Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Brooklyn - L-103 Serious apparatus MVA More info

16 posts in this topic

im Glad to hear everyone is going to be ok. Anyone hear what happened?

Edited by DOC22

They were on their way to a car fire when the accident occured. PS, as of this post, the bus driver is still MIA.

Bus driver is MIA? What he/she do run off somewhere?

Edited by dave27

I especially LOVE how all the newspapers slant it "FDNY Firetruck SLAMS Into Bus"

You will never see "Bus SLAMS Into FDNY Fire Truck"

I especially LOVE how all the newspapers slant it "FDNY Firetruck SLAMS Into Bus"

C'mon, its the fire service, for us it is guilty until proven innocent in the eyes of the press/politicians/public....

This link has video showing the driver on a board;

LInk to Daily News

Love the comments too...

Originally, they couldn't find the driver, when I called to check on the members from 103, I was told the driver was still MIA, my apologies for the erroneous report.

I hope everyone has a speedy recovery. On another note... The comments in that video are a real pisser.

The comments are rather amusing I also like the way they all claim its the FD's fault. We'll see Hope a speedy recovery to all the brothers involved.....

From the looks of the pictures on the news, it appears that's exactly what happened....the bus hit the truck. Damage was to the front of the bus and the side of the cab of the truck. Maybe I'm wrong, but it certainly appeared that way.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for all involved.

They were on their way to a car fire when the accident occured. PS, as of this post, the bus driver is still MIA.

it might sound silly to some but is it usual to respond a ladder truck to a car fire

it might sound silly to some but is it usual to respond a ladder truck to a car fire

Depends on the road... I've heard some departments take a ladder on, probably primarily for blocking I would imagine. Yonkers I believe is one.

Mike

maybe the engine was out on another run?????

Not silly at all George. FDNY protocols state an Engine and Ladder are to be assigned to any reported car fire on the street. The most important reason is for the ladder to block traffic to keep the members safe. Prior to a firefighter being struck by a car and killed in Queens a number of years ago, it was only a single Engine response.