bring her home. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to post another set of pictures on her journey back to Wassaic.

Thanks to everyone that lit a fire under me to get this done.

It went well at our meeting last night, there were alot of older members that love this rig, so it was no problem getting the paper work needed to bring her home. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to post another set of pictures on her journey back to Wassaic.

Thanks to everyone that lit a fire under me to get this done.

:rolleyes: GOOD JOB MARK !!!! THANKS SIGNMAN. SCREW THE CAP LOCKS!!!! <_<

:rolleyes: GOOD JOB MARK !!!! THANKS SIGNMAN. SCREW THE CAP LOCKS!!!! <_<

Well I gotta thank you the Signman, you took me on the road trip and got this whole thing started.

i hate seeing old trucks put out to pasture to just rot. i'd love a chance to do a restore. once I do the move in march or april, i'll start looking with all the time i'll have on my hands

:rolleyes: GOOD JOB MARK !!!! THANKS SIGNMAN. <_<

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCREW THE CAP LOCKS!!!!
:lol::lol:

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol:

Well thats good news, I am here to help in anyway I can. Do me a favor DON'T paint it blue LOL

Well thats good news, I am here to help in anyway I can. Do me a favor DON'T paint it blue LOL

1950 Medium Mack Red is a nice color, and I know were you can get it :)

Believe it or not that was discussed, it will be painted RED.

1950 Medium Mack Red is a nice color, and I know were you can get it :)

OK, is that the color used on your 2 rigs??, that's just a wild guess. Craig you would not believe the interest in doing this project from the members, new and older guys, I think if we could have went and got it right after the meeting they would have went and got it.

So is the company going to own the FWD like the 1935 seagrave or is the FWD just owned by a couple of members?