Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Somers Fire Department New 80-B-2

33 posts in this topic

We just got it yesterday. It a new paint scheme than our other two. It is white over red. I'll have some pictures later on today.

I believe it is being sold. It is listed as surplus now.

Not as good a photographer as some other members here, but here we go.

Somers FD took delivery of a 2008 Ford E-450, Type III, PL Custom Medallion 170.

Photos by JM15

Portugal-dad-80b2219.jpg

Portugal-dad-80b2217.jpg

Portugal-dad-80b2213.jpg

Portugal-dad-80b2207.jpg

The View from the back

Portugal-dad-80b2196.jpg

Powertronics

Portugal-dad-80b2190.jpg

JM15, great shots and thanks for sharing them here! I love the new scheme...but just out of curiosity, any reason behind the change??

nice rig, you can't go wrong with a PL, thanks for sharing the pictures

Looks like a nice rig I was gonna say where's the elephant but then I saw it on the door.

nice looking rig good luck with it

That's a handsome vehicle!!! may it provide you with many years of great service!!! Nice pictures, Jon!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Nice rig, thanks for sharing! Good luck with the new rig!

Got pics of the exterior compartments?

Good luck with it. I've always said to some of my friends from Somers that if you look at the number ID on their buses with the font they use that 80B2....looks like BOBS with a backwards "s"

As requested compartment shots....

Photos by JM15

80b2022.jpg

80b2007.jpg

THey are very useful for patent removal on unlit paths, walkways etc.

survivor lights in an ambulance, 5 no less?

Its amazing how different two worlds can be. I've started IV's with a pen light in my teeth and intubated by the light of a Fire Lt's box light. All though, I have a great spot light in the truck that when it works does a great job waking snoozing bosses.

Any reason not to have survivor lights on it? Nice to see that you have more then just 1 or 2.

Where's the hydra ram? Nice to see the hooligan...but if you ever get a chance..get a real Halligan and not that "thing."

Tell me noone else thinks that the unit number when looking at it quick looks like it says "Bobs." I know you do..come on admit it. lol.

Where are the survivor lights?

12th picture down just to the right of the cabinet. It is yellow and is kinda tilted. Hard to see but its there.

Although I am not totally familiar with all of the SFD apparatus--I did notice on this one the catchy little phrase on the side under the department name. How long have you been using that? I have not noticed it on any other peices. Sounds silly--but I do have my reasons for asking.

12th picture down just to the right of the cabinet. It is yellow and is kinda tilted. Hard to see but its there.

I see it now, thanks

Although I am not totally familiar with all of the SFD apparatus--I did notice on this one the catchy little phrase on the side under the department name. How long have you been using that? I have not noticed it on any other peices. Sounds silly--but I do have my reasons for asking.

Looks like copyright infringement to me!