Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DFC278

3rd Alarm 16 Hurlihe St. Poughkeepsie , 01/05/09

26 posts in this topic

Here are a few shots from my camera of todays fire. ( credit to Asst.Chief Roy Hall of Roosevelt FD for some of the pics )

Photo#1

post-1241-1231207124.jpg

Chief looksl ike a good job by your Dept as usual..How many units affected?

Edited by tdc202

Photo#8 (last one for me )

post-1241-1231208631.jpg

Chief looksl ike a good job by your Dept as usual..How many units affected?

A total of eight units were affected with 2 suffering heavy damage.

What happened, first two picks look like you guys had a good jump on this one?

Nice shots Roy/Chief..... Can't beat first due ;) Here's a link to some video of overhaul :( Nothing special but I figured I'd share..... I might post some HI (Human Interest) shots later...

Here's the link to the video: http://www.vimeo.com/2735199

What happened, first two picks look like you guys had a good jump on this one?

SOUNDED like it got ugly fast.....

GREAT job by the PFD.....The City cuts 4 guys and still no injuries and the building stands.

Nice shots Roy/Chief..... Can't beat first due ;) Here's a link to some video of overhaul :( Nothing special but I figured I'd share..... I might post some HI (Human Interest) shots later...

Here's the link to the video: http://www.vimeo.com/2735199

Nice Video Bill, and please do post the HIP.

"What happened, first two picks look like you guys had a good jump on this one?"

We could only get 1 handline in operation as the rest of the crew was searching and venting.In a short time the fire over took the first line and I had to withdraw them. You can only do so much with 10 people. It does get frustrating for all.

Edited by DFC278

10 guys, thats just ridiculous. Its good to see everyone came home in one piece. Good luck guys.

Thanks to the PFD for a quick response. My girlfriend lived there with her room mate who owned it. She was in the place when it caught, not sure how it caught but it originated in her room mate's room. Thank god she and everyone else was ok, when it caught, after she called 911, she went and woke up the guy downstairs who works nights and got everyone else out so thanks to her, no one was hurt. If anyone has any video or any more pictures worth showing, id appreciate it, my email is toastedsound@mac.com. Thanks again to everyone who responded, unfortunately her place was destroyed but the other units were basically saved.

Hey Tony, just found out it was your GF's place not but an hour ago. If you need anything, let me know!

Thanks man... it sucks big time, her roomate (who actually owns it) is in the cayman islands with her dad on a cruise until saturday so she doesn't even know yet. They have no way to get a hold of her. My girlfriend has been basically living with me for months so most of her stuff is at my place already, but her roomate lost everything.

Oooohhhhhhh THAT sucks!

This looks like a text-book definition of a "good stop" ... given the initial involvement and good utilization of limited resources.

Tony,

Same thing goes for me, you know where to find me.

Here's a couple of shots that I took. I arrived as x129K was advising cmd of the 20 min marker.

Fairview's 41-11 FAST team is put to work upon arrival

post-3499-1231478144.jpg

Photounit caught in action

post-3499-1231478292.jpg

City FF operating on the A side of the building

post-3499-1231478382.jpg

City Lt. coming off the roof

post-3499-1231478465.jpg

Side A of the structure

post-3499-1231478570.jpg

FF's operate after command calls for a deffensive operation

post-3499-1231478767.jpg

Edited by FFD941

The roof team clears the roof

post-3499-1231479026.jpg

Nice pics thanks for sharing

Justin - the picture of Lt. Levin descending Ladder 1 is one of my favorites of all time. If you know Eric - that picture captures his personality 100 percent. It exudes "ghetto fire officer"....

chief

thanks for clearing up the manpower situation--it makes a difference--from the first pictures it does look like it could be handled ,but the shortage of manpower makes things difficult.

Every one went home safe to their loved ones and THAT is the most important thing

Justin - the picture of Lt. Levin descending Ladder 1 is one of my favorites of all time. If you know Eric - that picture captures his personality 100 percent. It exudes "ghetto fire officer"....

Dan you are %100 correct and the picture is much clearer in it's original format.