Followers 0
SageVigiles

FBI Involved Shooting in Bridgeport, CT

12 posts in this topic

Police raids, man shot in Bridgeport

WTNH

Kent Pierce

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/news_wtnh_bri...at_200902040916

FBI, Bridgeport PD (Including their SWAT team) and possibly CSP executing multiple search/arrest warrants in Bridgeport at multiple locations. In one raid, on McKinley Avenue, a FBI Special Agent accidentially discharged his weapon, injuring a suspect. Several suspects have been arrested, CT State Police Major Crimes and Internal Affairs are handling the investigation of the shooting (apparently it is FBI policy to have an outside agency investigate an Agent-Involved Shooting.)

oops. Well at least he shot the bad guy and not a fellow officer.

Lets hope its a bad guy, if it was an innocent by-stander then there is going to be more than a little bit of hell to pay......

The end of the article has a very interesting line:

The operation was so big, the street in front of the Bridgeport FBI office was turned into a parking lot for all the vehicles and agencies involved.

Edited by bvfdjc316

That is true!!!!But now this bad guy is going to sue and get lots of money!!

Lets hope its a bad guy, if it was an innocent by-stander then there is going to be more than a little bit of hell to pay......

It says right in the article that it was a suspect.

Police geared up and went after drug suspects in a massive sweep on the streets of Bridgeport, where police say one suspect was unintentionally shot during the raid
Edited by texastom791

A shooting in Bridgeport, no say it ain't so!!! LOL At least it was a cop shooting this time!

Anyone else having problems with the link?I can't get to the story for some strange reason

Anyone else having problems with the link?I can't get to the story for some strange reason

Just go to WTNH.com and look for the new link on the main page. Its easier.

It says right in the article that it was a suspect.

Just because someone is a suspect, does not mean they are guilty, nor that they are a "bad guy".

What if you were in the wrong place, at the wrong time (hanging out with some friends) and this went down. You are arrested or detained as a "suspect" until you are found to not be one. Doesn't mean you are guilty of anything other than; being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I know what you mean, and chances ARE that they were involved somewhere, but never assume...

I'd imagine that they name the person a "suspect" because he or she was named in the warrant. Other than that, almost anyone is considered to be a suspect in a tactical entry (more or less, as you never know who is good and bad, I'm not saying you arrest everyone necessarily, but you treat everyone as if they could be hostile.)

Just because someone is a suspect, does not mean they are guilty, nor that they are a "bad guy".

What if you were in the wrong place, at the wrong time (hanging out with some friends) and this went down. You are arrested or detained as a "suspect" until you are found to not be one. Doesn't mean you are guilty of anything other than; being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I know what you mean, and chances ARE that they were involved somewhere, but never assume...

As I understand it - the individual that was shot was the same individual who was the target of this particular raid. Far from a choir boy. The sad thinig is that, as mentioned, he'll lawyer up and surely sue the government.

If I recall, we had a job in that house a few years ago.