Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

NAACP Sues North Hudson Regional Fire Dept.

11 posts in this topic

Is anyone really shocked? Sharpton is set to march any day.

And I thought "change" was here!!! Looks like the same old stuff to me.

this is just more stupidity from the left... as we all know all jurisdictions have residency requirements... my advice is if you really want the job then move into the district or else STOP CRYING !!!!!!

this is just more stupidity from the left... as we all know all jurisdictions have residency requirements... my advice is if you really want the job then move into the district or else STOP CRYING !!!!!!

So if they win & the federal courts say you cant have residency requirements (because they discriminate against minorities) how will that effect MV, NR, WP & Y since the federal courts said we must have residency requirements (since not having them discriminates against minorities)?

They could win in No. Hudson and cause all other jurisdictions to have past cases thrown out. Thats change.

Every time I read this kind of thread, I despair about my adopted country. You want to hire firefighters? Fine. Invite applications. Give the jobs to the best candidates. Who gives a damn about age, sex, race, or residency if they're *motivated*, and can stretch a line? What's hard about that? It works pretty much everywhere else on this damn planet.

Every time I read this kind of thread, I despair about my adopted country. You want to hire firefighters? Fine. Invite applications. Give the jobs to the best candidates. Who gives a damn about age, sex, race, or residency if they're *motivated*, and can stretch a line? What's hard about that? It works pretty much everywhere else on this damn planet.

Couldn't agree more!! Well said!

why only essex union and hudson counties? why not just open it up to everyone. what about black people in morris or bergen county or the whole state. where will it stop. i dont understand why just those counties. i wonder if this is going to have an effect on all agencies who have residency requirements. there are only a couple who are open up to county residents. the reqirements are there for a reason though.

Ok-lets flip this,what happens when the majority of the population is minority? I guess this would terminate the residency requirements for all? I dont think the Vulcans would give their blessing on this one!

I like the post in the comment section under this article. The poster stated how this is discriminating against all non-minorities. This crap makes me sick. Im all for residency requirements. But let people take the exam, hire the best scorers and hire those with residency first.

For example, id love to work for an FD such as Yonkers, but at this point in my life, i am not willing to move to that City. In knowing that however, i understand that if i take the exam, i would have a much less chance of getting hired. Its pretty plain and simple, no?

Like someone else said, you want to get on a job that bad, move to that location/municipality and make sure you score well. Otherwise, stop the bitching and moaning.

Lets give minorities points on the exams, residency points and blah, blah, blah. What more could we do....hmmm, hell lets just give the job to any minority that applies! Only "non-minorities" shall take exams and bust their asses to get the job of their dreams.

I thought it was up to the issuing municipality to set residency requirements? At least, it should be, until the NAACP gets involved.

Edited by BFD1054