Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

ID This Handlight Please?

29 posts in this topic

Hmmmm. I've clicked it a bunch of times and it goes right to it for me....???????

Firefox here too:

Secure Connection Failed

fdphotounit.smugmug.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for a248.e.akamai.net

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

After going through and accepting an exception to the certificate (I remember Bill saying something about having problems with the certificates a couple months back) I viewed the photo you are referring to Dan. Not quite sure what light it is, doesn't seem familiar to me!

10-4 K........

Heading home now if anyone can figure it out - thanks.

Also if anyone has one - looking for feedback.

TTT...............PFDFF? Clipper? Looking for feedback.

Dan thats not me but I have the same light. Can't remember the model off the top of my head. Im working tonight, I ll give you a call when I get in. Oh and i love the light don't go anywhere without it...

Mahopac has been using the Power Plus lights for at least 15 years now. They are lighter and less bulkier then Streamlights. FDNY usues the same type light

Edited by EJS1810

Advanced Lighting.

Something you carry ????

Folks might want to consider having a few Class-1, Div-1 lights on hand for those rare occasions where an explosive gas-air mix might be encountered, such as what could be expected during an "inside gas" call. We don't want our equipment possibly igniting that.

Love the light. I have been using it for about 6 years now and it is still hanging in there. Battery is still original and is holding a great charge. Definitely can take a beating.

Folks might want to consider having a few Class-1, Div-1 lights on hand for those rare occasions where an explosive gas-air mix might be encountered, such as what could be expected during an "inside gas" call. We don't want our equipment possibly igniting that.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I always wonder if we can ever be safe from the unseen ignition source. Our FD makes every attempt to monitor the atmosphere where we believe there's a chance of reaching the LEL. From what I've been told there's a lot to maintaining intrinsically safe status of class 1 div. 1 certified product. Most light manufacturers likely will not stand behind a light thats been used for fire service use as there's almost no way they could guarantee the unit has been properly maintained.

Also, with the advances in electronics today, eliminating ignition sources in a house? Right! All the capacitors, switches, auto controls, etc would make this nearly impossible, even with cutting the power at the street. How many people have computers with clean power battery back-ups? Then once you've done everything, might you cause a static spark with non-rubber soled boot/shoes or rubbing against something?

My point is making entry into a potential explosive atmosphere takes thinking well beyond flashlights. How about your radios? Cell phones? Of course you could run in an attempt to get inside where it's too rich to ignite, but that's not recommended either I guess.

"I think this is "the best fiyo fighta evo"...

But I thought Burke was....I'll never tell him.

Thanks for the info all...looking around for when Obama sends us out stimulus! LOL!

And ALL of the PFD are the bestest...just ask Bike 1! AAAhhhhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ok! I ordered one....

The NIGHTSABER AL5000..because it has a removeable strap.

Burke - I went the route you suggested - so I will be bugging you when it comes in!

It might be the same light that a guy I know has one and it is bright

I have one, for about 8 years, NEVER had a problem with it, holds a good charge.

POWER PLUS

advanced lighting co. Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

you can buy direct , and cheaper then $160.00 from all hands.

I have one, for about 8 years, NEVER had a problem with it, holds a good charge.

POWER PLUS

advanced lighting co. Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

you can buy direct , and cheaper then $160.00 from all hands.

Thanks - good to know!

I bought the light only, and will be stealing a charge from the best firefighter EVER.....68-3 :P

Yesss, yesss, I know, I have no life, lol!!!

Well, Nate, at least you admit it!!!!HAHAHAHA Sorry, but you left yourself WIDE open for that!!!!