Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ach67-1A

"Spy shots" Woodstock (Ulster) L67-17

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys just wanted to share some shots of our newest piece of apparatus. We have never had a ladder so this is all going to be a big learning expirience. We hope to have it in service at some point this year(09) as it will take a lot of training. It is an 1983 85' Mack/LTI. Once we get it all waxed and the weather is decent ill get it outside for some better lit shots.

l2.jpg

l1.jpg

l3.jpg

The rig was purcahsed off of Long Island correct? Was it Lido-Point Lookout FD's old rig?

Yes it came off the island. But not from point lookout. It came from Lawrence -Cedarhurst. Unit #325

Point Lookout-Lido's rig was a single-axle Aerialscope.

Did L-C paint the rims on this rig, or did Woodstock? They used to be the same color as the rest of the truck. Looks good, anyway.....glad to see it getting a few more good years of use, instead of rotting away somewhere, or getting scrapped. Best of luck with it!

I can only imagine the mutual aid that it will run up here... it's been long overdue for a company to get one in the battalion. It's pretty sad when fire departments on the 28 corridor have to wait for a truck coming from Margaretville or Town of Ulster!

I've seen this truck and it sure looks nice (aside from slime- but I have a feeling it'll ripen ;) ). I like the fact that everyone will be throughly trained before it is put in service as opposed to jumping in unprepared. I know you guys took delivery in September (or even before) and are still training which is a great thing. God forbid someone didn't know how to switch from bucket power to turntable power at a fire or something :P

Best of luck and I'll have to come down and harrass you guys some time and take some superbuff pics!

Point Lookout-Lido's rig was a single-axle Aerialscope.

Did L-C paint the rims on this rig, or did Woodstock? They used to be the same color as the rest of the truck. Looks good, anyway.....glad to see it getting a few more good years of use, instead of rotting away somewhere, or getting scrapped. Best of luck with it!

We painted the wheels. The green paint that was on em was hurting. We tried white first and it looked terrible so we went with the black. We have chrome lug and hub covers on the way. We would really like to paint it red but it just isnt worth it. The green is in good condition on it and the estimates to paint it were in the area of what we paid for the truck to begin with. Rich any time you want to take some shots or visit the station just shoot me a pm and we can meet up. Same goes for any one that will be in the woodstock area just let me know. Also I just want to send a big thank you out to wfd member John Greener. He is a former lcfd member and he was the man that got this deal rolling.

Mike

Edited by Ach67-1A

Sorry for the double post...

this is a pic from the night we brought it home. As you can see it still has the green wheels and the bent front bumper. On a side note.. Andy, not sure if you would remember but i used to be woodstock firefighter on the old code 3 board.

0723080018.jpg

Nice looking rig, looks to have been well taken care of, good luck with it and I love the color, you guys knew that one was coming. :blink:

Edited by markmets415

Yes it came off the island. But not from point lookout. It came from Lawrence -Cedarhurst. Unit #325

Thanks, I couldn't remember where it came from. All I know it was from one of the few "slime-lime" departments. Now their trucks are ripening!!!:D

The rig was purcahsed off of Long Island correct? Was it Lido-Point Lookout FD's old rig?

Point Lookout-Lido old truck is now being used by Hempstead FD truck co. 1

Nice looking rig, looks to have been well taken care of, good luck with it and I love the color, you guys knew that one was coming. :blink:

Of course it was taken care of,..its a Mack CF! :lol:

That's AWESOME! I've never seen a Mack CF rearmount TL before.....definetly unique! Thanks for sharing the photos.

That's AWESOME! I've never seen a Mack CF rearmount TL before.....definetly unique! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Couldn't have said it better Seth. Best of luck to all the guys up in Woodstock with her!

-Joe DA BUFF

nice looking rig needs some sun :lol:

Nice truck, are you planning on keeping it yellow or is it going to be repainted eventually?