Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Happy Birthday RES20CUE!

19 posts in this topic

I just wanted to wish RES20CUE a happy 38th birthday!!

Ed is the Chief of the Montrose/Hudson Valley VA FD's, former Chief of Somers FD, and is currently serving in Afghanistan.

Happy Birthday Ed and many more. God Bless and be safe!

Happy Birthday, Chief!!!

(Oh, and by the way, for anyone who hasn't heard, Chief Byrnes is back Stateside as of last week!!)

I just wanted to wish RES20CUE a happy 38th birthday!!

Ed is the Chief of the Montrose/Hudson Valley VA FD's, former Chief of Somers FD, and is currently serving in Afghanistan.

Here is Ed's email sent to some of us on Nov. 8th. Hope ya don't mind Eddy. Welcome back and Happy B'day. Good to see ya at the Yorktown job. Only thing is Ed needs to have some driver training again. You guys can ask him that one LOL :P

Hi All,

Well, I finally made it home! After 12 days of traveling, demobilizing, and processing, I'm finally back at home.

I left Kabul on Monday, 10/27 and headed to Bagram, Afghanistan where I stayed until the 29th. From there I flew to Kuwait, made a quick stop in Ali Al Salem, then to Arifjan where I was until November 5th.

I flew for 14 straight hours, finally landing in Washington DC, then a quick flight to Norfolk, VA. I left Norfolk, late the next day and landed in Providence, RI at about midnight.

Stephanie drove up and met me there. We then drove to Newport for my final processing. We arrived back here in Somers at about 1PM this afternoon.

The whole journey, starting back in November of 2007, was long, tiring and challenging. Not to mention the people who were out there trying to kill us! There were many things that I will definitely not miss, nor wish to do again! As with any journey in life, there are some great folks and experiences that you encounter along the way, that you will cherish and miss!

Even though I am home, I will still be on Active Duty until December 11th. I have to "burn up" all of my earned leave days, before I can officially transfer back to reserve duty. I'll most likely be spending the next few weeks, trying to put my "old life" back together!

I truly want to thank all of you that supported me and Stephanie through this ordeal, you are great!

Ed

Welcome Home Chief! Happy Birthday. MVFD is thankful that you made it home safe and sound. While you were gone, SFD has keep up the "tradition" of aquiring new Stations. BTW , who wants a "Swamp" sign?

Welcome home, Chief and Happy Birthday. Glad to see you made it back home okay. Thank you for your service.

Duane

Wewlcome home, Ed!! Happy Birthday, and may you enjoy many happy returns of the day!!

Happy Belated Birthday Chief...... Been a little busy around here doing your Job! :P

Happy B-Day to Ed and Moose too

:D:D happy birthday ed and thank you for serving are country.the best birthday present for you I bet is being back home.I'm glad to know you made home safely.

Welcome home, Ed.

Glad you got back in time for the holidays!

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the well wishes, etc., etc.

No, I don't need additional driver training! However, I think plenty of others need to be reminded where to park thier POV's and Chief's Cars! I do have to remember that the wet stuff that falls from the sky happens around here- and it softens the ground a bit! At least I didn't need a tow!!

Edited by RES20CUE

I hope you had a Happy Birthday Brother!

Glad you are back home safe.

:D

Welcome back Chief!!! The camels may be sad to see ya go, but we're happy to have you back. Happy birthday...look forward to seeing you around, k.