Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

Its not even cold yet!

18 posts in this topic

Already in the month of Nov several multiple alarm fires have occured throughout the NY Metro area,Even a Firehouse burnt down in NY. 80Eng/23 Trk had a fire last night had a working fire in their quarters. 2 Working fires in MV in 4 nights,is this a sign of what is in store for us this winter? The economy, foreclosures,etc - does this already come into play? Think Fire because the season is here and be safe!

There have been several structure fires in Dutchess within the last few weeks, hopefully this is not the trend but you are correct, we have been saying all fall that if things got worse with the economy that this winter was going to very very busy for us in the emergency services.

A lot of people burning wood (green) that never has because of what oil prices were? Ashes not going where they belong ie cardboard box in a garage??

Ashes not going where they belong ie cardboard box in a garage??

Not once but twice in two days. :o:blink:

Luckily, I do not think it will be AS BAD as we excpected back in the summer when fuel oil prices hovered above 4/gallon.

I anticipated many structure fires, CO emergecies, etc....desperate times call for depsperate measures...

It has been a very busy past couple of weeks. I hope this doesn't last any longer then it already has. Stay safe everyone!

It has been a very busy past couple of weeks. I hope this doesn't last any longer then it already has. Stay safe everyone!

Especially if it gets cold like below zero

We not getting nuttin here in Vestal, Last fire was a chemmy 3 weeks ago LOL

Theres been a few workers in the county past month

We not getting nuttin here in Vestal, Last fire was a chemmy 3 weeks ago LOL

Theres been a few workers in the county past month

We should probably count our blessings; everytime we get called out means someone is having some sort of grief. Even tho' its not realistic, it would be nice to go months without any calls.

We should probably count our blessings; everytime we get called out means someone is having some sort of grief. Even tho' its not realistic, it would be nice to go months without any calls.

That old guys saying :P The old guys at the station say that too

It is true but us young guys need action :P

That old guys saying :P The old guys at the station say that too

It is true but us young guys need action :P

Get a girl. ;)

Get a girl. ;)

Ahhh the voice of reason.

Yes, there are plenty of us who want some "action" if only to sharpen our skills. Only so much training and drilling you can do.

However, with the past few cold snaps, and people living in buildings with inadequate/no heat, I anticpate a busier than normal winter.

Nobody wants to see someone lose everything, but I gotta feeling there are gonna be a lot of departments running around.

My Dept. In Dobbs Ferry just caught a fire in fire place mantle. Caught it going up the mantle before it got farther up into the walls.

Edited by ENG47INE

My Dept. In Dobbs Ferry just caught a a fire in fire place mantle. Caught it going up the mantle before it got farther up into the walls.

Yeah, Ryan, I heard that GREAT Job by DFFD!!! Nice Stop, guys!!!

Yeah, Ryan, I heard that GREAT Job by DFFD!!! Nice Stop, guys!!!

Thanks Chris

My Dept. In Dobbs Ferry just caught a a fire in fire place mantle. Caught it going up the mantle before it got farther up into the walls.

Dang, Glad ya'll got it in time

Yea we were glad too it was a big house.

Its cold now and yes the Fires have been happening, Over the weekend In MV the incoming crews found a 2 1/2 story 3 family house. Heavy fire in the basement with extension vertically. With the obvious signs of a basement fire (blowing out upon arrival) the IC ordered that nobody goes in. The 1st due truck co. from the front porch determined that the floor in the entrance to the house was indeed burnt away. As mentioned before on many posts from many of us it is a priority to recognize a basement fire, review basement fires. Use the TIC to help identify high heat on the main floor. This could have been a bad situation but because of the fact that crews and the IC were aware of the involved basement fire word was sent out not to enter. Most of the fires in dwellings in MV are in older type balloon construction homes. In northern areas of the ny metro area many of the newer constructed buildings are light weight construction and will burn quicker and fail quicker. Know your construction in your community! Be Safe.