markmets415

Wassaic 225 Returns to WFD!

176 posts in this topic

Leave a note on the dude's door

Wassaic FD WANTS their truck back LOL

Leave a note on the dude's door

Wassaic FD WANTS their truck back LOL

Add in some physical force <_<

Sad to see the truck in such shape. One question that I have regarding older trucks in general is I noticed that there seem to be spray paint dots around the tire walls. I've seen this quite a bit and have never known what they were there for. Can anyone shed some light on this for us younger guys?

Sad to see the truck in such shape. One question that I have regarding older trucks in general is I noticed that there seem to be spray paint dots around the tire walls. I've seen this quite a bit and have never known what they were there for. Can anyone shed some light on this for us younger guys?

We used to paint the diamonds and leattering on the side walls white, just for show, if this is what you meant???

post-16297-1227027569.jpg

Edited by markmets415

Yes thats exactly it. I wasn't sure what it was for, I've seen it quite a bit wasn't sure if it was just for show or they actually served a purpose. Thank you.

Yes thats exactly it. I wasn't sure what it was for, I've seen it quite a bit wasn't sure if it was just for show or they actually served a purpose. Thank you.

We used it for alittle more show when there wasn't much chrome. It actually looked very nice, we used to paint the tires black too, that product most likely is a toxic substance today. :o

Edited by markmets415

Mark, I am sure Jan would let me park it here. " NOT" but in the yard someplace. The lack of chrome is a good thing, when it comes to restoring. Most engine parts you will find at Prudents Auto parts, the electric is easy to redo and the rest is sanding and painting,

I have some extra lights and and wire for the siren. The seats and cab liner a guys down the road from me restores cars and can do it,

The brakes and tires will be the hardest, believe me. Al has this stuff what will loosen anything up

We are here to help and will have a place for you to display it

I forgot to ask hows the glass, and we could get some stuff off of the old 226. Plus I like the bumper better red, as for your blue, you could paint all your hand tools ( Giants Blue ) heeee

Iam here for you brother

:huh: Mark, you started something now!!!! HA HA :rolleyes:

Hey you know me I am a finisher.

Hey you know me I am a finisher.

Mark if had a bigger garage or any, I'd restore everything I could, Jan may not like it . LOL

Well make it bigger, you may need to get another part time job also.

Mark have you heard anything

Sad to say guys I have called several times, different times, different days, no luck. I did speak to the guys dad the other day as well as the day we went there and he said he would pass it to his son. I guess the owner isn't interested it moving it.

Edited by markmets415

Sad to say guys I have called several times, different times, different days, no luck. I did speak to the guys dad the other day as well as the day we went there and he said he would pass it to his son. I guess the owner isn't interested it moving it.

Keep pushing, thats how we ended up with the ladder truck

Craig I am on vacation this week and will keep trying and maybe take a trip back to Beekman, maybe we can enlist 34-1 for some help????? you out there Beekman?

<_< Just keep pushing mark !!! you never know!!! Keep calling an knocking!!!! If not ,we'll call for TONY. ha ha ha :-) :lol: Later.

Just gets me pissed, if he doesn't want to move then just call back and tell me!!!! :angry:

Edited by markmets415

I finally got him on the phone , it looks good it may be coming home.

Edited by markmets415

Take it home and put it in your driveway Mark, your wife would'nt mind.....Good luck.

Ask Uncle Craig.... They do mind :lol: :lol:

Ask Uncle Craig.... They do mind :lol::lol:

place it in 36-C1s driveway then :lol:

It is going in Dan's driveway he volunteered.

It is going in Dan's driveway he volunteered.

Robin will love that

I finally got him on the phone , it looks good it may be coming home.

Awesome! Good things to hear!! Good luck with it!!

Not as much as Andrew will! :lol:

Just keep him away from the mold :blink: