Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Dutchess County Weekend, Who's Going?

22 posts in this topic

How many Dutchess County FF on this site going to the annual county weekend in Montour Falls? March 13, 14, 15

All signed up. Looking forward to it. Always a great time.

What classes being offered this year?

All signed up. Looking forward to it. Always a great time.

Translation; "Always a learning experience.." :P:P

What classes being offered this year?

Will we be sending folks Chief?

:lol: JET do you remember this " Oh little tree please be strong " ???? LOL That was some fast, cold moving water ....... :rolleyes:

I will be there i am taking aircraft rescue/firefighting. The classes being offered are Strategy and Tactics, F.A.S.T, Aircraft Rescue/Firefighting, Legal Issues and im not sure about the fifth.

Hate to miss it but this year it is the same weekend as the company dinner. I may have to blow that off to take Strategy and Tactics though. Montour is a better learning environment than locally, even at DC weekend

where do you sign up to take the classes ??? need to sign up at least 5 ff to go .. and 2nd thing does anyone know if a FAST team class will be held there ???

where do you sign up to take the classes ??? need to sign up at least 5 ff to go .. and 2nd thing does anyone know if a FAST team class will be held there ???

According to a few posts above the FAST class is being offered. As with any class you need to have a Chief Officer or Training Officer sign you up. I am not sure if this is being done at DC911 or they have to do it at the NYS Fire Academy in Montour Falls? Any of the posters that are going have this answer

F.A.S.T is being offered along with,

Strategy and Tactics

Aircraft Firefighting/Rescue

Legal Issues in the volunteer fire service

The fifth im not sure on but it is a class room class, i think its highway safety but not positive

The Fifth class is Health Officer...or something to that effect but if you are looking to sign up your cutting it close. I believe you fill out a State Training form like you would for any other class and submit it to 911

And the prereq for FAST is FF1 or equiv and FF Survival

Registration forms were due January 15th. They are usually pretty stern about the deadline but you can try.

Millerton is sending 6 members this year, the usual crowd. Is there official word out as to who is in what course yet?

Edited by FiftyOnePride

Chelsea is sending 12

Yes I want to go visit the little tree next to the river....maybe it's stronger now

Has anyone else found out what class they have? We found out ours as Chiefs council tonight.